Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans open to trading no. 1 pick.

Indyfan4life

I think there just saying that there ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO

So, your theory is that they made an announcement saying that they're open to trading the pick and they did that because there's no way in hell that they would trade the pick?

So, your theory is that they made an announcement saying that they're open to trading the pick and they did that because there's no way in hell that they would trade the pick?

Yeah like a smoke screen to get teams hopes up. IMO they won't trade it. Every year the team with the first pick says "we are open to trading out of the first spot" but alot of times it don't happen

Yeah like a smoke screen to get teams hopes up. IMO they won't trade it. Every year the team with the first pick says "we are open to trading out of the first spot" but alot of times it don't happen

What possible point would creating a smoke screen serve?  Why would Houston give any kind of a crap about getting other teams' hopes up?

Of course trades don't always happen.  One team has to be willing to trade their commodity, another team has to desire that commodity enough to trade for it, and the two have to reach mutually agreeable terms.  

What possible point would creating a smoke screen serve? Why would Houston give any kind of a crap about getting other teams' hopes up?

Of course trades don't always happen. One team has to be willing to trade their commodity, another team has to desire that commodity enough to trade for it, and the two have to reach mutually agreeable terms.

Like I said every year the team with the 1st pick says we are open to trading out of it but its not likely it's just something that's always said

"Sure you can have the pick if you want.....it's only gonna cost you 4 future 1st rounder."

That's the only way I can see them trading this pick. I doubt there is a team going to mortgage their future for a QB after seeing how the Skins collapsed.

Like I said every year the team with the 1st pick says we are open to trading out of it but its not likely it's just something that's always said

And I acknowledged that.  I never said I thought the Texans would trade the pick nor that they wouldn't.  My question was merely about your conclusion that they made an announcement stating that they are open to trading the pick while knowing there's no way in hell that they would trade the pick.  There are some missed steps in logic in there somewhere just waiting to be found. ;)

And I acknowledged that. I never said I thought the Texans would trade the pick nor that they wouldn't. My question was merely about your conclusion that they made an announcement stating that they are open to trading the pick while knowing there's no way in hell that they would trade the pick. There are some missed steps in logic in there somewhere just waiting to be found. ;)

well I just think there is no way in hell they trade it they may but I will be very surprised

well I just think there is no way in hell they trade it they may but I will be very surprised

Using punctuation can really help to avoid confusion ;)

I think there just saying that there ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO

could be either:

1. I think they are just saying that there ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO.

2. I think they are just saying that.  There ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO.

Do you see the difference?

Using punctuation can really help to avoid confusion ;)

could be either:

1. I think they are just saying that there ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO.

2. I think they are just saying that. There ain't no way in hell they trade that pick IMO.

Do you see the difference?

Yeah I did realize this after the fact and it was too late for a fix

Yeah I did realize this after the fact and it was too late for a fix

gotcha.  I definitely didn't catch it at first either.  It was only after a couple replies that I went back and re-read your initial post and then noticed.  It's all good and your first post definitely makes a lot more sense now. :)  

I do agree with you in that I do think it's unlikely they trade the pic.  

Trade down a couple of picks and get Blake bortles. We are in huge trouble. Not only th Andrew Luck 2.0 but they get more picks?! To be honest I don't see any of the top 5 players succeeding in the NFL like Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel.

Trade down a couple of picks and get Blake bortles. We are in huge trouble. Not only th Andrew Luck 2.0 but they get more picks?! To be honest I don't see any of the top 5 players succeeding in the NFL like Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel.

Blake Bortles isn't even close to having the talent and football intelligence Luck has. As far as I'm concerned the only similarity I see between Bortles and Luck is there body type.

Idk if the Texans are sold on Bridgewater like they are Clowney but since QB is the bigger need they'll take Bridgewater. Clowney is the #1 prospect in the draft with Matthews and Barr right behind him, Bridgewater is the 4th or 5th prospect on most boards. I think Manziel goes to the Vikings in the 1st and Bortles to the Browns in the 1st round. The Jags will probably go Clowney then QB in the 2nd.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they try to rehabilitate Schaub's confidence and go with Clowney.

It would sure be fun to watch Clowney, Cushing, and Watt all on the same Wade Phillips defense.

Ecept Wade Phillips won't be there.

I hope they do take Clowney. I don't think he'll be all that successful in the pro's and they still won't get a QB worth crap.

The Colts will be laughing all the way to another division title next yr..

What do you mean? Schaub is awesome. remember?

Manning was awesome too, but we all know new regimes and dissatisfied owners mean new changes in quarterbacks. Plus a top young QB is what we need....it seems everyone is getting one these days.