Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian's Comments on the Bill Polian Show [Merge]

John Waylon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i was a season ticket holder i would be livid,this is unacceptable.

A bad season out of the past decade is unacceptable? Kinda harsh don't you think. I mean really look at what season tickets holders in Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, SF, Jax, Houston and others have had to put up with over the same last decade....

A bad season out of the past decade is unacceptable? Kinda harsh don't you think. I mean really look at what season tickets holders in Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Buffalo, SF, Jax, Houston and others have had to put up with over the same last decade....

Do you ever post anything different or do you just post the same contradictory crap all the time?

Show me in the history of this league where a head coach has survived a 1-15 or 0-16 season!

I believe we have already debunked that statement which you keep putting up there. and by the way, with the exception of Buffalo, all those teams have problems selling tickets during their very down years..

Edited by thetigerfox

Show me in the history of this league where a head coach has survived a 1-15 or 0-16 season!

Well there was John McKay in TB

Also how many of those coaches that went 1-15 or 0-16 also had a SB appearance adn 2 divisional titles the previous season?

I believe we have already debunked that statement which you keep putting up there. and by the way, with the exception of Buffalo, all those teams have problems selling tickets during their very down years..

Well given how bad some of them have been, shouldn't the season ticket holders be almost nothing? I mean look at Cincy, a losing franchise for how long and when they moved into their new stadium they had to pay a seat licence besides the cost of the season tix, yet fans bought them. I mean the very high cost of what NFL season tix cost, why would any fan of a team like those I listed be able to sell hardly any...and yet they do. Why? Because of hope....and with the Colts, there is the hope and knowledge via it's past history they will rebound and be better next year and the following year and so on.

Well given how bad some of them have been, shouldn't the season ticket holders be almost nothing? I mean look at Cincy, a losing franchise for how long and when they moved into their new stadium they had to pay a seat licence besides the cost of the season tix, yet fans bought them. I mean the very high cost of what NFL season tix cost, why would any fan of a team like those I listed be able to sell hardly any...and yet they do. Why? Because of hope....and with the Colts, there is the hope and knowledge via it's past history they will rebound and be better next year and the following year and so on.

U keep posting the same stuff we get it Caldwell isn't the problem he's the solution. Polian will build us a dynasty and Irsay can tweet all he wants.

U keep posting the same stuff we get it Caldwell isn't the problem he's the solution. Polian will build us a dynasty and Irsay can tweet all he wants.

I don't know if Caldwell is the answer or not, I just know given how Polian and Irsay run a franchise, that Caldwell won't be gone after this season. Is that the right call? I don't know, what I do know is that I trust Polian's decision making process on running a NFL team over anyone here on this forum.

I don't know if Caldwell is the answer or not, I just know given how Polian and Irsay run a franchise, that Caldwell won't be gone after this season. Is that the right call? I don't know, what I do know is that I trust Polian's decision making process on running a NFL team over anyone here on this forum.

That's good!

What does Caldwell bring to the table at this point? A calming presence on a winless team?

Im sure the players are finally used to Tony not being around anymore so why not go a different direction? Because obviously Caldwell isn't Dungy 2.0.

I fully supported Caldwell up until about week 3 this season. At that point, it started to become very apparent that he and his staff (Metz and possibly Christensen withstanding) are not capable of putting the players in a position to win. We have holes on the D, but there is no reason, except for coaching, that we aren't at least 3-4. If he doesn't go, then Irsay has been completely brainwashed by Polians and it's not going to get much better over the course of the next few years. Last time we were this bad, Irsay cleaned house.

I don't see how anyone outside of the organization could say that JC deserves to keep his job. Of course BP is going to say he's doing a great job; he's too savvy to trash him in the media. Unless or until JC gets the axe we won't really know what he thinks.

Edited by Larry Horseman

That's not throwing them under the bus at all. Regarding Chris, he was speaking the truth. Chris is the GM. Regarding Dungy, he was complimenting Brayton.

I think that he is subtly trying to show that he made good decisions and Chris is the one who is now making poor decisions.

Now that is funny, a NFL executive with the track record that Polian has and you actually believe he does not get it?

I hope that's sugar free Kool Aid you're chugging, or you're going to give yourself diabetes.

This notion that just because he's an NFL GM that makes him untouchable is nonsense. My doctor knows more than I do about medicine and how to treat the human body. But if he gives me medication for the flu and my arm falls off I think at that point I'm qualified to point out that the medication is not doing what it's supposed to be doing, and that perhaps it's time to see another doctor.

One caller to the Polian show called and asked "if you feel the players are giving their best effort and still coming up short, don't you think it means that you don't have the right players in there playing and does that not fall back on you"?

Polian started off saying "Like Caldwell said yesterday, all of us have to bear responsibility in this, and I am not going to shirk it (those were Polian's words). He wishes Nevis was playing but said it would be a while before Nevis will be back on the field. He does feel that the defensive tackle and cornerback position depth is definitely a concern. "

My take: I am glad he took responsibility but then, did it take him this long to figure out that DT depth and CB depth was an issue?

Edited by chad72

I hope that's sugar free Kool Aid you're chugging, or you're going to give yourself diabetes.

This notion that just because he's an NFL GM that makes him untouchable is nonsense. My doctor knows more than I do about medicine and how to treat the human body. But if he gives me medication for the flu and my arm falls off I think at that point I'm qualified to point out that the medication is not doing what it's supposed to be doing, and that perhaps it's time to see another doctor.

i wish i would have seen this before i jump in. this guy is a plant. there is no chance anyone that has ever watched football would be this supportive, if they were not on someones payroll.I do not want to call out any poster, at least i am what i am good or bad but, some just like to be spoons and blindly stir the pot. Edited by LUVTHESHOE