Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The *OFFICIAL* Colts should pick up a WR Thread

bap1331

We need someone to ease off the pressure on TY Hilton. Obviously our recievers aren't a threat and we can't put all the heavy load on Coby Fleener. If we can pick up a receiver. I think it will boost our offense. We are only weeks away from time playoffs and now is our last chance to prepare. An oline man or 2 would be nice too...

We need someone to ease off the pressure on TY Hilton. Obviously our recievers aren't a threat and we can't put all the heavy load on Coby Fleener. If we can pick up a receiver. I think it will boost our offense. We are only weeks away from time playoffs and now is our last chance to prepare. An oline man or 2 would be nice too...

And a C...and so on. We'd need an other reliable WR. sigh...pity we couldn't (didn't want?) keep Donnie Avery.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

Thanks for staying consistent Bap. And by consistent, I mean posting another completely useless & redundant thread that lacks logic and anything resembling deep thought.

1) How many "need a WR" threads are needed before the topic is beat to its official death. I would have thought we were there already but guess not.

2) There are freaking 4 weeks left in the season. The ramp up time to get anyone ready to play & be productive at this point is a useless exercise. They are far better off staying with who they have now even though that group is less than ideal.

3) Tell me, who are these difference making players? What is on the street right now is better off staying there.

Thanks for staying consistent Bap. And by consistent, I mean posting another completely useless & redundant thread that lacks logic and anything resembling deep thought.

1) How many "need a WR" threads are needed before the topic is beat to its official death. I would have thought we were there already but guess not.

2) There are freaking 4 weeks left in the season. The ramp up time to get anyone ready to play & be productive at this point is a useless exercise. They are far better off staying with who they have now even though that group is less than ideal.

3) Tell me, who are these difference making players? What is on the street right now is better off staying there.

great post.

Oh lordy. :facepalm:

I agree with you, although, I might have been a bit more relaxed when I made them.  However, #2 is the primary reason why we won't. 

I assume you're joking, after seeing how Avery played last Sunday.  He made DHB look like Jerry Rice.

Not quite. He made DHB look like Donnie Avery.

But Avery's production last year blows DHB's out of the water. The hope was that we were getting an improvement with DHB. Not even close.

I'd like either Ramses Barden or Laurent Robinson

Laurent Robinson has worked out and been evaluated by several teams this season already. No one has signed him because of his concussion issues. I'd just as soon stay away.

We worked Barden out a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't mind signing him, though I don't think he'd be ready to play at any point this year. I'd much rather keep working Rogers into the mix.

Exactly!!! It's absolutely amazing to me that anybody would think we could bring in a guy off the street with 4 weeks left in the season, and have them contribute at all. By the time any FA WR got comfortable with the playbook, the season(including the playoffs) would be over. people need to give it up, were not signing a WR at this point, it would be utterly useless.

1. Haven't seen much of them lately. I see more complaints about the oline. Mine is official, the other ones aren't.

2. 4 weeks is plenty time to prepare for the playoffs. We have 2 second year players, a rookie, and an inconsistent wr in our depth chart. That isn't gonna take us anywhere.. We need a Randy Moss or something.

3. Randy Moss, Randy Moss, oh and um Randy Moss. A guy who catches the ball everytime you throw it to him and will come to your team for a cheap price because he wants a championship.

Ignore my threads if you don't want to hear. That's what I do all the time

1. Haven't seen much of them lately. I see more complaints about the oline. Mine is official, the other ones aren't.

2. 4 weeks is plenty time to prepare for the playoffs. We have 2 second year players, a rookie, and an inconsistent wr in our depth chart. That isn't gonna take us anywhere.. We need a Randy Moss or something.

3. Randy Moss, Randy Moss, oh and um Randy Moss. A guy who catches the ball everytime you throw it to him and will come to your team for a cheap price because he wants a championship.

Ignore them??? No way - I treasure them.

For an example of why I love them, I cite your Randy Moss commentary.

Randy Moss would be cheap because he is washed up and has nothing to offer.

I gotta go with O-line in the 2nd and/or 3rd...WR only if nobody on the roster pans out (Brazill,Rogers).

Also get a WR in FA...hopefully Maclin who Grigson knows and had a hand in drafting.

And get a C and or G in FA...Mack would be a huge addition.

Grigs needs to go for QUALITY this year not quantity...just get 3 top players...those along with our returning injured should put us into 'contender' status.

it would be so awesome if Grigs would sign T.O. Ocho Cinco, & Randy Moss...

could you believe that receiver crew...

unstoppable!!!

LOL. More like nonstop trash talking... haha! T.o. would probably cry because Luck didn't pass him the ball

Is it true that Deion Branch lives in Indy? I talked with a real estate friend of my who lives in Carmel and apparently his wife is friends with a former Patriot receiver's wife, and I can't remember the name he mentioned, but I think it was Branch.

It sounds as if he is still in playing shape, and if it's true he lives in Indy, I wonder why his phone has not been ringing off the hook?

Is it true that Deion Branch lives in Indy? I talked with a real estate friend of my who lives in Carmel and apparently his wife is friends with a former Patriot receiver's wife, and I can't remember the name he mentioned, but I think it was Branch.

It sounds as if he is still in playing shape, and if it's true he lives in Indy, I wonder why his phone has not been ringing off the hook?

I thought for sure he'd get brought in after Wayne went down... Had heard rumors he was keeping himself in playing shape, wonder what the deal is with Branch, why no team who has suffered injuries to WR hasn't called him up...

We've got to invest in this position.  Either with our 2nd round pick or getting the top guy in FA.  I'd like to get Decker but I don't think he'll ever leave Denver.  But he has the talent to be a top WR2, if not a low end WR1. 

I'd like either Ramses Barden or Laurent Robinson

Barden is a Free Agent right at this moment.  I don't think Grigs has any intention of picking him up.

Well I found this

In 11 games (nine starts) with the Patriots in 2010, Branch had 48 receptions for 706 yards and five touchdowns.

In 2011, Branch had five touchdown receptions and 702 receiving yards. He became a free agent after the season and re-signed on March 22, 2012.[7]

Branch was released by the Patriots on August 31, 2012 during final cuts.[8]

On September 18, 2012, the Patriots re-signed Branch.[9]

On November 17, 2012, The New England Patriots waived Branch to make room for practice squad receiver Greg Salas.

On December 11, 2012 The New England Patriots re-signed Branch due to injuries to Julian Edelman and Donte Stallworth

So I guess that was just last year that he was on the Pats. With that said and if he has kept himself in good football shape then it is surprising that the Colts didn't at least bring him in for a workout after Wayne went down.

Well I found this

In 11 games (nine starts) with the Patriots in 2010, Branch had 48 receptions for 706 yards and five touchdowns.

In 2011, Branch had five touchdown receptions and 702 receiving yards. He became a free agent after the season and re-signed on March 22, 2012.[7]

Branch was released by the Patriots on August 31, 2012 during final cuts.[8]

On September 18, 2012, the Patriots re-signed Branch.[9]

On November 17, 2012, The New England Patriots waived Branch to make room for practice squad receiver Greg Salas.

On December 11, 2012 The New England Patriots re-signed Branch due to injuries to Julian Edelman and Donte Stallworth

So I guess that was just last year that he was on the Pats. With that said and if he has kept himself in good football shape then it is surprising that the Colts didn't at least bring him in for a workout after Wayne went down.

didn't we sign salas at some point last year