Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Xavier Nixon a Jewell? The Man on Donalds run!

throwing BBZ

Nixon is more a backup if you ask me, and really disappointed last week, but looked better this week. 

He's a keeper, but I wouldn't say he's a starter or ready to start anytime soon.

I'm hoping Reitz can come back for the playoffs. 

Nixon is more a backup if you ask me, and really disappointed last week, but looked better this week. 

He's a keeper, but I wouldn't say he's a starter or ready to start anytime soon.

I'm hoping Reitz can come back for the playoffs. 

Yet he played better than Thornton has all year (possible exception last week).

I like Reitz too, while he lasts. These guys won`t start him ahead of McGlynn and iffy with a healthy Thornton, who never saw a stunt he could block. LOL

JMO.

It sure was GREAT to see some Pass blocking! Yippee!! PEPS O looked just Fine considering Grigs Men Sam&McG&TRich.

Yet he played better than Thornton has all year (possible exception last week).

I like Reitz too, while he lasts. These guys won`t start him ahead of McGlynn and iffy with a healthy Thornton, who never saw a stunt he could block. LOL

JMO.

It sure was GREAT to see some Pass blocking! Yippee!! PEPS O looked just Fine considering Grigs Men Sam&McG&TRich.

Well I mean he played in 2 games this year. I'm not going to be quick to say that he's already better than Thornton. Thornton hasn't been great though.

Nixon so far looks like a pretty good pass protector, but as far as run blocking goes...he leaves a lot to be desired. 

I was at the pool all day so I cannot say.  From last week Nixon looked fat and slow.  To hear Colts fans so positive is awesome...yet a surprise to this OL freak!

I need to get back north to analyze.....I feel Nixon has a LONGGGG way to go and needs to continue to work on technique to avoid injury...playing out of position.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

I was at the pool all day so I cannot say.  From last week Nixon looked fat and slow.  To hear Colts fans so positive is awesome...yet a surprise to this OL freak!

I need to get back north to analyze.....I feel Nixon has a LONGGGG way to go and needs to continue to work on technique to avoid injury...playing out of position.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Nixon will make a nice backup IMO. He needs to get stronger so he can run block better. He looked like he got over powered on run plays(just like our other interior lineman) but he seemed to have good footwork today was able to pass block pretty good. I'm not getting all excited like a few here have, but he does look like he could be solid enough to keep around for a while.

Well I mean he played in 2 games this year. I'm not going to be quick to say that he's already better than Thornton. Thornton hasn't been great though.

It`s funny. I bragged early on Thornton`s athleticism and quick swivel seeing what was going on around him.

The difference between his quickness/movement to McGlynn`s is laughable, tho McGlynn is no Olson. LOL 

But I have several times watched Thornton get out great on a pull to seal an end`s pursuit and Somehow WHIFF and our RB`s get caught. How?? haha!

And they just over power and blow by him  several times a game. And really, picking up a stunt, good grief. As I said, Thornton needed replace a month ago.

I didn`t see Anything bad from Nixon today. Both of our guards would be helped by a Good run blocking Center. chuckle

The line played well today and Thornton wasn`t there, Nixon was. Just giving the kid some props of course.

More pass blocking like that, Eh'?

Nixon will make a nice backup IMO. He needs to get stronger so he can run block better. He looked like he got over powered on run plays(just like our other interior lineman) but he seemed to have good footwork today was able to pass block pretty good. I'm not getting all excited like a few here have, but he does look like he could be solid enough to keep around for a while.

That s what I noticed last week Balzer. Yet there is a guy by the name of Watt that over-powers a lot of offensive linemen.....:)

To listen to a lot of you, complain ...whine..moan..the guy has filled in admirably for someone who until last week had never played or practiced an interior line position. We have won the last two games because of solid line play not despite it. Be thankful for the solid job our back ups have done and hope that our starters come back and play as well in the playoffs.

What i noticed about Nixon is that his pass pro footwork is flawless. He has really nimble feet for a big guy. He looks like he could even play some tackle but he did a great job at LG today. Thomas will be back next year at LG but if he can't stay healthy Nixon could be a starter.

I believe he was a tackle not sure though