Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whether the Weather Will Matter

chrisfarley

I have heard a ton of varying opinions on the affect the weather will have on the two teams, but why the heck are some people reporting 45 MPH Gusts and driving rain and others are all over the map with light rain, 15-25 MPH Gusts and blah-blah-blah. My goodness, I guess we need to wait an hour before game time before they tell us the truth. Or maybe BB has put up a weather smoke-screen.

It is awful right now out there. Dark, rainy and windy with a lot of thunder.

Good. Again, the Colts are at their absolute best when the stakes are the highest. They have come out and dominated teams like the 49ers and Chiefs on their home fields. I'm not concerned...Whatever the factors are, they are going to affect New England just as much. What, Brady isn't going to be affected by swirling winds? Your kicker won't be either? Lol. Whatever offensive line is tough enough, that team is going to win and I like the way we're playing right now. We can hang with the best of them and we have. Get ready for a back yard brawl as far as I'm concerned...I can tell you right now this Colts team won't be adversely affected by weather. Again, if our offensive and defensive lines take care of business, I like our chances....

See if this were Lucas Oil we wouldn't have a problem!

This Colts team is tougher on the road. Tough period...Yeah, we've gotten kicked around here and there but have been right there with the best just the same...The weather is a neutralizer...Our line is playing at it's toughest and I expect them to compete today. No getting down by 21...No miraculous comebacks....None of that...We don't need that. I'm not even trying to hear that!!!!!

Wind is going to be a bigger factor than the rain IMO.  The Pats play on field turf so rain wont impact the field much.  It will make the ball slippery so you have to protect the ball when you get it to make sure you don't fumble it.  The wind though can impact passes and kicking a great deal.  So long passes and long kicks are going to be me for difficult than normal today.  Honestly if you get 50 MPH wind gusts that can do unpredictable things with the ball in the air which is why I think you'll see both teams try to keep it on the ground as much as they can.  This game might be decided by a big turnover from crazy wind or a fumble from a slippery ball, or a bad punt giving the other team great field position.