Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 asks coaches to stop putting his negative plays on film in front of rest of the team during meetings.

Dustin

Just an FYI... while our legitimate insider sources (i.e., not the media... guys with actual inside lines to the team) have been indicating that there have been some conflicts within the organization for much of the season (cause for concern to those of us who listen and care, for sure), this latest report is said to be 100% bunk.  So it'd probably be wise not to jump on the hate bandwagon over something that isn't true, although I know some of you are firmly affixed to it already. :)

Just an FYI... while our legitimate insider sources (i.e., not the media... guys with actual inside lines to the team) have been indicating that there have been some conflicts within the organization for much of the season (cause for concern to this of us who listen and care, for sure), this latest report is said to be 100% bunk. So it'd probably be wise not to jump on the hate bandwagon over something that isn't true, although I know some of you are firmly affixed to it already. :)

Source?

ATL updated their write up with a predictable denial from Shanahan:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000286339/article/rgiii-asked-redskins-not-to-show-his-bad-plays

Silver's been around a long time I'd assume in part because he doesn't make things up out of thin air. But there's such a feeding frenzy in DC right now I'm sure there's all sorts of stories flying around. They reaaaaally need a win on MNF or this wave of negativity will just continue. Getting to 4-7 isn't much but it would make the national media tap the brakes for a week... That 7 game win streak last year is looking like a massive fluke.

ATL updated their write up with a predictable denial from Shanahan:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000286339/article/rgiii-asked-redskins-not-to-show-his-bad-plays

Silver's been around a long time I'd assume in part because he doesn't make things up out of thin air. But there's such a feeding frenzy in DC right now I'm sure there's all sorts of stories flying around. They reaaaaally need a win on MNF or this wave of negativity will just continue. Getting to 4-7 isn't much but it would make the national media tap the brakes for a week... That 7 game win streak last year is looking like a massive fluke.

Absolutely.  Being in the DC media market right now is awful.  Tons of vitriol and rumors flying back and forth all over the place, it's really best to just tune it all out because there's no verifying most of this stuff.  People just seem to want more reasons to justify their blaming of X (X being your choice of: Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, or Robert Griffin with a side of Jim Haslett and Keith Burns).  You guys have been pretty stable during the social media era, so I'm not quite sure if you can properly imagine how mind numbingly stupid the ongoing conversations are every day.  We're quite an unreasonable bunch of fans and, as someone who generally tries to be patient, you can sometimes find yourself wondering if the fans really deserve a successful team with how they act.

Washington Post has had mostly pathetic team coverage for years.  They've had a mini-feud with Snyder and have tended to hire guys inclined to create controversy and capitalize hard on negative press.  John Keim of ESPN is one of the few beat guys who I'd characterize as rather intelligent, measured, and reasonable and he was the one who pointed out that Shanahan went WELL out of his way to talk to the media on a day he normally wouldn't to deny this.  Implication being that he'd only do that if he found the report completely and utterly ridiculous.

None of these guys are who I was talking about, though.

Just an FYI... while our legitimate insider sources (i.e., not the media... guys with actual inside lines to the team) have been indicating that there have been some conflicts within the organization for much of the season (cause for concern to those of us who listen and care, for sure), this latest report is said to be 100% bunk. So it'd probably be wise not to jump on the hate bandwagon over something that isn't true, although I know some of you are firmly affixed to it already. :)

I wouldn't put this past him.

I wouldn't put this past him.

To be honest, I wouldn't have either at this point with all of the rumored shenanigans.  Again, if this wasn't immediately debunked by sources I trust implicitly when it comes to this kind of thing I'd probably be banging my head against a wall right now.

Shh.... Don't tell anyone. But there are a lot of us who think Redskins would be in better playoff position if their backup had been playing this year.

I lack the confidence in Cousins that some people have.  He's had his moments and I think he's a quality young backup QB but we're talking about a guy who has thrown 5 interceptions in the only 4 games he's ever played.  I'm not entirely convinced he's got an NFL arm and he's shown a proclivity to be just as shaky when pressured as Griffin has this season.

We may actually not be much WORSE with Cousins starting but I have a hard time believing we'd be any better.