Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why I believe bradshaw and not brown will be resigned

CR91

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his name was Delone Carter and averaging 2.9 yards a carry I highly doubt I would have gotten a "sigh". Richardson has kinda stunk so far, but that doesn't mean he can't improve next year....but I don't wanna bet on that without Brown.

And Brown always showed promise.

Let me start by saying I really like what Brown is doing this year...I also think TRich has shown "improvement" this year (past couple games). Brown has always shown promise? He's played ONE full season and ONE season over 4ypc until this year. Maybe Brown benefits from TRich too?! Brown broke off that long catch & run AFTER a few series of TRich pounding the ball. Just my 2 cents....GO COLTS & Go Brown & TRich :disco:  :blueshoe:

The Colts have just scratched the surface of what DB is capable of. Its always "well take away the 51 yd run he had and what would his avg yd per carry be?" He`s the only running back the Colts have that can take it to the house! Not comparing him to the great ones but how many bad runs did say Barry Sanders have before he`d break one? Chris Johnson the same. Sometimes its those one or two plays that are difference makers in a game. DB has shown he can make them. None of the mentioned players other than Luck being re-signed down the road are difference makers like DB. Sign him

Exactly couldn't agree more and hopefully our o-line will be better next year to. 

Ballard, TRich and a draft/FA acquisition.

Can't see Grigs over-paying Brown when he never had that much confidence in him anyway.  If he did, what the heck was the Bradshaw signing and TRich trade about?  Personally, I would like to see Bradshaw back again. 

Spend money on the line already!

I don't like your scenario at all Brown is a game breaker. We need that fast to the house compliment to TRich and Ballard who are bruising backs. We don't want to waste a draft pick on a RB. 

Let me start by saying I really like what Brown is doing this year...I also think TRich has shown "improvement" this year (past couple games). Brown has always shown promise? He's played ONE full season and ONE season over 4ypc until this year. Maybe Brown benefits from TRich too?! Brown broke off that long catch & run AFTER a few series of TRich pounding the ball. Just my 2 cents....GO COLTS & Go Brown & TRich :disco:  :blueshoe:

Browns production was always right in line with his backfield teammates all the while playing behind a poor offensive line. TRich's rushing numbers behind a poor offensive line, on the other hand, are well below his backfield teammates.

It sure would be sweet to see how our run game played out with a Brown-Bradshaw tandem 1-2 punch healthy all season. Not a Giants fan by no stretch, but always liked how hard Bradshaw ran. Brown runs hard as well every play. Ballard is an unknown quantity ( for me - I don't know his production well ) and as of yet it appears Richardson is indecisive when hitting the hole. Just an opinion.

I love Bradshaw and I like what he brings to the table in terms of ability, attitude, energy and aggression, but this latest neck injury doesn't bode well for him. Just as Irsay said in the case of Peyton(and clearly Bradshaw is not ) "This is not a hamstring, this is not an elbow, this is a neck we are talking about".  I'm not quite sure if Jimbo and Grigs will take on the risk even if it will not be that big financially. In terms of durability it may not be worth the time, along with the other injuries he's had.  I wish there was a way we could keep him though.

In the case of Brown, I think his best chance to get paid will be to re-sign with the Colts.  I don't think he will have as many suitors as every one else does. So I say Ballard, Brown, and Richardson. Also a young back on the practice squad, or we can even include Chris Rainey.

ok before everyone calls me * hear me out. bradshaw is a proven commidty just has durability issues which can work to our advantage as we can keep him for cheap something like 2 year 3 million. brown in the other hand will cost us a pretty penny after this season and there will be teams that will give him the pay day he wants. we cant afford to overpay brown when we have guys like davis bethea pat vinny connor mathews/moala link/reitz that need to be resigned. you also have to think long term about once andrew's contract is up and when we really have to pay him. bradshaw has already proven he can be productive for us and even if he goes down again we still have ballard. an acl tear isnt the death sentence it use to be and there will be no rush to bring ballard back so he can return when hes ready if you guys are scared he'll pull a rg3 and not be as effective. trent I honestly believe will floruish in our offense with a full off-season and camp and with the better line we'll have next year. im ready for the abuse

Don't see it happening..

Bradshaws neck is too much of a risk..

I want to keep Brown though

Browns production was always right in line with his backfield teammates all the while playing behind a poor offensive line. TRich's rushing numbers behind a poor offensive line, on the other hand, are well below his backfield teammates.

So it was ok for Brown to be right in line (which imo has been below average at best since the SB run) with his backfield mates & poor offensive line but TRich isn't allowed any time to jell with new team, bad line, new O, coaches, scheme, etc...? I do realize you said he can improve next year but I've been seeing it the past 2 games. Last game vs KC it seemed like e/t he got the ball he was having to shake at least one tackler in the backfield. By no means do I think his production has been stellar up to this point but I'm seeing small steps in the right direction. I do feel that Brown & Trich make for a good duo coming out the backfield. By no means am I bashing ya Blood :D  just really pulling for them both to succeed, only helps the Colts :blueshoe:

So it was ok for Brown to be right in line (which imo has been below average at best since the SB run) with his backfield mates & poor offensive line but TRich isn't allowed any time to jell with new team, bad line, new O, coaches, scheme, etc...? I do realize you said he can improve next year but I've been seeing it the past 2 games. Last game vs KC it seemed like e/t he got the ball he was having to shake at least one tackler in the backfield. By no means do I think his production has been stellar up to this point but I'm seeing small steps in the right direction. I do feel that Brown & Trich make for a good duo coming out the backfield. By no means am I bashing ya Blood :D  just really pulling for them both to succeed, only helps the Colts :blueshoe:

Good point reguarding the gelling of Richardson. It's a given if he were our "every down back" as James was, his production would be far better. Time to learn the offense, the ins and outs of how the linemen block, and the immense pressure that he has on him to produce being a former high 1st rounder. He's surely a bull and runs hard every play.

Would anyone who holds the idea we "Screwed Brown over" explain why they feel this way to me?

It could be that we keep acquiring other backs to be the #1 and he get's shuffled down the depth chart after giving 100% every play. Not to mention that he is a #1 as well and really hasn't been given the spot to see what he is really capable of. He still keeps his attitude right and gives his all -- which is maybe why he has went from #4 to #1 on the depth chart.. (besides injuries)

It could be that we keep acquiring other backs to be the #1 and he get's shuffled down the depth chart after giving 100% every play. Not to mention that he is a #1 as well and really hasn't been given the spot to see what he is really capable of. He still keeps his attitude right and gives his all -- which is maybe why he has went from #4 to #1 on the depth chart.. (besides injuries)

He had plenty of chances to be the main guy and continually got hurt or lost his job remember?

That's also why we continually added backs because Donald wasn't reliable health wise.

But this year when he started playing really well he was given the chance to start again. He isn't being buried for no reason.

He wouldn't have been treated differently anywhere else.

He had plenty of chances to be the main guy and continually got hurt or lost his job remember?

That's also why we continually added backs because Donald wasn't reliable health wise.

But this year when he started playing really well he was given the chance to start again. He isn't being buried for no reason.

He wouldn't have been treated differently anywhere else.

You know, you are right. I didn't remember him injuring anything serious, but he was out for something. I reckon a better way to say it is: It seems that we try to replace him, or add a "premium" back to be our #1... Didn't we draft him in '09? I remember him playing behind Addai. Thanks for the correction as I did forget that. I still applaud his work ethic, attitude, and hopping ability.. ha ha

You know, you are right. I didn't remember him injuring anything serious, but he was out for something. I reckon a better way to say it is: It seems that we try to replace him, or add a "premium" back to be our #1... Didn't we draft him in '09? I remember him playing behind Addai. Thanks for the correction as I did forget that. I still applaud his work ethic, attitude, and hopping ability.. ha ha

I think last year was suppose to be his year honestly. He was the guy, but then Ballard started producing and he lost his starting job in the offseason.

Right now he's playing great football though. No complaints from me as long as he stays healthy.

I think last year was suppose to be his year honestly. He was the guy, but then Ballard started producing and he lost his starting job in the offseason.

Right now he's playing great football though. No complaints from me as long as he stays healthy.

Ballard had 24 carris for 74 yards in the preseason last year for 3.1 ypc and 2 catches for 23 yards , Brown had 16 for 38 and 2 catches for 72 yards in the preseason...He was the starter the first four games before he injured his knee on a 2 point conversion vs Green Bay last year

Ballard had 24 carris for 74 yards in the preseason last year for 3.1 ypc and 2 catches for 23 yards , Brown had 16 for 38 and 2 catches for 72 yards in the preseason...He was the starter the first four games before he injured his knee on a 2 point conversion vs Green Bay last year

I have not a single idea what you're getting at. None of those stats you provided goes against anything I said, or is really relevant to what I said. Though I do find it odd that you included Ballard's YPC for some reason, but didn't include Brown's.

He was the guy, got hurt, and Ballard came in strong and was put ahead of Brown on the depth chart coming into this year.

Wow. I wanted to watch a couple Colts earlier games this season against playoff teams and pulled out the 49er game. I love the way that Bradshaw runs the ball. His knack for findind, seeing, and/or making a hole is tremendous. Once he got into the groove after a few carries, he started running downhill and helped us take control of that game. I then put the 49er game on the left screen, and the Chiefs' game on the right screen and compared them. Sorry fellas, I might get a lot of guff, but he is the better runner in my book than Brown or Rich from what I have seen of either. Watched him during his tenure with the Giants in the past (following Eli) and love his running style. He runs "angry" and finishes his runs. All of this might be a moot point however if he is not a Colt anymore so hopefully we'll re-sign him for the paltry amount that should be required. Call it insurance, a risk, whatever you want, but that guy can carry an offense IF he can get his health in order. It is a good problem to have to decide who to keep between Ballard, Bradshaw, Brown, (killer "B's" ?) and Richardson...

Can I ask this: Why is everyone so high on Vick Ballard? I don't dislike him or anything, he had a good rookie year. But then promptly landed on IR. For all we know, he could be the Colts version of Doug Martin. Hot rookie year, potential sophomore dud (due to landing on IR so early this year, I will count next season as his sophomore campaign). In what way is he a better option  than Brown or Richardson at this point?

It's gonna be Brown & T-Rich committee next season. It worked this year, considering a lot of injuries up front, so I don't see Pagano/Pep straying away from it when we have a healthy O-Line, as well as Dwayne Allen pushing defenders around. Ballard (who will be battling for carries come OTA's and training camp), won't be nearly the focus of our running game as he was last year.

And that brings me to Ahmad Bradshaw. Does anyone truly believe we re-sign this guy? He could never stay healthy for the Giants, and therefore got a cautious 1-year deal out of Grigson. After having to pay him to hang out in the training room for 13 weeks, I seriously doubt he gets another contract.

Can I ask this: Why is everyone so high on Vick Ballard? I don't dislike him or anything, he had a good rookie year. But then promptly landed on IR. For all we know, he could be the Colts version of Doug Martin. Hot rookie year, potential sophomore dud (due to landing on IR so early this year, I will count next season as his sophomore campaign). In what way is he a better option  than Brown or Richardson at this point?

It's gonna be Brown & T-Rich committee next season. It worked this year, considering a lot of injuries up front, so I don't see Pagano/Pep straying away from it when we have a healthy O-Line, as well as Dwayne Allen pushing defenders around. Ballard (who will be battling for carries come OTA's and training camp), won't be nearly the focus of our running game as he was last year.

And that brings me to Ahmad Bradshaw. Does anyone truly believe we re-sign this guy? He could never stay healthy for the Giants, and therefore got a cautious 1-year deal out of Grigson. After having to pay him to hang out in the training room for 13 weeks, I seriously doubt he gets another contract.

Because he's good.

I would rather keep bradshaw but I know it won't happen and brown will be gone it's all business nothing personal

The business side is unpredictable to a point, yes. I do understand why Grigson signed Bradshaw though, as his ability to carry or help carry an offense is unquestionable IF he can keep himself healthy for a complete season. I just keep watching film of his running style and power, and daydream about what It'd be like with him healthy alongside of T-Rich... ahhh