Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Gruden

doogansquest

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d823b4bd9/exbucs-qb-king-says-gruden-alienated-players-in-tampa/

I don't know how accurate this information is, nor will I claim that the article proves a major point, but the number of people chanting "bring in Gruden" is just as prevalent as the calls for Cowher. Both have cited they won't be coaching anytime soon, so it's not happening. At any rate, this article basically displayed the fact that Dungy's team won a Super Bowl in spite of Gruden, not because of him, and he was a guy that players pretty much hated playing for. I imagine that's what lead to their decline.

Emotion apparently takes you to positive places, right? It's a good thing, right?

It just goes to show that most of us fans don't know what we are talking about, don't know how to build or run a team, and certainly don't realize what we are asking for half of the time.

http://m.nfl.com/new...ayers-in-tampa/

I don't know how accurate this information is, nor will I claim that the article proves a major point, but the number of people chanting "bring in Gruden" is just as prevalent as the calls for Cowher. Both have cited they won't be coaching anytime soon, so it's not happening. At any rate, this article basically displayed the fact that Dungy's team won a Super Bowl in spite of Gruden, not because of him, and he was a guy that players pretty much hated playing for. I imagine that's what lead to their decline.

Emotion apparently takes you to positive places, right? It's a good thing, right?

It just goes to show that most of us fans don't know what we are talking about, don't know how to build or run a team, and certainly don't realize what we are asking for half of the time.

Heard on nfl network that Cowher maybe getting that itch. I get that most of us fans could'nt run a nfl team. I think it is just that 95% of fans relize anyone could do a better job of coaching this team and are just tossing some proven nams out there. I have never claimed to be the smartest guy on the forum, but I am smart enough to no that when 100 people to 2 including people local and national think Coach (word loosly used here)Caldwell is very under qualified at his position, and you need not be an expert to see that.

Heard on nfl network that Cowher maybe getting that itch. I get that most of us fans could'nt run a nfl team. I think it is just that 95% of fans relize anyone could do a better job of coaching this team and are just tossing some proven nams out there. I have never claimed to be the smartest guy on the forum, but I am smart enough to no that when 100 people to 2 including people local and national think Coach (word loosly used here)Caldwell is very under qualified at his position, and you need not be an expert to see that.

95%? 100 to 2? Those are some awfully big numbers. Got any proof of that, or are you simply basing your comments on your personal feeling? One thing to remember is that 95% of fans are not even qualified to be a junior analyst for an NFL coaching staff...100 people to 2 think Coach Caldwell is under qualified? Well, I understand that in a self selecting survey, that might be the case, but I'm not at all convinced that your number is really terribly close to the truth, especially if you're talking about NFL professionals.

95%? 100 to 2? Those are some awfully big numbers. Got any proof of that, or are you simply basing your comments on your personal feeling? One thing to remember is that 95% of fans are not even qualified to be a junior analyst for an NFL coaching staff...100 people to 2 think Coach Caldwell is under qualified? Well, I understand that in a self selecting survey, that might be the case, but I'm not at all convinced that your number is really terribly close to the truth, especially if you're talking about NFL professionals.

Well I did'nt take a scientific cencus. I am using the 8% error platform. Hey start a poll Coach stay or goes.

Whos Shaun King?

I guarantee you that you will find just as many players say they loved the guy as you will those who say things like this chump Shaun King! So to try and sell this particular article off as the be all end all is a bit much!

Whos Shaun King?

I guarantee you that you will find just as many players say they loved the guy as you will those who say things like this chump Shaun King! So to try and sell this particular article off as the be all end all is a bit much!

Shawn king a below average qb did not like gruden?That's it gruden must be a bum.

I'd prefer Rob Ryan. He's like the complete 180 of Caldwell with that scary face of his, the punk rocker white hair, his defensive knowledge, and his character. He seems like the perfect guy to fully utilize Freeney and Mathis to their full potential while correctly devising schemes to best take advantage of our defensive backs.

I also like how when Stephen Paea broke that 49 rep bench press record, Rob Ryan was the first in the stands who you could see giving a fist pump in the air @ 1:13. He knows how strength can translate on the field. This is a guy who loves football and loves a good defense.

Edited by ReMeDy

http://m.nfl.com/new...ayers-in-tampa/

Wish i could plus one that a thousand times... we dont know whats going on behind closed doors and thats where everything happens.

Wish i could plus one that a thousand times... we dont know whats going on behind closed doors and thats where everything happens.

Well, ya don't have to know what goes on behind closed doors. You CAN see the results, and that's what matters. 0-8 for instance. 12-18 since the 14-0 fiasco. Outcoached in the Super Bowl. It's what goes on outside the doors that matters.

Well, ya don't have to know what goes on behind closed doors. You CAN see the results, and that's what matters. 0-8 for instance. 12-18 since the 14-0 fiasco. Outcoached in the Super Bowl. It's what goes on outside the doors that matters.

I think you do have to know whats going on, after that 14-0 season the colts got riddled with injuries and then an early exit and now this... i wouldnt blame this on caldwells emotion at all.. i think caldwell said it perfectly... this is what he makes his living on, he cares about whats going on and he does get mad but he doesnt need to show fans he is... this team is the way it is because of no one else but dungy... he brung the tampa 2 to the colts and he was the one that liked the really small players.. dungy was a good coach but if you remember peytons 49td season....

Just imagine if peyton wasnt even playing in that season and see how fast dungy would be out of a job.

I think you do have to know whats going on, after that 14-0 season the colts got riddled with injuries and then an early exit and now this... i wouldnt blame this on caldwells emotion at all.. i think caldwell said it perfectly... this is what he makes his living on, he cares about whats going on and he does get mad but he doesnt need to show fans he is... this team is the way it is because of no one else but dungy... he brung the tampa 2 to the colts and he was the one that liked the really small players.. dungy was a good coach but if you remember peytons 49td season....

Just imagine if peyton wasnt even playing in that season and see how fast dungy would be out of a job.

And am not talking about demeanor of Caldwell, talking aboiut his results, which have been squat. Green Bay had more injuries and won the Super Bowl. Sorry, not giving Caldwell a free pass on injuries. He went 14-0, took a dive, and got outcoached in the Super Bowl. It's results, and they are not good.

Gruden should be eliminated from consideration for giving Manning the worst nickname evAr.

I swear he's the only one who calls him 'the sheriff' and I cringe every time he says it (typically 18ish times per broadcast).

That said he built something pretty good with the Raiders, Callahan basically took the team Gruden built to the Super Bowl, where the Gruden Bucs smashed them. Raiders fell to pieces afterwards.

And am not talking about demeanor of Caldwell, talking aboiut his results, which have been squat. Green Bay had more injuries and won the Super Bowl. Sorry, not giving Caldwell a free pass on injuries. He went 14-0, took a dive, and got outcoached in the Super Bowl. It's results, and they are not good.

Yes and the colts had injures and they got to the superbowl.. big similarities are both teams have great QB's... just like dungy had manning.. a Franchise QB means everything these days... im not making an excuse for caldwell because i would rather a coach that is also the offensive or D coordinator but he is not the reason the colts are losing.

Gruden should be eliminated from consideration for giving Manning the worst nickname evAr.

I swear he's the only one who calls him 'the sheriff' and I cringe every time he says it (typically 18ish times per broadcast).

That said he built something pretty good with the Raiders, Callahan basically took the team Gruden built to the Super Bowl, where the Gruden Bucs smashed them. Raiders fell to pieces afterwards.

Dungy built the Bucs and Gruden built the Raiders. Each HC was one year removed from the position at the time they met in the SB so perhaps it was Dungy's Bucs who smashed Gruden's Raiders.

I've never understood the love that Gruden gets. Could he be an upgrade for the Colts? Maybe. At least he sees that there needs to be changes to the coverage on D. However, the more I listen to him on MNF the less I want him anywhere near the team. He lets his emotion get the better of him and starts saying things that are just stupid.

Edited by Jason

During times like these, and during off seasons that don't follow a SB victory, there is one phrase that's important to remember....Vocal Minority