Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Statement: Trent Richardson will be Comeback Player of the Year 2014

Caleb3502

He was drafted #3 overall for a reason.  He rushed for 950 yards and had 10+ TDs in his rookie year.  With training camp with the Colts, we will have better knowledge of the offensive scheme.  With are o-line improved next year, the NFL better watch out for Trent Richardson.  He will be the one laughing last.   

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was drafted #3 overall for a reason.  He rushed for 950 yards and had 10+ TDs in his rookie year.  With training camp with the Colts, we will have better knowledge of the offensive scheme.  With are o-line improved next year, the NFL better watch out for Trent Richardson.  He will be the one laughing last.   

I agree  he will know the system and be the runner we wanted. The o line needs to improve big time. hit too many times at the line this year

Reggie Wayne will be the comeback player of the year, he already said that is his goal.  I do anticipate Trent Richardson will make a 2nd year improvement with the full OTA and training camp under Peps system.  Alot of people forget most of his huge contract is being paid by the Browns which is a factor is the trade.  

I cannot believe how many ppl wash Trents balls on this board. The guy showed NOTHING whatsoever since hes been with the Colts. If he had the talent to cut it in this league he'd have given us a glimpse somewhere. In 14 games  his long run was 22 yards, a 2.9yr per average. Thats pathetic. 

The guy was drafted #3 because the Alabama O-line was blowing open holes you and I could run through. 

I dont see it. The guy has been on the team for months. He knows when to block and when to run or go out for a pass. I dont think its a matter of not knowing the playbook.

I also dont think his numbers in Cleveland matter at all. He was on a bad team that lost a lot of games. If your opponent is trailing then you dont mind giving up yards on the ground because it will very rarely lead to a comeback.

I'm actually surprised his numbers aren't higher from his Browns season.

I know our line sucks but even a blind dog will find a bone now and again. The guy has had no flashes of brilliance, he just dances then once he is sure all the defense is aware its a running play he moves forward

Cleveland got over on us, it happens I guess.

Yeah, OTA's and training camp aren't going to help.  He knows our offensive scheme fine by now, he just sucks at it.  Now if we go to more of the zone blocking scheme and emphasize cutbacks over power, who knows what could happen

. The guy has had no flashes of brilliance

This is what I just said above you and Ive said it before. He has shown nothing all season. If hes got the talent everyone says he does he would have done something, even if just 1 or 2 big runs,  over the course of 14 games. 

I cannot believe how many ppl wash Trents balls on this board. The guy showed NOTHING whatsoever since hes been with the Colts. If he had the talent to cut it in this league he'd have given us a glimpse somewhere. In 14 games  his long run was 22 yards, a 2.9yr per average. Thats pathetic. 

The guy was drafted #3 because the Alabama O-line was blowing open holes you and I could run through. 

At least somebody else is starting to get it. yeah he had 950 yrds as a rookie and he still only averaged 3.4 ypc. The thing I hate most is that he actually thinks he is helping and doing well. They should have given tashard choice more touches. In his 5 or so carries I saw more to like then trent same goes for boom herron. They screwed the pooch on this one cause if Ballard comes back he is better than richardson and essentially you have told him he will be the backup to t rich by the value of the picks. I just really wish they never made that trade. Wasn't stoked about it anyway as I wanted Josh Gordon after I saw his pro day 2 years ago and when they could have traded for him I was gonna be so happy then they get trent which doesnt look good and possibly never will

He'd better be.  If he isn't, his name will join players like Steve Entman, Art Schlicter, etc. etc.  He will forever haunt Grigson and upper Colts management as the destructor of the franchise.

That's a little crazy. Yeah, not having that first round pick sucks, but the destruction of the franchise?

Come on. Let's be sensible. We'll have enough cap space we can dip into FA and fill needs, 

um, not even close

How so, he cost us a first round pick, one that we sorely need.  He sputtered and frittered away the season this year, at a time when we needed a running game. 

If he doesn't improve, he is an anchor (and not in a good way) and will be the reason the Colts took a huge step backwards.  I stand by my statement above.  Of course, common sense would be that you all understand that I don't mean permanent destruction, just for the next several seasons, but perhaps I gave some of you guys too much credit.

I agree  he will know the system and be the runner we wanted. The o line needs to improve big time. hit too many times at the line this year

He goes down way too easy...and doesn't run through contact.  Offensive line won't fix that issue.  Kid needs more toughness.  I didn't see any of the angry running style that he was hyped up to possess.

How so, he cost us a first round pick, one that we sorely need. He sputtered and frittered away the season this year, at a time when we needed a running game.

If he doesn't improve, he is an anchor (and not in a good way) and will be the reason the Colts took a huge step backwards. I stand by my statement above. Of course, common sense would be that you all understand that I don't mean permanent destruction, just for the next several seasons, but perhaps I gave some of you guys too much credit.

High first round busts used to hurt because the cap hit for that player was so high. That is no longer the case. Even less so with Richardson, as the browns have to eat his bonus. Even if he is a complete bust, he wont hinder the franchise any more than Jerry Hughes or Donald Brown has

How so, he cost us a first round pick, one that we sorely need.  He sputtered and frittered away the season this year, at a time when we needed a running game. 

If he doesn't improve, he is an anchor (and not in a good way) and will be the reason the Colts took a huge step backwards.  I stand by my statement above.  Of course, common sense would be that you all understand that I don't mean permanent destruction, just for the next several seasons, but perhaps I gave some of you guys too much credit.

Yeah T-Rich sucked...I feel what you are saying but to say that he will be the "destructor of the franchise" is a bit much.  He is more like an impediment to their future success. Which is of course what you meant.  If we allow him to destroy the franchise we have far greater problems than just Trent Richardson.  lmao

High first round busts used to hurt because the cap hit for that player was so high. That is no longer the case. Even less so with Richardson, as the browns have to eat his bonus. Even if he is a complete bust, he wont hinder the franchise any more than Jerry Hughes or Donald Brown has

I would agree with that statement, if and only if the Colts dump him when it is clear that he is not going to produce.  I hate it when they hold on to players who are dead weight.

Yeah T-Rich sucked...I feel what you are saying but to say that he will be the "destructor of the franchise" is a bit much.  He is more like an impediment to their future success. Which is of course what you meant.  If we allow him to destroy the franchise we have far greater problems than just Trent Richardson.  lmao

I suppose destructor was not the right term....but if he ultimately ends up costing Grigson his reputation, if not job, he (Grigson) might feel differently.  That's the problem with sticking your neck out, I guess, sometimes it gets chopped off.

Some players had decent ypc, but none of running backs had truly good games. Brown was averaging less then 3 ypc before garbage time.

Richardson has already been better at pass pro and as a receiver. Next year he'll be the better running back as well.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Joe Addai's stats.  His first year, he averaged 4.8 ypc for 1081 yards.  His career average is 4.1 ypc.

Donald Brown has averaged 4.3 ypc over his career.

Vick Ballard has averaged 3.9 ypc over his career.

Trent Richardson has averaged 3.3 ypc over his career.

Now, looking at that, are those numbers worthy of a 1st round draft pick, let alone a top 3?

(Btw, 3.3 ypc is for the most part worse than any of the above player's mentioned single year stats.)

Looking at this list, T-Rich would occupy the last spot.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/631329-1st-round-runningbacks-of-this-decade-a-recap-report-card/page/32

then the Colts need to upgrade the offensive line and open some holes up