Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian's Comments on the Bill Polian Show [Merge]

John Waylon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, you may not think so now, but he is subtly planting a seed to keep his job. At the end of the season, I can see Bill saying something like, "I have been trying to step back and let others take over. I am going to have to start managing football more day to day."

Only after kind of throwing Chris under the bus. A few weeks ago Bill was in charge of the draft. Now, Chris has the final say on all personnel decisions.

And didn't calldwell say after the Tryon comment that he has the final say as to who plays and who doesn't (meaning Jim)

Edited by FanFromtheWasteland

A bad season out of the past decade is unacceptable? Kinda harsh don't you think. I mean really look at what season tickets holders in Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, SF, Jax, Houston and others have had to put up with over the same last decade....

There is just not enough -1's to go around for your posts.

Guys, you may not think so now, but he is subtly planting a seed to keep his job. At the end of the season, I can see Bill saying something like, "I have been trying to step back and let others take over. I am going to have to start managing football more day to day."

That ain't it either.

i wish i would have seen this before i jump in. this guy is a plant. there is no chance anyone that has ever watched football would be this supportive, if they were not on someones payroll.I do not want to call out any poster, at least i am what i am good or bad but, some just like to be spoons and blindly stir the pot.

Just a fan. But a fan who understands how the Polians work given their history and the type of owner Irsay is. It seems that the fans here have a very short memory, as that the Colts under Polians leadership have done pretty darn well...

Polian has to show support unless he is going to fir caldwell mid season. Unless there is a huge turn around which i don't see happening then, Polian will have to hold someone accountable for this season and you know he will never admit to it. The things are going he is going to have to fire Caldwell to save face..

Is Polian just playing the politician, or does he truly not get it

Of course it is, on a public show. He's going to hold his cards like any owner or coach would do. Fans get no info except what they publish. If caldell is fired it will be an announcement.

I don't know if Caldwell is the answer or not, I just know given how Polian and Irsay run a franchise, that Caldwell won't be gone after this season. Is that the right call? I don't know, what I do know is that I trust Polian's decision making process on running a NFL team over anyone here on this forum.

Get this. POLIAN IS THE FREAKING PROBLEM HERE. His drafting of small players, his hireing of inept coaching, nepatism (pardon the spelling)ie Chris Polian who is a puppet olso. Take Manning out of the equation and Polian is a failure here as he was everywhere else. I believe half the folks on this forum could indeed do a better job.

I about wrecked when he said "The secondary has been doing a fine job!"

Seriously, is this man delusional?

The secondary is possibly the worst EVER assembled on a Colts roster. Polian has lost touch with reality, his ego has gotten out of hand. Irsay needs to come back to planet Earth, get off of twitter and tend to this team. Polian is running it into the ground, nepotism run amuck, nepotism is for owners NOT hired help. I have seen and heard about all I can stand from this man now, his double talk, his degrading the fans, his putting his sons into jobs that surely there is somebody else more than qualified to do it and do it better, he acts as if he can do no wrong and all of his decisions were right and we as "common folk" just cannot comprehend the nuances of the game. Mr. Irsay please clean house, the fans deserve better than this, the players deserve better, this is a complete disgrace to the city of Indianapolis. How can anyone trust this man after all he has done over the last 5 years in his total mismanagement of this team?

I may a post away from the ban list, but I truly do not care, I was one of the original posters on this board back pre-mod days having word battles with Pats fans in 2003 and '04, I complained about the same things that everone is complaining about right now, lack of team depth and balance and a horrendous defense and I took alot of heat for stating it, but I stand by it as a fan of the Colts, not a fan of the Polians or Mannings or whoever else, the franchise represents home for me and I stand by that out of pride. This GM has made his run, he has failed to build a complete team, change is needed, the philosophy has to change, the dictator like grip this GM has on the franchise is unacceptable. We need a coach who is allowed/capable of coaching professionals, a GM who knows talent and what talent is needed to address the team's weaknesses and signs that talent w/o meddling with the coaching staffs decisions on who plays where and how often. Losing Manning has exposed this organization, falling this fast based on the loss of one man is complete nonsense, we all knew it would be bad, but this is historically bad, and it shows the true job of "team building" that has taken place over the last few years. I know this falls on deaf ears, and the chances that Irsay reads this crap is pretty slim, but I do hope that the product he sees on Sunday speaks loud enough for him to hear and I pray at the end of this putrid season he puts all loyalties and past accomplishments to the side and truly evaluates what he has here and takes this team in a new direction.

I think that he is subtly trying to show that he made good decisions and Chris is the one who is now making poor decisions.

I could easily see that being what Bill is trying to say but I"d highly disagree...if anything, Chris was left with and is trying to fix the mess that Bill created.

I hope that's sugar free Kool Aid you're chugging, or you're going to give yourself diabetes.

Do the people who keep using this phrase know what it really means? I think it's really inappropriate and certainly overboard for the topic of discussion. Just because you don't think Polian is terrible and needs to be fired doesn't mean you're willing to commit suicide and their request.

Do the people who keep using this phrase know what it really means? I think it's really inappropriate and certainly overboard for the topic of discussion. Just because you don't think Polian is terrible and needs to be fired doesn't mean you're willing to commit suicide and their request.

It's not a big deal until people like you make it one......

Maybe Irsay should clean house, beginning with Polian and Caldwell.

Not being able to field a remotely complete team in over a DECADE is complete and utter fail. That falls on Polian, and Irsay for not getting rid of him. Caldwell is absolutely useless and a product of Polian/by extension Irsay's inability to field a decent team and coaching staff.

Dungy was alright, but overrated. He had the GOAT playing for him in his prime and only got to 1 SB when his "outstanding" Tampa 2 decided to DO SOMETHING for once. It's in part his fault we're still stuck with this atrocious scheme today. (Though not as much as on the CURRENT staff/Polian for not taking steps to CHANGE it)

Offense - Declining since 2006. 2002-2005 were outstanding. The only reason we won in 06' was the D came to play. For once. And at the right time to boot.

Special teams - Terrible since long before I was born. SERIOUSLY? HOW has this not been addressed in well over two decades?

Defense - Hah.

Coaching staff - Hah.

No excuses. THIS is the team Polian has created.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

Not being able to field a remotely complete team in over a DECADE is complete and utter fail. That falls on Polian, and Irsay for not getting rid of him. Caldwell is absolutely useless and a product of Polian/by extension Irsay's inability to field a decent team and coaching staff.

Dungy was alright, but overrated. He had the GOAT playing for him in his prime and only got to 1 SB when his "outstanding" Tampa 2 decided to DO SOMETHING for once. It's in part his fault we're still stuck with this atrocious scheme today. (Though not as much as on the CURRENT staff/Polian for not taking steps to CHANGE it)

I think you're overstating the problems our team has had over the years. Yeah we had weaknesses and shortcomings (every team does), but I don't think you win as many games as we did if the team was 'not remotely complete' as you say. I don't think we go 13-0 in 2005 or 14-0 in 2009 without being "complete." We were easily the best team in the NFL in those years, despite not winning the Super Bowl.

Edited by Superman