Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offseason Trade Target...ANDRE JOHNSON

5toolplayer

No way, he is old and he has to big of an attitude problem if u dont throw it to him all the time,he is more of a me player than a we player.lacks effort when things go bad.

lol Andre Johnson is hardly a "me" player. He's one of the classiest players in the NFL. 

No way, he is old and he has to big of an attitude problem if u dont throw it to him all the time,he is more of a me player than a we player.lacks effort when things go bad.

You know nothing about Andre Johnson if you believe that, and aparrantly don't watch him every week

I'd rather not, but i really hope we pick up a physical receiver that goes up makes plays for the ball.  T.Y Hilton, Hopefully Reggie, 2 More receivers.  Of course at least one offensive lineman (can't wait to get Thomas back).  More playmakers on defense, our only defense right now is mathis and freeman.  It seems like only fast running backs has success in our offense, Keep that in mind.

Andre gives 110% every play that I've ever watched him play. I've never heard about him complaining except about this terrible 2013 Houston team

Because he hasnt, and he didnt even start complaining until Kubiak started playing the QB shuffle in the Raiders game. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

No.  We'd be getting duped, no matter what pick we gave up.  Anquan got a 6th rounder and he was 32 at the time.  Anquan only had 1 year 6 million left on his contract.  By contrast, AJ has 3 years left on the deal and another $39 million guaranteed.  No thanks.  Let the Texans cut him and then we'll think about signing him.

First of all we need a younger WR.  Second of all no way in the world the Texans would trade their biggest divisional rival maybe their best player.

That trade would screw a division rival.  They aren't winning a superbowl anytime soon, and they'll probably be dumping Kubiak and Schaub after this season, which means they'll be dumping some roster spots and changing personnel.  If that's the case, AJ's contract is one I'm wanting to get rid of, and anyone dumb enough to give me exactly what I want for a contract that I couldn't otherwise get rid of, hells yeah.

That trade would screw a division rival.  They aren't winning a superbowl anytime soon, and they'll probably be dumping Kubiak and Schaub after this season, which means they'll be dumping some roster spots and changing personnel.  If that's the case, AJ's contract is one I'm wanting to get rid of, and anyone dumb enough to give me exactly what I want for a contract that I couldn't otherwise get rid of, hells yeah.

They still aren't going to make the Colts better. 

Also Johnson isn't what the Colts really need at the WR spot.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have his talent but we need a young and up and coming guy not another guy like Reggie Wayne who is going to be out of the league sooner rather than later. 

They still aren't going to make the Colts better. 

Also Johnson isn't what the Colts really need at the WR spot.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have his talent but we need a young and up and coming guy not another guy like Reggie Wayne who is going to be out of the league sooner rather than later. 

Yup.  Need a young guy who's going to be around for a while.  Going to be tough to do if we're always picking in the mid-low twenties.  Not to mention no first round pick next year.

Yup.  Need a young guy who's going to be around for a while.  Going to be tough to do if we're always picking in the mid-low twenties.  Not to mention no first round pick next year.

Grigson might face a very difficult decision on draft day does he give up the 2015 first to go get a first a WR in this year's draft.  I don't think we can get the kinda of help we are going to need sitting at where we are probably going to be in the second round. 

Although, if Reggie comes back healthy they MIGHT be able to get away with one more year of not taking a WR if they can get the right free agents to replace DHB.

Not worth it, if we do go after a WR it would be Jeremy Maclin. He was the #1 WR for the Eagles and would be a good fit in the offense. Were not gonna find a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round in the draft better then Maclin. We still could draft one in the 3rd round to be the #3 WR but Maclin is the best option imo.