Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 2 thread

Well I've been saying it for months now and this performance today may confirm it, but Brandin Cooks is a stud, and I was really hoping the Colts could get him, but there's no chance now because he's a first round pick. That guy is a stud who only got better as the season went on.

Whoever gets him will get a nice gem. 

During the 40 yd dash timing...   Eisen and Mayock were talking about the fact that in the last 15 years or so, about 15 guys have run sub-4.40.

And only one of them has recorded a 1,000 yard receiving season.    One.

The rest.....   including DHB.....    are just guys in the NFL.

Speed is only nice when you've got the rest of the WR to go along with it....

Otherwise.............?

I'll take this guy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/darick-rogers?id=2540179

40 yard dash - 4.52 seconds

Vert - 39.5" (combine top performer)

Broad Jump - 11" (combine top performer)

3 cone drill - 6.71 seconds (combine top performer)

20 yard shuttle - 4.06 seconds (combine top performer)

60 yard shuttle -  11.31 seconds (combine top performer)

Bench - 10 reps

Oh wait...we got him as a UDFA last year. Boom.

I wouldn't be sad if Jordan Matthews fell to us because I do think he would be a fine future replacement for Wayne but I would still prefer some young defensive players with our early draft picks and see what our young WR corps can do with a full off-season together under Wayne's tutelage.

The receiver depth in this draft is insane. That helps us in two ways. One, it means if we target a receiver, a good one could be there for the taking. If we aren't targeting a receiver, all the receivers taken in the first two rounds could push some defensive or offensive line talent down the board.

Sadly it looks like the only WR who will be in our range in the 2nd is Allen Robinson. Jarvis Landry might be there though. Looks like we will be going with defense with our 2nd round pick after all.

That's not exactly a bad thing-Robinson is a good WR and would be a great one in our system. Granted- I like the Height Weight Speed guys but Robinson can play football in comparison to a HWS guy like Heyward Bey.

I think Robinson would be similar if not better than Anquan Boldin.

Yeah Coleman is a huge surprise. Answers some of the questions of if he has the speed to separate. But he can also use his body to separate later. Seems he has adequate speed though.

That speed doesn't really show up in his game IMO

Im interested in Jerick Mckinnons 40 and Jordan Matthews...Im expecting a early 4.4 speed from Matthews which would almost certainly mean he will get drafted before we pick

I was hoping McKinnon might go undrafted. Not after he benched 225 32 times (yeah), ran a 4.41, and did a 40.5 vertical. He's officially a workout monster. Maybe I'd use a 5th or 6th on him, but he should be a multi purpose weapon. Mayock was saying he might move to safety, which I hadn't read/heard about. I think he's what the Jaguars would call an "offensive weapon," and I'd love to have him.

James White is the other late round back I might like for us to grab, for depth.

I was hoping McKinnon might go undrafted. Not after he benched 225 32 times (yeah), ran a 4.41, and did a 40.5 vertical. He's officially a workout monster. Maybe I'd use a 5th or 6th on him, but he should be a multi purpose weapon. Mayock was saying he might move to safety, which I hadn't read/heard about. I think he's what the Jaguars would call an "offensive weapon," and I'd love to have him.

James White is the other late round back I might like for us to grab, for depth.

I think that if we didnt resign Brown, Id like to see us take a look at Storm Johnson if he went undrafted.

I think that if we didnt resign Brown, Id like to see us take a look at Storm Johnson if he went undrafted.

I like Johnson also. My whole thing is that I'd like for our #3 back to be a scatback type of guy, which is what McKinnon is. But we also need options who can carry the ball a few times in a row, up the middle, and step in and start if necessary.

I like Johnson also. My whole thing is that I'd like for our #3 back to be a scatback type of guy, which is what McKinnon is. But we also need options who can carry the ball a few times in a row, up the middle, and step in and start if necessary.

Storm I think could do that, i just dont think he can do much in the way of pass protect. So i agree with you in the sense that he has his limitations.