Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG III On His Last "Leg" As A Player?

King Colt

Bob3's biggest problem is his enormous and undeserved ego. He bought into all the nonsense that was being slung around about him last season when he really didn't do anything impressive at all. the majority of his passes were screens and dump offs and then his receivers got ridiculous yardage after the catch. Morris was a much bigger factor in the skins success last yr. than Bob3.

People say Bob3 has a great deep pass, well I sure haven't seen it. I don't care how far or how fast he can throw it because he's extremely inaccurate with his throws. His side armed delivery is terrible and causes the ball to be way off target. Bob3 is who I said he was since before the draft, He's a running QB that depends on his legs for success. Problem is, he plays with the big boys now and his so called skills do not and will not translate into the NFL. He got by with it last yr. because teams weren't prepared for it, but now that they are it will never work again.

I wouldn't have so little respect for the guy if he would just shut his freaking mouth, concentrate on learning how to be a real QB, and quit making stupid commercials all the time. He decided he was a superstar before he ever accomplished anything and now he looks like d--bag because of it. He throws his teammates under the bus and never admits faults. They were talking on the radio today about his o-lineman refused to help him up last night after he got sacked or hit(which was a lot). His own teammates do not like him and are sick of his ego. Things are not looking promising for a long future for Bob3. He either learns to be a real QB and humbles himself, or he's going to be unemployed.

Bob3's biggest problem is his enormous and undeserved ego. He bought into all the nonsense that was being slung around about him last season when he really didn't do anything impressive at all. the majority of his passes were screens and dump offs and then his receivers got ridiculous yardage after the catch. Morris was a much bigger factor in the skins success last yr. than Bob3.

I agree with everything you said about RG3 and a lot of it is the same for Wilson.

People never seem to want to recognize that Russel Wilson not only has had a top 3 defense in Seattle he also has the 2nd best running back in the league.  Im not saying he wont be good but lets see what happens in two years when they cant afford the current roster. Hes a QB driving a Ferrari of a team - but he is driving it pretty well.

I agree with everything you said about RG3 and a lot of it is the same for Wilson.

People never seem to want to recognize that Russel Wilson not only has had a top 3 defense in Seattle he also has the 2nd best running back in the league.  Im not saying he wont be good but lets see what happens in two years when they cant afford the current roster. Hes a QB driving a Ferrari of a team - but he is driving it pretty well.

Finally, a voice of reason.  People seem to forget that.  Everybody annoints Wilson as the 2nd best young QB after Luck.  Wilson benefits from the #1 defense in the NFL, and the #2 running back. 

RG3 LITERALLY has the worst defense in the NFL.  look it up yourselves here:  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

Russell Wilson's defense is 2nd in PPG

Colin Kaepernick's defense is 4th in PPG

Andrew Luck's defense is 16th in PPG

RG3's defense is 31st in PPG

Griffin's defense SUCKS.  Are you guys ready for this stat??  7 out of the 11 games this season, the Redskins defense has given up 14 points or more in the 1st quarter.  Griffin and the Redskins offense has constantly been pulled out of their gameplan in order to play catch up football.  The Redskins defense gives up more points per game than any other team in the eintire NFL, except for the Vikings.

Its just fascinating is all. The Redskins are a high profile team that leveraged their entire future on one draft pick, and hes floundering. Its potentially one of the greatest blunders in the history of the draft.

Also RG3 openly said he refused to work out for Indy because he didnt want to be on a small market team and "felt bad for forcing their hand" in taking Luck. Theres no love lost there.

Hilarious if true, but I don't remember him saying that.

Weren't some scouts thrown under the bus for saying RG3 had character issues, namely being a "me" kinda guy ?

Some scouts were thrown under the his for saying the same thing about Newton, and they turned out to be true, he has moved past it no apparently but last season he was a train wreck with his behavior.

If you say a black QB has issues then you are a racist. If you say a black CB has issues then thats fine. I think it is the lack of successful black QB's in the NFL that have made people so quick to defend and want to anoint one as great.

I am not saying the black QB's are never good, I am saying that just because a QB is black doesnt mean he should be placed above criticism.

Its not racist to say Vick and RG3 have similar playing styles and will never win a Superbowl, no more then it would be racist to say that Matt Cassel and Matt Flynn both suck and are have been overrated at some point in their careers.

Nobody jumps to Peyton Hillis's defense when he sucks at his position which is predominantly black players.

If a guy is good then he is good, if he sucks then he sucks, skin color doesnt win football games or make your pass have a tighter spiral. Wilson is playing good, Luck is playing good, RG3 is not.

So any criticism or praise directed at a player I would say is on his merits and not his skin color.

Right now RG3 sucks. Maybe he will turn it around like Newton did, but I dont think so. Newton has more skills and has a huge frame that can take the hits.

Saying a defense is ranked last isnt even a real excuse. If he could sustain drives then his defense would be ranked higher by just not having to play defense so often. If you go 3 and out all the time then your defense will suck. They won't be rested and they will have more plays to defend then a team with a better offense.

Weren't some scouts thrown under the bus for saying RG3 had character issues, namely being a "me" kinda guy ?

Some scouts were thrown under the his for saying the same thing about Newton, and they turned out to be true, he has moved past it no apparently but last season he was a train wreck with his behavior.

Newton's character issues were a little more well documented and certainly manifested themselves more clearly last season than Griffin's character flaws ever have.  Right now it's apparent that Griffin is not handling the situation he's in right now overly well but most of the talk about his character right now is conjecture.  The media gaffes have been problematic but as someone who has always had a proclivity for speaking relatively freely behind a mic it's hard to tell whether Griff's attitude needs a genuine adjustment or he just needs to apply a filter until he has more time to consider his words.

We'll see where his character ultimately registers over the next season or two.  Ego is not a bad thing for a QB to have, it's really just about keeping things in perspective.  Also losing never helps anything.

Im sick of hearing the lack of talent rg3 has around him , yea he has a bad defense but he has talent on the offense. Garcon is a beast a true number 1 i been seeing him make crazy one handed catches all year bailing out rg3 on bad throws or balls thrown behind him.   he has a number one tight end in reed and a another very good tightend in fred davis still has two solid weapons in josh morgan and santana moss who is still producing in the slot.  And  a nice one 2 punch in morris and hulu . Rg3 o line is not as bad as people make it out to be and i say this as someone who watched every redskins game since i got a dvr and sunday ticket and watch all the games through out the week .  The o line is average but so is alot of qb's he has time to throw enough with the excuses he has more talent on offense than luck and still can't win games.

Im sick of hearing the lack of talent rg3 has around him , yea he has a bad defense but he has talent on the offense. Garcon is a beast a true number 1 i been seeing him make crazy one handed catches all year bailing out rg3 on bad throws or balls thrown behind him.   he has a number one tight end in reed and a another very good tightend in fred davis still has two solid weapons in josh morgan and santana moss who is still producing in the slot.  And  a nice one 2 punch in morris and hulu . Rg3 o line is not as bad as people make it out to be and i say this as someone who watched every redskins game since i got a dvr and sunday ticket and watch all the games through out the week .  The o line is average but so is alot of qb's he has time to throw enough with the excuses he has more talent on offense than luck and still can't win games.

Pretty accurate assessment by and large.  We don't really have a certifiable #2 or slot threat at WR, though, and Fred Davis has been a benchwarmer or outright inactive almost all year.  Moss was that guy in the slot for us last year but he's not been so hot this season (bad case of the drops) while Morgan struggled to get playing time for much of the season and is generally an unspectacular guy even by second banana standards.

Our offensive line is certainly better than they get credit for.  They're still not a very good pass blocking unit but much of the abuse Griffin takes is still Griffin's fault... just don't try to explain that to less astute Redskins fans.  Peyton Manning would make our offensive line look like the Denver offensive line just like how he made the Colts line look serviceable his last couple of years as you put up with the likes of Tony Ugoh.

Watching Sunday Night Football it is clear Robert Griffin III will not last long in this league. Twice he has almost hurt himself running the ball out of bounds. The first time he slipped before running into the wall... and followed that by almost hitting some gear on the sidelines.Scary to watch how wreckless he is on the field.

Giants are eating him alive in the second half.

Looks like the offensive line is breaking down. RG3 is progressing through his reads and finding the open guys. He's 18/21 for 165 yards passing and has 90 yards rushing... if anything I'd say he's the only reason the redskins havnt been blown out of this one... 

Looks like the offensive line is breaking down. RG3 is progressing through his reads and finding the open guys. He's 18/21 for 165 yards passing and has 90 yards rushing... if anything I'd say he's the only reason the redskins havnt been blown out of this one... 

I didn't mean that to sound like he's struggling I just meant like the Giants are pounding him physically, Giants have stepped up their D both in coverage and pass rush. 

I didn't mean that to sound like he's struggling I just meant like the Giants are pounding him physically, Giants have stepped up their D both in coverage and pass rush. 

Yea they definitely have.. they are outcoaching Shanahan and son in the 2nd half