Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Denver's loss....

sfergson727

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want zero parts of the Broncos at LOS, Mile High or in my backyard.

This guy gets it... There is no way in hell I want Peyton playing here in a comfy environmenyt. I would have ZERO problems playing him in Denver, where his passing game would be much harder to come by there rather than here. KC here or Denver there is all good to me.

This guy gets it... There is no way in hell I want Peyton playing here in a comfy environmenyt. I would have ZERO problems playing him in Denver, where his passing game would be much harder to come by there rather than here. KC here or Denver there is all good to me.

Yep, that is how I would have it.

Broncos have tie-breaker over Chiefs, so they would have to lose 1 more game for them to come here. I'd definitely have the Chiefs here and I am confident we can beat them.

Absolutely, PM is hurting. A few Mathis ankle pops and down he goes. The Broncos D is horrible. Then onto New England. Oh, we trounce them too.

Peyton Manning's toughness is beyond underrated. He's played most of the season on his bad ankle and at a very high level. It would take more than a couple of hits from Mathis to knock him out of a playoff game.

Give me a healthy Smith who is an average starter at best in this league vs. one of the all tine greats maybe having a career year even if he's a little dinged. It doesn't promise victory but it gives us a better shot.

Peyton Manning's toughness is beyond underrated. He's played most of the season on his bad ankle and at a very high level. It would take more than a couple of hits from Mathis to knock him out of a playoff game.

Give me a healthy Smith who is an average starter at best in this league vs. one of the all tine greats maybe having a career year even if he's a little dinged. It doesn't promise victory but it gives us a better shot.

The whole team gets the win. We don't play PM, we play the Broncos.

I am counting on them seeing the light. I daresay our days as a power running team may be over starting with the Texans on Sunday.

You heard it here first.

As much as this staff has disappointed me by continuing to profess confidence in both the schemes and players, their actions of late especially in beginning to make significant changes in playing time for a number of players give me hope that the rigidity of this staff is beginning to fade. A number of player changes have yielded some positive results and I think we are also to the point where the slow starts and the inability of the Colts to convert third downs may now compel the staff to change the scheme/gameplans/and playcalling. No matter what they say to the fans/press they have to know that when you go 0/6 on third downs in a half the "right" plays are not being called. It can't ALL be the players faults and indeed Pep keeps saying I have to do a better job of putting our player in a better position to have success. Pagano can return to his holy grail of a old fashion power running team with a doomsday defense next year when he has the horses up front but for now you compromise if you are smart.

I much rather face the Chiefs than the Bronco's. If we can shut down (Big IF) Jamal Charles. Alex can't beat us if we play decent. Remember the chiefs got Avery even Vaughn could handle him. I believe the chiefs might kick us at Arrowhead, then we will return the favor here at home.

sorry I have to disagree. ... Our d made Andy Dalton look like Johnny Unitas, Alex can definitely torch us

We can beat peyton again. Pressure the pocket and we have a good shot. It does does look like we're gonna play KC at LOS. The Broncos are really good but I wonder if they are like us in the past...? Putting up ungodly numbers in the regular season and blowing it once in the post??.. I hope so for us coltsnation!.. it might be the manning curse. Luck will play better in the post for sure.... Aloha.

wow such faith in our team. :facepalm:

I remember when a lot of you said we would lose to San Fran, Denver AND Seattle. heck I remember some even said we would only win 5 games this year and none of that happened and we won the division. it really does not matter how we are playing now, because come playoff time things change. Sorry but I like to feel optimistic and have faith in our Colts, regardless of how they are playing.

SPOILER ALERT ******

This is how it'll go.

#1 NE

#2 Denver

#3 Cinci

#4 Colts

#5 KC

#6 seed

Round 1:  Colts beat KC,  #6 beats Cinci

Roand 2:  Colts beat Denver, #6 beats NE

AFC Championship:  Colts hosts #6 at LOS and wins

I could see San Diego doing this as a #6, but probably not Baltimore or Miami.  It's a long shot for SD to get the #6 seed.

SPOILER ALERT ******

This is how it'll go.

#1 NE

#2 Denver

#3 Cinci

#4 Colts

#5 KC

#6 seed

Round 1:  Colts beat KC,  #6 beats Cinci

Roand 2:  Colts beat Denver, #6 beats NE

AFC Championship:  Colts hosts #6 at LOS and wins

I could see San Diego doing this as a #6, but probably not Baltimore or Miami.  It's a long shot for SD to get the #6 seed.

I wouldnt say it really is a long shot for SD to get the  6th seed, but giving the fact that KC is tied with denver, they wont sit their starters in the final week in hopes that denver loses another game unless they lose a game which could very well possibly be against Indy. and so far this year the colts are 3-1 against teams with winning records. the three wins have come against superbowl contenders. as long as SD takes care of business their last two games which are against Oakland and KC they will get that 6th seed. 

That being said, I think Miami gets the 6th seed with remaining games being against NE this weekend, Buffalo and the Jets. I think they finish at 9-7 and SD at 8-8

1) New England

2) Denver  (NE holds the tie breaker over Denver with H2H matchup)

3) Cinci

4) Indy

5) KC

6) Miami (lose to NE this weekend, beat Buffalo and Jets the last two games)

The whole team gets the win. We don't play PM, we play the Broncos.

I don't think I said that but I was responding to a debate about rather you would play Alex Smith or Peyton Manning...

As for KC or the Broncos I would rather play KC at home as I don't think they have as much talent as Denver. Again, doesn't promise a victory. 

I do not believe the Chiefs will take the lead in their division with a win Sunday because they are 1-3 and with the win, 2-3. Broncos are 4-1 with that only loss being against the Chargers. They'll only win division if the Broncos lose out and that won't happen. Although, anything is possible in the NFL so I wouldn't count that scenario out. Their offense sure didn't look #1 against the Chargers. Did anyone expect Andre Caldwell to have a big game? No. That's because the Chargers defense knew Peyton was down 1 WR, so all they did was play man coverage and the line backers doubled if they crossed. Andre caught those two TD passes because the safeties weren't aware of what Andre was capable of. Not an excue why Broncos loss but it sure did look like it.