Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't usually do the "refs cost us the game" thing...(merge)

cmgww

Im starting to wonder if home teams are paying refs......look at the patriots game and the colts too.......and many more through out the season..............but they should start to fine refs for bad calls.........bad calls can cost the game

look at last week Tripplet made an awful call against the home team in the redskins. No one is getting paid. The refs are just this bad. It's why I never bought the argument that the replacement refs were that bad the media just wanted them to be a story.

I understand what you are saying, but the ruling on the field was down by contact.  There was no clear evidence that he was not touched by Chapman either, so the ruling should have stood. 

I'm sure we will hear the NFL's explanation of this. Just not sure you are right on this. If that was not the contact that was in question , I'm not sure that because the replay showed that it could have happened there (rather than the contact he thought he saw) , the call would have to stand. 

They let Sheppard slide earlier for the same thing, you could see the ref warn him. Then Freeman decides to do the same thing later. Of all the penalties that are easy to avoid, taunting is the easiest to never commit.

Sucks that Freeman did it at that point in the game. ......don't do that.

Triplett has a track record of deplorable calls. Today's reversal on the goaline stand was inexcusable. He should be fired, period.

I though we established the taunt wasn't on Freeman? I'm confused now lol.

I'm sure we will hear the NFL's explanation of this. Just not sure you are right on this. If that was not the contact that was in question , I'm not sure that because the replay showed that it could have happened there (rather than the contact he thought he saw) , the call would have to stand. 

We probably will hear the NFL's explanation, I do think that they try to cover up for the refs some times unless it is a blatant miss-call.  JT will probably get more of black mark for the missed intentional grounding where he said the QB was out of the pocket, when Dalton took a straight drop back.

They let Sheppard slide earlier for the same thing, you could see the ref warn him. Then Freeman decides to do the same thing later. Of all the penalties that are easy to avoid, taunting is the easiest to never commit.

Sucks that Freeman did it at that point in the game. ......don't do that.

Triplett has a track record of deplorable calls. Today's reversal on the goaline stand was inexcusable. He should be fired, period.

The taunt call was not on Freeman. It was on sheppard.

Colts have been getting the bad end of the stick all year with the officiating . It has to be getting in our CB's heads they even breath out a receiver and it's PI so much holding against our Off by there D line today it was inexcusable that it never got called . Still I saw a lot of positive from the team today the played hard T Rick was running with steam D Rogers and Brazil showed can be play makers once Luck really gets that cadence down they will be dangerous weapons . We also put of 24 in a half of ball against a really good D if we can start out hot we can grind out a win against anyone .

Well, if that touchdown doesn't stand, then in the 3rd we are tied. I'd say we that changes the game. Yes we were beat by 14, but who knows what happens if the right calll is made and we get that big stop.

To many people assume that everything would have remained the same. I don't believe that.

Colts have been getting the bad end of the stick all year with the officiating . It has to be getting in our CB's heads they even breath out a receiver and it's PI so much holding against our Off by there D line today it was inexcusable that it never got called . Still I saw a lot of positive from the team today the played hard T Rick was running with steam D Rogers and Brazil showed can be play makers once Luck really gets that cadence down they will be dangerous weapons . We also put of 24 in a half of ball against a really good D if we can start out hot we can grind out a win against anyone .

They have an agenda to follow. Did you watch the NFL Network before the season? We were supposed to be 7-9 or 8-8 and that isn't happening so they have to make those games up elsewhere. 

Look no further than the Patriots game and Ravens game today. They clearly only won because of the refs and now they're the lead story. Funny how that works. It's all about money and who brings the largest audience.

I though we established the taunt wasn't on Freeman? I'm confused now lol.

Sorry. I pointed out that it was Sheppard who almost got called for it earlier and then typo'd Freeman's name in after reading it in the OP.

Sheppard taunted a player earlier and the ref warned him about it.....apparently he didn't choose to listen. 

We probably will hear the NFL's explanation, I do think that they try to cover up for the refs some times unless it is a blatant miss-call.  JT will probably get more of black mark for the missed intentional grounding where he said the QB was out of the pocket, when Dalton took a straight drop back.

That was no doubt was absolutely ridiculous

Before the panthers/saints game, they are talking about all the bad officiating today ( Colts & Browns). They are talking about removing the replay option for the refs on the field and having some guys in a different building look it over and make the call. Not sure if this will be good or bad but well see if it sparks enough attention to make any changes.

Before the panthers/saints game, they are talking about all the bad officiating today ( Colts & Browns). They are talking about removing the replay option for the refs on the field and having some guys in a different building look it over and make the call. Not sure if this will be good or bad but well see if it sparks enough attention to make any changes.

I am pretty sure that all replays for the NHL are handled in the league office in Toronto although I am not sure why that would be necessary for the NFL.

They need to understand why the call was reversed. Are they getting all the replays for the ref to see? If the only thing Triplette was looking at was the goal line, why did he not see what happened in the backfield? Was that part not made available to him? It is kind of like the Luck int against Tennessee last year that was allowed to stand as a TD. We in the stadium had a clear view of a replay that showed Luck's knee was down, but the ref did not get that view.

I am just curious if this was Triplette being an * or did the mechanics of the replay process not work correctly.

Because being down 7-0 at the half versus 14-0 doesn't change anything in the game plan at all.

I'm not saying things couldn't have been different, but I personally don't think we lost because of that blown call or the erroneous missed intentional grounding on Dalton.

I'm not saying things couldn't have been different, but I personally don't think we lost because of that blown call or the erroneous missed intentional grounding on Dalton.

Or the "PI" that gave the Bengals a new set of downs and put them on the 1 (they also scored after that).  It's easy to say that poor officiating shouldn't change the outcome of the game.  But it does, all the time.  When a bad call happens it also effects a team's psyche.  It shouldn't, but we're human so it does.  We obviously don't play well angry or frustrated.

The PI called in the endzone against the Browns, for the Pats yesterday,  changed the outcome of the game as well.

We went from making a huge stop on our own 1 yard line, on a 4th down, to getting scored on and being down by 2 scores at the half.  That kind of stuff gets to your head.  It did indeed cost us the game.  We had nothing going our way, offensively and defensively, and that call didn't help either.