Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

6 interceptions in two playoff games

Drew1023

Does anyone else see that Luck had 7 interceptions in two playoff games as an issue? I'm not saying he is horrible but does this make you think differently of him or agree with the Bayless article a little more?  I know that not all of them were Luck's fault but still 7 interceptions in two games in the postseason is kind of significant.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys calm down. He can throw 10 for all I care. We were right in both of these games. Talking heads will love to mention his 7 INTs in the playoffs and so be it. He is still in his second year, thats something I never forgot this season. 

He wishes he had a few back, but Luck is the only reason they won 11 games, the only reason they are in the the playoffs, and the only reason they won last week.  This team flat out sucks.  Like Manning, it's all on Luck.  I pray it's not that way for the next 14 years, but that's the reality.   

All I can say is never take playoff wins for granted. We can dog on Peyton all we want but we do need to keep in mind that playoff wins are not given out like candy, they have to be earned. But the D, it was not playoff caliber D. Seemed like the old Colts run D to me.

We can't hope to win shoot outs in the playoffs most of the time.

You know what is so damned irritating is that everytime the Colts get close in a game winging the ball, the go back into handing the ball off and punting.  They stopped NE like 3 times in a row and did nothing on offense.

I'm not concerned about Luck.   He is a young QB in his second on a team with no running attack, no defense, and not a great receiving cast.  Some decisions are really bad, but he will get better.

People do realize the difference in playing QB for the Seahawks and for a * team like this, right?  Were Luck, like a monkey, to hand the ball off for 4 quarters and wait for his defense and running game to do their thing, what would the result be?

Does anyone else see that Luck had 7 interceptions in two playoff games as an issue? I'm not saying he is horrible but does this make you think differently of him or agree with the Bayless article a little more?  I know that not all of them were Luck's fault but still 7 interceptions in two games in the postseason is kind of significant.

not his fault avg wr,s  avg offense line .  o,line give you time  min of 3 sec too set a throw and since colts can,t run the ball because the  o,line . defense have a easier game too beat you.

You know what is so damned irritating is that everytime the Colts get close in a game winging the ball, the go back into handing the ball off and punting.  They stopped NE like 3 times in a row and did nothing on offense.

I thought the same thing.  Luck is the only thing keeping you in the game.  You have to live and die by it.

He plays so great we forget he's a second year player. Look at Wilson today. He didn't play well either but had a running game to fall on and a D to depend on.

Yep. This is the difference. Teams like the 49ers and the Seahawks can win without their QBs playing well. Hell, today Brady didn't even have a TD. The same can't be said for Andrew.

He didn't play well today. But I'm not worried about the future. He will be fine.

only one was his fault

2 of the first 3 tonight were his fault.  He was very inconsistent with his reads and decision making tonight and was staring down his receivers quite a bit.  These are things he will improve on with time.  He's still a young QB.  

All this means is that a lot of people need to keep their expectations realistic.  Sure, Luck may be one of the best Qb prospects in a long time and yada yada, but he's not the best QB in the league right now and I'm not even sure if he should legitimately considered in the top 10. 

That's not a knock on him at all.  It simply means that he lacks NFL experience which he will gain in time and in that time I have no doubt that he will continue to improve and correct those mistakes.