Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time again to get down with Brown

oldunclemark

I'm not the first to poi nt this out but when Tennessee comes to won..its time to get down with Donald Brown

Let the record show:

2 weeks ago.....must win game: Donald Brown 14 carries, 80 yards, 2 TDs vs. Tennessee

2011......we were 0-13......Donald Brown 16 carries, 161 yards and a TD vs. Tennessee..we win

2010....had to win the final 4 to make the playoffs

....14 carries...129 yards (12-19-10) vs. Jacksonville...which is near Tennessee...

.......It s time to make a 'Brown payment' on another key late win..

I'm not the first to poi nt this out but when Tennessee comes to town..its time to get down with Donald Brown

Let the record show:

2 weeks ago.....must win game: Donald Brown 14 carries, 80 yards, 2 TDs vs. Tennessee

2011......we were 0-13......Donald Brown 16 carries, 161 yards and a TD vs. Tennessee..we win

2010....had to win the final 4 to make the playoffs

....14 carries...129 yards (12-19-10) vs. Jacksonville...which is near Tennessee...

.......It s time to make a 'Brown payment' on another key late win..

:thmup:

I still say we ride Trent Richardson, if it doesn't work, then we go to Brown, but stick with Richardson

that's probably what we will do. But it really sucks when you know that Trent richardson is your starter. I just hope T rich does something really stupid to get him pulled out of the game early so brown can come in.

I have watched T-Rich play football since youth league in Pensacola, then in HS at Escambia HS, then watched all games played at Alabama, Remember last year he played half of the season with 3 cracked ribs I don't know of a lot of RB'S that could or would have done the same thing. I promise you he is a beast, I know he has had a tough go this year, but through his whole career the more he touches the ball the better he gets, also the Colts are not using his receiving capability out in the flats. Hang in there T-Rich will make Indy proud.

I have watched T-Rich play football since youth league in Pensacola, then in HS at Escambia HS, then watched all games played at Alabama, Remember last year he played half of the season with 3 cracked ribs I don't know of a lot of RB'S that could or would have done the same thing. I promise you he is a beast, I know he has had a tough go this year, but through his whole career the more he touches the ball the better he gets, also the Colts are not using his receiving capability out in the flats. Hang in there T-Rich will make Indy proud.

Well, i'm going to hold my breathe on that, i might passout over my keyboards.

Being in Georgia, I don't get to see many Colts games, but they don't seem to run many screens or draws which I always thought was a tactic to take to slow down a pass rush.  Then maybe Trent would have a couple of yards to move in we he has the ball.  I like Donald Brown, and he definitely has take advantage of some slim holes the line has opened up for him.  Unfortunately, I don't even see the slim holes when Trent has the ball.

Am I missing something?

Being in Georgia, I don't get to see many Colts games, but they don't seem to run many screens or draws which I always thought was a tactic to take to slow down a pass rush.  Then maybe Trent would have a couple of yards to move in we he has the ball.  I like Donald Brown, and he definitely has take advantage of some slim holes the line has opened up for him.  Unfortunately, I don't even see the slim holes when Trent has the ball.

Am I missing something?

Yes, that Trent is slower to those small holes. I don't blame TRich for getting nailed short of the Line of scrimmage, as any RB running behind this line is going to suffer that, but he hasn't made the most of his opportunities when they have presented themselves either.

trent had huge holes to run threw in college having a big time line he never had to learn how to make plays happen when the lline breaks down.

No need to bench Trent...Just make sure Brown gets `10-15 touches

I dont think I need to say that we can miss the playoffs entirely if we lose this Sunday..

One win punches our ticket to the post-season...

Just give DB a chance to do what he's doNE before late in the year for us...

...We can give trent 20 carries a game after we win this Sunday

I just have that image of Donald Brown stepping into the end zone twice just 2 weeks ago,...

..at least play-fake to him and go downfield....The Titans respect him

..and we better respect the Titans run game early as well. Johnson almost beat us single handed ly in the first quarter.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I wonder if they've seriously considered  using Richardson as the fullback in front  of Brown or both in a old school pro-set

One guy thought it would be a good idea, and then they fired him.  

..and we better respect the Titans run game early as well. Johnson almost beat us single handed ly in the first quarter.

I know the head bunt was a dirty move and I don't like it anymore than anyone else but no question it got Walden fired up last time and he was a beast after that and I thought a major factor in our defense after that point.  Now I don't want the head bunt incident to happen again (but the Colts better beware the Titans are going to be out to make the Colts lose their cool again so they better be ready for that) but I think we need a similar effort from Walden on Sunday.  If we get that I think our defense will do pretty well vs. Johnson. 

I hear you....this is an absolute must win for tennessee or their season is over

They have too many conference losses to make the playoffs at 9-7..and a loss Sunday makes them 5-7.

They will sell out to win

Guest TeamLoloJones

The power guy and the speed guy in the same backfield.

Both can catch..and neither fumbles....

......maybe I'm missing something here...

Using them both in the backfield is a great idea, but using TRich in a traditional fullback roll is a horrible idea.

Using them both in the backfield is a great idea, but using TRich in a traditional fullback roll is a horrible idea.

True.....Trent has never (to my knowledge) been a lead blocker..

but maybe I (and I admit, this is pure 1980s) but you can use the old Pro-set where you can pitch out either way, run in between the tackles or sweep with one leading the other...

Maybe a 'pistol' version of the pro set.....which also allows the option  of 2 blocking backs on  deep pass plays..

..In the "I' the fullback telegraphs where the play is going...right?

In the pro-set with two backs who can gain.....there is more deception

I wonder exactly what Pep used at Stanford

Guest TeamLoloJones

True.....Trent has never (to my knowledge) been a lead blocker..

but maybe I (and I admit, this is pure 1980s) but you can use the old Pro-set where you can pitch out either way, run in between the tackles or sweep with one leading the other...

Maybe a 'pistol' version of the pro set.....which also allows the option  of 2 blocking backs on  deep pass plays..

..In the "I' the fullback telegraphs where the play is going...right?

In the pro-set with two backs who can gain.....there is more deception

I wonder exactly what Pep used at Stanford

Pep used a fullback almost all of the time.  He used a fullback just like we use Havili.  I like the idea of mixing it up in the backfield like you say, I'm just saying using Trent as a run blocker will not work.  I think we need to get Havili more and more involed, he's really turning into a pretty studly all around fullback.

Although I have never previously been a huge fan of Brown, he is quickly winning me over. I think it makes much more sense having him as our lead back with Richardson spelling him when needed. Brown seems to be running with far more confidence and aggression than ever before. It looks like he really wants it. I hope he continues this play for the foreseeable future and that he can be a key cog of this team going forward. More Donald is a good thing!

Pep used a fullback almost all of the time.  He used a fullback just like we use Havili.  I like the idea of mixing it up in the backfield like you say, I'm just saying using Trent as a run blocker will not work.  I think we need to get Havili more and more involed, he's really turning into a pretty studly all around fullback.

The I-formation is great..If you have a great line....

....To me, there a difference between lead blocker (which is what havili does) and simply blocking on a power sweep where you run out ahead of the play..outside the tackle

Brown has no experince as a lead blocker either.....I agree...neither is an I-fullback like Havili

.......but the Pro-set is versatile...I just want to get away from double teaming the noseman, running off tackle...and wondering why we starve for yards

We can pitch out and run misdirection....

Guest TeamLoloJones

The I-formation is great..If you have a great line....

....To me, there a difference between lead blocker (which is what havili does) and simply blocking on a power sweep where you run out ahead of the play..outside the tackle

Brown has no experince as a lead blocker either.....I agree...neither is an I-fullback like Havili

.......but the Pro-set is versatile...I just want to get away from double teaming the noseman, running off tackle...and wondering why we starve for yards

We can pitch out and run misdirection....

I actually agree with everything you said.  I though you meant plug TRich in as Havili and go.  We need to get TRich and Brown on the field together, and try and confuse the defense.  Line TRich at WR and run sweeps, a couple of LSU style back pitches.  Shake it up.  Oh and another thing bench DHB.  (off subject but I feel the need to say it in every thread today)

After a careful examination of the facts I say to all Richardson stinks and Downtown Donald Brown must lead the way. The announcers made the dumb comment yesterday that Richardson will be the back once he learns the offense. "Learn the offense"? What does the inability to see and pick a hole and not fall down when touched got to do with learning anything? Brown runs FORWARD and that is how you win games. All the jabber about the Colts having a running game despite our talented QB means you need guys that can move-the-ball-forward. Don't fix what ain't broke. If it works, leave it alone.