Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so Johnny football

Yeah, it was kinda cool I guess.  The fact that he needed a huge comeback to squeak by a team he was a 21 point favorite against really isn't that impressive, though...

Still think he's going to be a major bust.  He just doesn't have the right attitude, IMO.

Yeah, it was kinda cool I guess.  The fact that he needed a huge comeback to squeak by a team he was a 21 point favorite against really isn't that impressive, though...

Still think he's going to be a major bust.  He just doesn't have the right attitude, IMO.

Not like he plays defense

He urkes me with his attitude kind of like Geno Smith does..

Johnny might need to acquire high heels to play in the NFL

He is a taller Doug Flutie to me, with a better arm.

It is all in his head, that is what it will boil down to. He is actually 6'1", 210 lbs, taller than Brees, in fact. 

He may actually be there for the Browns pick when they are picking. He will either go to the Browns or Vikings at #4 or #8, IMO. From a skill point of view, he has shown me a lot from the pocket, even more than Geno Smith. Plus, he will get used to NFL speed faster because he played in the SEC.

I think the Rams might trade with a willing partner, Browns or Vikes, whoever wants him. Or teams might call the Rams bluff, and Rams will go OL with their No.2 pick.

He is a taller Doug Flutie to me, with a better arm.

It is all in his head, that is what it will boil down to. He is actually 6'1", 210 lbs, taller than Brees, in fact. 

Doubt it. If he measures at 6' and/or anything over 200 lbs I'll be shocked. 

Doubt it. If he measures at 6' and/or anything over 200 lbs I'll be shocked. 

They showed what his height and weight were before the bowl game in his profile, it said 6'1", 210 lbs.

This one says 6'0", 210 lbs - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824921/johnny-manziel

So, yep, he is at least 6 foot tall, that would be Brees' height and like Russell Wilson, he has those big hands which will give him a favorable rating from a lot of GMs.

The teams always fudge those numbers for their own guys. Sort of like how the Pats have Wilfork listed at 325.

Yeah, but if the profile on the bowl game on TV is close to this on the nfldraftscout website, I am leaning towards it being credible enough. We will find out at the combine. I can bet those numbers will measure close.

They showed what his height and weight were before the bowl game in his profile, it said 6'1", 210 lbs.

This one says 6'0", 210 lbs - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824921/johnny-manziel

So, yep, he is at least 6 foot tall, that would be Brees' height and like Russell Wilson, he has those big hands which will give him a favorable rating from a lot of GMs.

There is absolutely no way Manziel is that big. Not even close, he is no bigger than 5'10" 185lbs. They always list little guys bigger and really fat guys lighter.

There is absolutely no way Manziel is that big. Not even close, he is no bigger than 5'10" 185lbs. They always list little guys bigger and really fat guys lighter.

I don't know what to say, don't shoot the messenger :). We will see how much he weighs and measures at the combine. He is not going to grow 2 inches, if he is indeed 5'10". You guys all talk like you have measured him or something. :)

Maybe its your perception of Manziel that needs to be re-calibrated??? ;) I frankly do not see the point for all these draft scout sites and A&M to lie about his height by a couple of inches, especially when a lot of his draft status is still uncertain.

NFL folks, they are drafted, they have contracts, and they have less to lose with fuzzy measurements posted. These guys have more to lose by their universities lying. I don't buy the conspiracy theory that everyone associated with Manziel is lying for Manziel to give him 2 extra inches of height.

I don't know what to say, don't shoot the messenger :). We will see how much he weighs and measures at the combine. He is not going to grow 2 inches, if he is indeed 5'10". You guys all talk like you have measured him or something. :)

Maybe its your perception of Manziel that needs to be re-calibrated??? ;) I frankly do not see the point for all these draft scout sites and A&M to lie about his height by a couple of inches, especially when a lot of his draft status is still uncertain.

NFL folks, they are drafted, they have contracts, and they have less to lose with fuzzy measurements posted. These guys have more to lose by their universities lying. I don't buy the conspiracy theory that everyone associated with Manziel is lying for Manziel to give him 2 extra inches of height.

His height may be a determining factor in when he is drafted, some teams will likely shy away just like they did on Russell Wilson(Who I think was much better from a QB standpoint then Manziel coming out), Look at Russell Wilson...Fell to the 3rd round...If Manziel turns out to be as good as Wilson has been in his first 2 years I would be pretty surprised, I think Manziel will be good from the start do to his athleticism but I wonder if he will grow as a QB

This happens all of the time. It's why the NFL does it's own measurements at the combine. 

Case Keenum is listed as 6'2" at Houston and measures at 6'1" at the combine.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's pretty commonly known. 

Do you honestly think that Vince Wilfork weighs 325 lbs? Josh Chapman weighs 340 and Wilfork is bigger than he is. 

Not saying he's going to measure at 5'10" or something, but college's have always been known to fudge those numbers a little bit.

It's the same thing with tackle stats in the NFL. The NFL doesn't record them, the teams do. It's a reason why a guy like Kiko Alonso can be credited with 23 tackles in a game but if you go back and look he's only in on like 17 of them .

And FWIW, nfldraftscout has Manziel listed as 6'0". Which is probably closer to his actual size.

Not like he plays defense

Yeah, A&M couldn't stop Duke at all early in the game or on third down, and if not for those late turnovers by the Duke QB, Manziel and the offense would have had to score more than 52 to win. And the struggles from the A&M offense early in the game were because of stupid penalties by the receivers, a couple of drops, and then they gave Duke a short field on a blocked punt. 

I don't see any way to take credit away from Manziel for that game yesterday. There's no greater endorsement Manziel can get than the one he gave himself with that game. 

So, yep, he is at least 6 foot tall, that would be Brees' height and like Russell Wilson, he has those big hands which will give him a favorable rating from a lot of GMs.

There's a saying in football...

Tape don't lie.   

That's for video tape....

But in this case,  it's also for measuring tape.     And those bio reports can say anything they want.   What he's measured at at the combine or his pro day will be the ultimate revealer....     We'll find out who has been fibbing, and what is the truth....

I think Manziel will go to the Vikings in the top 10, very reminiscent of Fran Tarketon. With AP, Jennings, Rudolf, and Patterson i think Manziel will have a great year passing and rushing. i could see him with 3,700 yards 21 TD's 14 INT's, 150 rushes 700 yards 7 TD's. Imo he'll be the best QB in the draft by far. He's small but he's tough can take a hit and is much more elusive then RG3 was.

I think Manziel will go to the Vikings in the top 10, very reminiscent of Fran Tarketon. With AP, Jennings, Rudolf, and Patterson i think Manziel will have a great year passing and rushing. i could see him with 3,700 yards 21 TD's 14 INT's, 150 rushes 700 yards 7 TD's. Imo he'll be the best QB in the draft by far. He's small but he's tough can take a hit and is much more elusive then RG3 was.

He won't be able to take NFL hits..not for long.