Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Curious....Let's say we win the Lombardi

ColtsHappy

Y'all are so upset at mere facts that you just spout off at the mouth...it's fun to watch.

It's fun to see you are conveniently ignoring the fact that Houston is a huge market compared to Indy and what that and the economy can do.  For being a small market Indy does a pretty amazing job of supporting it'st team, and that is from someone who live in Portland, OR, not indy.

But I agree with the OP about some of the fans and the expectations.  So many people act like they know so much more than the coaches, scouts, GMs, and owners.  Although I don't agree with everything they do I think the Colts have done a fantastic job of putting a competitive team on the field and fans should be happy about that.

Disagree completely. Just because your team doesn't make the playoffs doesn't mean your city isn't a football city. And vice versa.

Agreed

And just because your team does'nt sell out a game does'nt mean your city is not a football city as well  , :thmup:

In Indianapolis we are a lil spoiled yeah we have if you have'nt noticed a pretty good basketball team too but trust me this City & State loves both .

At the end of the day we knew this game would be on T'V    :applause: some how some way & you can bet this won't happen again in the Andrew Luck era ... :blueshoe:

Totally unnecessary, and an over-reaction. You are being blindsided by a small % of trolls, pretend fans. The vast majority on here are true fans, and that does include being a realist. I found most of your post offensive. I find it odd that so called 'true fans' need to attack fellow fans for not seeing unicorns and rainbows. Get over yourself.

good post

Hey don't get mad at me, I remember after 2011 the Colts were practically begging people to buy season tickets, even after you drafted Luck. Meanwhile the Texans have sold out every game they've ever played. So what does that say about Indy as a football city?

You guys single-handedly destroyed your own team's mental fortitude. Your own players don't even like you. You're now regarded as some of the worst fans in the league. You deserve every bit of your current misery. Now go back to your own board and don't return for another 10 years, when your team actually becomes relevant again

Hey don't get mad at me, I remember after 2011 the Colts were practically begging people to buy season tickets, even after you drafted Luck. Meanwhile the Texans have sold out every game they've ever played. So what does that say about Indy as a football city?

How many empty seats in Texas this playoff weekend?

:spit:

I'll bite bc it's Friday night and I'm feelin' froggy!

Vance...did you not notice the other 3 small market teams that barely avoided blackouts? Green Bay, home of the self-proclaimed "best fans in football" had more tickets unsold than Indy did! And that fan base has a season ticket waiting list 123 years long. Cincy needed a last second bailout as well. All 3 cities are small market teams.

This situation is due to several things, some have been mentioned already

1. Our metro area is around 1.2 million people. Houston's is 6.6 million.

2. Our economy isn't exactly the greatest right now, and its exactly 10 days after Christmas

3. The Pacers, who are white hot right now, play at 7pm tomorrow (probably around 17,000 at that game) IU has a basketball game at 2pm. (another 17,000+) Butler's game is @ Xavier but its close so some fans will travel. The NFL really screwed us over by giving us the Saturday slot. Had it been on Sunday I don't think this would have been nearly as big an issue.

4. The last Colts non sellout was in 2003. In fact, it WAS a sellout, just not early enough to avoid the TV blackout. I was at the game. The Colts destroyed the Titans and established themselves as the AFC South perennial winners (with a few breaks) for the next decade plus.

5. With the dumpster fire of a season your team had, I can see why you'd come on here to take shots at the Colts. In fact this is kind of out of character for you...you typically aren't this "trollish"

6. The NFL needs to look long and hard at this near fiasco. They probably won't though, seeing as their revenues are mostly from the TV deals.

Side note. Some ignorant Philly fan was bragging about how they sold out their playoff game in minutes. No crap, Sherlock. Philly is a rabid fan base in a city within easy driving distance to about 10+ million people. Not to mention their metro area alone is 5.5 million

But I agree with the OP about some of the fans and the expectations.  So many people act like they know so much more than the coaches, scouts, GMs, and owners.  Although I don't agree with everything they do I think the Colts have done a fantastic job of putting a competitive team on the field and fans should be happy about that.

You have hit the nail directly on the proverbial head. Thanks for this.

I'll bite bc it's Friday night and I'm feelin' froggy!

Vance...did you not notice the other 3 small market teams that barely avoided blackouts? Green Bay, home of the self-proclaimed "best fans in football" had more tickets unsold than Indy did! And that fan base has a season ticket waiting list 123 years long. Cincy needed a last second bailout as well. All 3 cities are small market teams.

This situation is due to several things, some have been mentioned already

1. Our metro area is around 1.2 million people. Houston's is 6.6 million.

2. Our economy isn't exactly the greatest right now, and its exactly 10 days after Christmas

3. The Pacers, who are white hot right now, play at 7pm tomorrow (probably around 17,000 at that game) IU has a basketball game at 2pm. (another 17,000+) Butler's game is @ Xavier but its close so some fans will travel. The NFL really screwed us over by giving us the Saturday slot. Had it been on Sunday I don't think this would have been nearly as big an issue.

4. The last Colts non sellout was in 2003. In fact, it WAS a sellout, just not early enough to avoid the TV blackout. I was at the game. The Colts destroyed the Titans and established themselves as the AFC South perennial winners (with a few breaks) for the next decade plus.

5. With the dumpster fire of a season your team had, I can see why you'd come on here to take shots at the Colts. In fact this is kind of out of character for you...you typically aren't this "trollish"

6. The NFL needs to look long and hard at this near fiasco. They probably won't though, seeing as their revenues are mostly from the TV deals.

Side note. Some ignorant Philly fan was bragging about how they sold out their playoff game in minutes. No crap, Sherlock. Philly is a rabid fan base in a city within easy driving distance to about 10+ million people. Not to mention their metro area alone is 5.5 million

Their season ticket holders are also required to buy post-season tickets.

You have hit the nail directly on the proverbial head. Thanks for this.

No it hasn't. People are just expressing their opinions. Some may postulate as if they know more, and clearly they don't, but the majority just say it as they see it. Not much harm in that, and basically what the Forum is for.....

Thanks to everyone.

I think you all proved to the world that the Indy Colts fans are the ultimate 12th man (and woman).

The purity of your belief in this team was undeniable. No question about it.

There is so much heart on this team, I am seriously wondering if anyone can beat us????

:D :D :D :D

ColtsHappy