Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone hates Indiana

trueblueblood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with the "wait your turn" arguement, how do they justify Reed over Brown? Brown accomplished more with less and they were contemporaries. All three (Reed, Brown, Harrison) will get in, but players should be weighed by their accomplishments.

What's the merit arguement for Reed over the other two? That he carried Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith etc to four superbowl losses?

Off Topic, but is anybody else see the building in downtown Indy has 18 in blue lights?.... Like move on lol imagine how that makes Andrew Luck feel. Build a bridge and move on, Luck is the future and it is bright. But other words yes, I do believe Marvin was snubbed. I don't care how long Andre Reed waited, its measure by stats and skills not YPW. ( Years player waited. its a joke) and regarding DPOY,  I want everyone to see this stat.

------

Luke Kuechly VS Jerrell Freeman 2013 Stats.

Kuechly: 156 tackles/ 2.0 sacks/ 4 INT

Freeman: 126 tackles/ 5.5 sacks/ 2 INT

Not too far off, huh? Freeman is an above average beastin ILB in this league, Grigson really hit the jackpot with him.

Welcome to Indiana

We live and/or support teams in the "Fly Over" State

MH and TD must wait their turn

It is uncommon for someone to get in on the 1st ballot unless you are an icon

and if you want to talk Snub lets talk about Gil Hodges who has 300+ HR multiple All-Star Appearances and WS Titles and is an icon for 2 Franchises but is not in Cooperstown 

Yes, I think when the razor thin margin was apparent for these accolades, the voters, all different mind you, thought "Ya know, I hate Indy, lets go with the other guy"

Mathis- Had a great year, on a bad defense. No knock on him, but looking good amongst the bad, isn't as appealing as looking good amongst the good, like Kuechly and Quinn. Both key components on quality defenses, and still shined. 

Dungy- Is a borderline HoFer at best. It will take a weak class for Dungy to get in. Probably another 5+yrs till he hears his name called. If ever. 

Harrison- Great player, great career. I've maintained for years he wasnt a first ballot HoFer. Many disagreed. Every accolade Marvin has he acquired from Reed, who upon retirement was in the exact same spots Marvin is, statistically. Yet, he too had to wait. And he did it in a harder place to play, and in a harder era, with an arguably less qualified supporting staff....Brown is going to get in before Marvin as well. So we will have this argument again here in a year....

Lance- At best the 3rd best player on his own team. The other 2, made the team. No snub here either. Guy has played great. But who is more important a guy like Lance, who is having a good year as the 3rd best player, or a guy like Joe Johnson, who has kept the Nets in the playoffs by himself while the rest of his team is injured? Or Derozan who has done the same (along with Lowry, who was snubbed more than Lance)....And these were coaches votes. And Lances own coach is the one leading the East. What does that tell you? Apparently he isn't looked to highly upon. 

Sorry Robert wasn't the DPOY. Luke shouldn't have won, but it wasn't Robert either.

Marvin isn't in the Hall of Fame because he has to wait his turn. Just like every WR waiting in line. He isn't snubbed. He is just stuck in a log jame for the position.

Dungy isn't a Hall of Fame head coach.

Lance Stephenson is the only real snub.

Thank You for this dose of Reality.

But Mathis had HIS best year so he should be League D MVP. Homers here are so Pathetic. JMO.

I was a little surprised about Marvin, but with all the one and dones, his many weak games when it COUNTED and the gun death, being voted in the 1st time has a justice to it.

I assumed you were a fan because it seemed like you were defending Kobe to me. You'll have to forgive me, I have a lot of friends who still think Kobe is the best in the nba and it's been driving me insane. Guess I kinda jumped the gun

I'm a fan of Kobe, but I know Kobe hasn't been the best player in the NBA for the last 5-6 years now. 

Colts never get any love. Robert Mathis got screwed out of Dpoy, Dungy and Harrison get snubbed out of the HOF, and not to mention Lance Stephenson getting absolutely screwed out of being an all-star. This is getting pretty old

What the Colts not even getting nominated for the never say never play of the year?

They do hate us!

It happens. I don't think it's an Indiana hate thing. It's probably more of a Stephenson hate thing, because he's been known to be a * in the past.

Lance rubs anybody he plays against the wrong way.  That is why we love him as Pacer fans...and teams facing him despise him :)

They also would simply love to have him...like the Energizer Bunny....never quits running.

And YEP....Quinn got robbed!!

Off Topic, but is anybody else see the building in downtown Indy has 18 in blue lights?.... Like move on lol imagine how that makes Andrew Luck feel. Build a bridge and move on, Luck is the future and it is bright. But other words yes, I do believe Marvin was snubbed. I don't care how long Andre Reed waited, its measure by stats and skills not YPW. ( Years player waited. its a joke) and regarding DPOY,  I want everyone to see this stat.

------

Luke Kuechly VS Jerrell Freeman 2013 Stats.

Kuechly: 156 tackles/ 2.0 sacks/ 4 INT

Freeman: 126 tackles/ 5.5 sacks/ 2 INT

Not too far off, huh? Freeman is an above average beastin ILB in this league, Grigson really hit the jackpot with him.

Um, who cares how it makes Luck feel?  Luck isn't in the Superbowl.  If he were then that building I'm sure would have had "12" in blue lights instead of "18".  There's nothing wrong with showing support for Peyton considering his history in Indy PLUS the fact that he was in the SB and Indy was not.  Good grief.

Um, who cares how it makes Luck feel?  Luck isn't in the Superbowl.  If he were then that building I'm sure would have had "12" in blue lights instead of "18".  There's nothing wrong with showing support for Peyton considering his history in Indy PLUS the fact that he was in the SB and Indy was not.  Good grief.

No, I just cant stand people who continue to live in the past. Luck is our QB now, not peyton. move on. good grief. Irsay made the right decision letting him go, ive supported it since day 1. Just my opinion, that's all. Go Colts

marv has no off the field issue

This type of comment completely explains 90 percent of your posts.

You just clearly don't watch the colts or pay attention.

Shooting at a man and matching the bullets from marvs desert eagle would probably qualify as off the field issues. Definitive proof? No. An issue, yes.

The same man turning up dead soon after.... Why do you think we got rid of Marc so soon? Reggie is still here and he's ancient. Marc was a lot better.

No, I just cant stand people who continue to live in the past. Luck is our QB now, not peyton. move on. good grief. Irsay made the right decision letting him go, ive supported it since day 1. Just my opinion, that's all. Go Colts

Why does them rooting for Peyton automatically mean they were living in the past and haven't moved on?  Should they have simply not shown support for anyone since the Colts weren't involved in the SB?  Why is it wrong for them to show support for a guy who did a lot for this city?  Would you have felt better if they'd displayed the #3 in Seattle colors in support of Wilson?

never charged with a crime

Therefore no issue

Well when someone executes you and gets away with it we will tell your mother it's not an issue there's no arrest. It isn't that cut and dry. This is why the world is so screwed up thoughts like this.

What about players who like to smoke and get suspended? Many don't consider that wrong, but it's clearly a issue.

It's an issue because his career was probably cut a LITTLE short by it.

Well when someone executes you and gets away with it we will tell your mother it's not an issue there's no arrest. It isn't that cut and dry. This is why the world is so screwed up thoughts like this.

What about players who like to smoke and get suspended? Many don't consider that wrong, but it's clearly a issue.

It's an issue because his career was probably cut a LITTLE short by it.

i go by facts

You can keep your speculation

i go by facts

You can keep your speculation

Oh yeah we'll here's your facts

Bullets from his gun were found in a guys house. 2 outcomes one he did it. 2 he had someone he knew do it. Either way it's an issue.

I know that you really don't believe the stuff you're saying. You're just trying to distract from the fact you said he had no off the field issues. You're just making yourself look even more silly.

Oh yeah we'll here's your facts

Bullets from his gun were found in a guys house. 2 outcomes one he did it. 2 he had someone he knew do it. Either way it's an issue.

I know that you really don't believe the stuff you're saying. You're just trying to distract from the fact you said he had no off the field issues. You're just making yourself look even more silly.

do you really think I didn't know about that incident? Get real

I do believe it. No charges so no problem.