Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently the Colts are interested in Jonathan Martin.

Indyfan4life

We will see. I am betting that Dungy is going to bat for him and the Colts will try to sign or trade for him. In spite of what you say, I think Martin can play and Indy is the best team in the NFL for him to play for. But, who knows? We are all guessing. You could easily be right.

he is terrible.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Dungy have to do with anything?

He interviewed Martin and knows Herm Edwards who said Richardson is good. Richardson once played for the Browns, who once had a runningback named Jim Brown. The Colts had a coach named Jim Caldwell who once coached under Dungy.

How can you not see the connection ?

he is terrible.

He is far from terrible or he would not have been starting all of those games for Miami. He is at the very least a very good backup and at the best he could challenge for a starting job in the Indy environment with all of those old teammates supporting him. He can be had for very little. It is a low risk high reward situation.

He interviewed Martin and knows Herm Edwards who said Richardson is good. Richardson once played for the Browns, who once had a runningback named Jim Brown. The Colts had a coach named Jim Caldwell who once coached under Dungy.

How can you not see the connection ?

Richardson may be good yet, you have to handle him like you to Werner and give him two or three years to find out ;-)

We will see. I am betting that Dungy is going to bat for him and the Colts will try to sign or trade for him. In spite of what you say, I think Martin can play and Indy is the best team in the NFL for him to play for. But, who knows? We are all guessing. You could easily be right.

We'll I just don't think Jim harbaugh wants him on the colts because they have beef from there Stanford days, and the colts are talking to the 49ers about trading luck for harbaugh again due to copy right infringement on the captain comeback nickname.

But dungy probably will step up and call Reggie miller from his position at nbc network, and have Reggie announce on TNT that the city of Indianapolis should sign Martin due to his great play, competitive fire, and love and loyalty he would bring to his fellow teammates. Probably

He is on the committee the Miami owner asked to look into what happened with Martin. He did an in depth interview with Martin. He still has close ties to Indy.

Dungy doesn't make decisions for the Colts anymore. He has very little connection to the Colts front office. 

He is on the committee the Miami owner asked to look into what happened with Martin. He did an in depth interview with Martin. He still has close ties to Indy.

Joking aside you realize evidence has surfaced that no one did anything to Martin at all, his whole team supported incognito from the beginning, and texts surfaced showing Martin and incognito were friends, martins on drugs, and he threw incognito under the bus because he didn't want to look like he was mentally incompetent to play in the nfl and made iit appear to all be Ritchie's fault

He is far from terrible or he would not have been starting all of those games for Miami. He is at the very least a very good backup and at the best he could challenge for a starting job in the Indy environment with all of those old teammates supporting him. He can be had for very little. It is a low risk high reward situation.

By that line of thinking Satele is a good center and DHB is a good receiver.

so you think satele and mcglyn are good then?

He just better grow some thick skin if he plans on making it in the nfl. Or man up and talk back.

Not talking about teammates or incognito. Talking about future defensive players he will be facing. If you don't think they'll be talking smack in the trenches you don't know football.

Why wouldn't the Colts be interested? Martin won't have that crap to deal with in Indy and he has friends on the team. He might not be an all pro but he is better than what the Colts had this year.

i take it you have never seen a football game before

check it out sometime.  its good stuff

you are guessing

some of us have actually seen the kid play.  we know how horrible he is

I hope there isn't anything to this. I don't want the Colts to touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.  There is already too much Charmin on this team.  Colts need to get tougher in the trenches not softer.  Besides, we're fine at tackle it's the interior of the O Line that needs addressing. 

I honestly don't care about the Incognito thing to be honest. Jeff Ireland should have done his job and thoroughly understand this guy before drafting him so high.

What i do care about is how well he can play and his skill. How much do you give up for a backup lineman? Nothing more than a 6th or 7th rounder IMO. 

Martin is a bum with tons of baggage and a distraction. He doesnt have much skill, zero backbone, possibly a heavy drug user, and would not get an ounce of respect from his teammates or opponents.

I dont really want my favorite team taking chances on guys who can't hold down a job on a bad team. I am interested in superbowls not humanitarian awards.

The Pitcock reference is a good one. Ole Quinn lost his desire for football and left us holding his joystick. Funny thing is, he found the passion later and tried a comeback. If Martin lost it, he can gather it back as well. He's young, is perhaps sensitive, but the rancor in the Dolphin organization is far different than in Indy. The sideshow he would bring would be muted by the front office, culture, and players themselves (who in several cases played with him in college). It's not a Colts charity case - if he can play, I'd like it to be with us and not against us. Let's take a flyer to see...

Meh.... sign him for cheap, throw him into the mix, let him do the OTAs and camps, see what we got.

A locker room poison. Thats what you got. Keep guys like this away from our young and impressionable roster. He isn't good enouph to even take a chance on. There is no point in signing him.

I wouldn't give up anything to get him but if he shakes free as a free agent and the Colts can get him for cheap why not give him a look?  It's not like the Colts line is playing so well that they can just over look if a young talented player slips free.  If he doesn't work out you just release him.  Either him or one of our tackles would probably have to move to guard though. 

Well keep in mind our OC also worked with him in college I believe.  That's probably why this rumor is there to start with.  The relationship between him and Pep. 

All that's fine. It's just one thing to point out that there was/is a connection, and another to say "the Colts are interested" in such a matter of fact way, solely on the basis of this connection.

We'll see. I think we can do better than Martin in the draft or free agency. That's from a player quality standpoint, having nothing to do with the Incognito issue. 

All that's fine. It's just one thing to point out that there was/is a connection, and another to say "the Colts are interested" in such a matter of fact way, solely on the basis of this connection.

We'll see. I think we can do better than Martin in the draft or free agency. That's from a player quality standpoint, having nothing to do with the Incognito issue. 

Perhaps Detroit will be interested or do you not believe that Dungy has some influence there either?

Perhaps Detroit will be interested or do you not believe that Dungy has some influence there either?

Don't know and don't care. I just don't think Dungy's endorsement of Martin will have anything to do with the Colts evaluation of his playing ability. If they look at his play and determine that he's not an ideal addition to our roster, it won't matter if Dungy says how great of a guy he is.

And again, my point is that we can make all these connections all day long, but it's all still just speculation. These connections do not equal "the Colts are interested." 

Right I wasn't really arguing the "Colts are interested" point as I think enough people have pointed out that this is at best a rumor.  I was just saying where the rumor probably started from and why people link the Colts and Martin to each other.  I was also giving another reason why Martin and the Colts coaches might have been talking at the Pro-Bowl it just might be Pep and him were catching up and simple as that. 

No thanks, I don't want this media circus of a lineman anywhere near the team.

You say that like the Colts already aren't a circus

We have:

The world's strongest neck beard: Andrew Luck's beard

The NFL's biggest bodybuilder: Laron Landry

The big man with the little voice: Vontae Davis

The QB Tamer: Robert Mathis

The Flash: TY Hilton

And last but not least, the world's largest bowling ball: Josh Chapman

We have:

Hilton is not the flash

Chapman is not a bowling ball

Luck shaved

Just all kinds of false information in your post

How is it bad energy? Former Stanford teammate reunited (and it feels sooo good! Couldn't resist sorry) with his QB, TE, & WR all on one team

The Stanford connection would keep growing. I say we draft Skov too haha

The dude was "distant", "in his own world" in the Miami locker room, at least according to everything I heard on NFL Sirius radio. It wasn`t isolated to just Incognoto

We have:

I see what you did there.

But Jonathan Martin is a different type of circus. :P 

Bringing in a locker room poison is not gonna help build a better line.

Guy has mental and possibly substance abuse issues.

If you take a chance on a player with a bad history then that player needs to offer way more then a backup role. Big risk minimal rewards are not how you do things in any business.