Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone hates Indiana

trueblueblood

Not really. Robert Quinn was robbed. I never thought Mathis would win. He's a legitimate candidate, but I don't think he was the best defensive player in the league.

To be honest, it's more of an issue that JJ Watt wasn't a finalist.

JJ had a few votes in there.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For All Star voting? Because most fans don't know what they're doing. Kobe got voted an All Star this year, need I say more?

For HOF voting, I don't think it's a snub. Only five guys can go in at a time. Sometimes worthy individuals have to wait. It's not a small-town thing; Michael Strahan had to wait, while Warren Sapp got in.

I'm talking coach voting. Obviously fans don't kin what they're doing when Kobe gets voted in

This.

Margin did not get snubbed. The Hall of Fame is a limited amount of people every year which causes a log jam sometimes and Marvin is a victim of that because of the WR log jam. Reed is a Hall of Fame WR. His numbers our from an era where defenders could actually play defense. He should have been already, but he suffered from the log jam that guys like Carter, Brown and others suffer from.

The snub that occurred in DPOY was Quinn from the Rams not winning.

The only real snub that occurred was Lance and that has to do with more him rubbing coaches the wrong way than some imagined anti Indiana thing.

Just because our guys do not win every award imaginable does not mean there is hate Indiana thing. Got to stop with this inferiority complex.

Don't you think it's funny that the Peyton manning goat conversation picked up only when he left Indy and went to a bigger market?

I would have loved to see Robert get it, but Kuechley isn't even close to be deserving.

Freemans numbers (yes our Freeman) were comparable:

Kuechly: 156 tackles 2 sacks 4 int's

Freeman: 126 tackles 5.5 sacks 6 forced fumbles 2 ints.

Kuechly has 30 more tackles which sounds like alot but in actuality its only 1.875 more tackles per game.  While Freeman has more sacks and 6 forced fumbles, while Kuechly had none.  

Personally I would like to know the parameters that were used because personally IMO Freemans stat line is better. the 3.5 more sacks and 6 foreced fumbles make up for the missing tackles

Were you not paying attention in 2009?

Sure there was some then. There was some every year after 2006. But he was always getting second billing to brady.

Since he's left, however, the love and admiration he's gotten in the media has been 110% more than he ever did here. 

Even in 2009 when he won his record breaking 3rd MVP. It was all "Manning had a great year, but how about brady and the miraculous comeback he's made?"

Not really. Robert Quinn was robbed. I never thought Mathis would win. He's a legitimate candidate, but I don't think he was the best defensive player in the league.

To be honest, it's more of an issue that JJ Watt wasn't a finalist.

That's silly. What are you basing that on?

Mathis had more tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles.

Sure there was some then. There was some every year after 2006. But he was always getting second billing to brady.

Since he's left, however, the love and admiration he's gotten in the media has been 110% more than he ever did here. 

Even in 2009 when he won his record breaking 3rd MVP. It was all "Manning had a great year, but how about brady and the miraculous comeback he's made?"

There was tons of it before the SB that year, Manning's 4th MVP season. And much of it was about how Manning was THE best of all time. Some of it was "he'll be the best if they win this SB," but mostly he was being crowned. After that, the Colts lose the SB, Brady has a phenomenal 2010, Manning not so much, then Manning misses 2011 while Brady goes to the SB. Tables turned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/sports/football/07manning.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/02/02/peyton.manning/

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-02-03/best-nfl-qb-ever-another-super-bowl-title-and-its-peyton-manning

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/09/goodbye-to-peyton-manning-greatest-quarterback-of-the-21st-century/244991/

A social accomplishment doesn't make you a Hall of Fame coach. And for Dungy that is his biggest accomplishment. He doesn't belong next to guys like Noll, Lombardi, Madden, and the others.

That is simply not true. His biggest accomplishment is leading 2 winning teams for long periods of time, being respected by the majority of his players. What was Tampa before Dungy? How many former assistants became head coaches? Tampa 2 is almost synonimus with Tony Dungy, and I may go on with a little more effort.

That is simply not true. His biggest accomplishment is leading 2 winning teams for long periods of time, being respected by the majority of his players. What was Tampa before Dungy? How many former assistants became head coaches? Tampa 2 is almost synonimus with Tony Dungy, and I may go on with a little more effort.

None of that makes him HOF worthy. Very good coach, very well respected, and very influential. But I don't think he's a HOFer.

I never really thought Dungy was a HOF coach myself but since George Allen is in there with no titles it's hard to say he doesn't belong also. It's hard to fathom how Marvin is not a first ballot HOFer though, even with the Philly controversy I would guess that the fact he had Peyton as QB , maybe lack of playoff success , hurt him. Tim Brown had the opposite problem, subpar QB's bringing him down.

Alot of people on this forum don't seem to understand this lol

Maybe some people on this forum need to figure out the big bad media isnt out to get little old Indiana. 

Harrison didnt get it because Andre Reed has been waiting 8 years, Harrison's time will come.

Dungy imo doenst deserve it either.

Mathis finished second in DPOY, thats not too shabby being the second best player on defense in the entire league.  

Problem is, he should of won.

Stats say so.

Games say so.

No way around it.

I don't know why anyone needs to be so dogmatic about it. That's why they vote. Mathis got a good share of votes, it's not like he was frozen out and got zero recognition.

I disagree about the stats and the games. Raw stats don't work. If I rush the passer 200 times and get 10 sacks, and you rush the passer 500 times and get 12 sacks, your raw sacks number is kind of sorry in comparison with mine. Quinn was far ahead of Mathis is pass rush efficiency, which includes total QB disruptions (sacks, hits and hurries). Quinn was also better against the run.

I don't know why anyone needs to be so dogmatic about it. That's why they vote. Mathis got a good share of votes, it's not like he was frozen out and got zero recognition.

I disagree about the stats and the games. Raw stats don't work. If I rush the passer 200 times and get 10 sacks, and you rush the passer 500 times and get 12 sacks, your raw sacks number is kind of sorry in comparison with mine. Quinn was far ahead of Mathis is pass rush efficiency, which includes total QB disruptions (sacks, hits and hurries). Quinn was also better against the run.

IMO, Bowman had a better year that Keuchly, i i believe that's kind-of a snub. Also, as mentioned before, Watt should've been a finalist. It shouldn't really matter how bad your team was

Dungy not a hall of fame coach? He is the father of the Tampa 2 defense, and had a lot of successful years. And successful teams. Not to mention he's the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl. And I don't buy the "log jam" nonsense. I think he wasn't voted in because of his off the field issue.

marv has no off the field issue

And Quinn played on a MUCH better defense.

Sorry Robert wasn't the DPOY. Luke shouldn't have won, but it wasn't Robert either.

Marvin isn't in the Hall of Fame because he has to wait his turn. Just like every WR waiting in line. He isn't snubbed. He is just stuck in a log jame for the position.

Dungy isn't a Hall of Fame head coach.

Lance Stephenson is the only real snub.

Lance really REALLY got snubbed. I hope he's Finals MVP.

IMO, even Reed not getting in has nothing to do with Marvin. Not even close .. 

1000+ yards per season

Reed-4   Harrison-8

100+ receptions per season

Reed- 0  Harrison- 4 

10+ TD`s per season

Reed- 1  Harrison- 8

For craps and giggles Michael Irvin who IS inducted

1000+ yds per season 7 ..ok close to Marvin`s 8 but..

100+ receptions per season 1! but..

10+ TD`s per season 1!

Marvin is a top 5 WR in the history of the NFL..it is a snub 

IMO, even Reed not getting in has nothing to do with Marvin. Not even close .. 

1000+ yards per season

Reed-4   Harrison-8

100+ receptions per season

Reed- 0  Harrison- 4 

10+ TD`s per season

Reed- 1  Harrison- 8

For craps and giggles Michael Irvin who IS inducted

1000+ yds per season 7 ..ok close to Marvin`s 8 but..

100+ receptions per season 1! but..

10+ TD`s per season 1!

Marvin is a top 5 WR in the history of the NFL..it is a snub 

So you put him in over who?

And Quinn played on a MUCH better defense.

Oh, and blowing up the "everyone hates Indy" claim even further, didn't Bob Sanders win DPOY in 2007? And he won it in a landslide, with 31 votes. Patrick Kerney and Albert Haynesworth were tied for 2nd with 4 votes a piece.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d805cea17/article/colts-safety-sanders-wins-nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-award

Colts never get any love. Robert Mathis got screwed out of Dpoy, Dungy and Harrison get snubbed out of the HOF, and not to mention Lance Stephenson getting absolutely screwed out of being an all-star. This is getting pretty old

Mathis didn't get screwed out of anything, you're devaluing the word snub and Lance wasn't the only one who was left off that arguably deserved to be on the all-star team. 

For All Star voting? Because most fans don't know what they're doing. Kobe got voted an All Star this year, need I say more?

For HOF voting, I don't think it's a snub. Only five guys can go in at a time. Sometimes worthy individuals have to wait. It's not a small-town thing; Michael Strahan had to wait, while Warren Sapp got in. 

All star game is a game for the fans. Not saying it's the best thing for fans to get the starters, but if they want to see X player and vote him in there's nothing you can really argue about it. 

All star game is a game for the fans. Not saying it's the best thing for fans to get the starters, but if they want to see X player and vote him in there's nothing you can really argue about it. 

That's true, but it's technically supposed to acknowledge the best players in the game. Anymore, it's a glorified popularity contest. All the more reason to not care if your guy gets "snubbed."

Mathis didn't get screwed out of anything, you're devaluing the word snub and Lance wasn't the only one who was left off that arguably deserved to be on the all-star team.

I'm guessing you're a Kobe fan? There's absolutey no reason he should be an all-star. A starter at that! Dude played 6 games this year. 6 games. Out of 45+. and won't even play in the all star game because he's crippled. And if it was just for the fans then why do only the coaches get to vote for the reserves? And if you would have been reading all I've said then you would know I said dragic not being an all star is a travesty as well.

That's true, but it's technically supposed to acknowledge the best players in the game. Anymore, it's a glorified popularity contest. All the more reason to not care if your guy gets "snubbed."

As far as starters, yes, it's a popularity contest. But the reserves are voted in by the coaches. So you'd think players that deserve it will get in

As far as starters, yes, it's a popularity contest. But the reserves are voted in by the coaches. So you'd think players that deserve it will get in

Yeah, Stephenson should have been selected by the coaches. All I'm saying is that snubs happen all the time, even with coaches selections. I don't think it has anything to do with Indiana being hated.

I'm guessing you're a Kobe fan? There's absolutey no reason he should be an all-star. A starter at that! Dude played 6 games this year. 6 games. Out of 45+. and won't even play in the all star game because he's crippled. And if it was just for the fans then why do only the coaches get to vote for the reserves? And if you would have been reading all I've said then you would know I said dragic not being an all star is a travesty as well.

Because pointing out how the system works automatically means I'm a fan of that player? Sit down.

Also it's the western conference. There's 12 spots and arguably 16 all-stars this year in the west.

Because pointing out how the system works automatically means I'm a fan of that player? Sit down.

Also it's the western conference. There's 12 spots and arguably 16 all-stars this year in the west.

I assumed you were a fan because it seemed like you were defending Kobe to me. You'll have to forgive me, I have a lot of friends who still think Kobe is the best in the nba and it's been driving me insane. Guess I kinda jumped the gun