Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Official: Win the next two, win the Division

bavanlan

We're shooting for the bye week at this point. Denver or KC will probably get one. We're in the hunt for the other one. Every game is big, the Bengals and KC games are huge.

yeah if we can win 5 of our last 6 and New England loses one or two down the stretch (which they have two tough games, one tonight against a hot carolina team and denver next weekend)  then we would get the 2nd seed. just sucks that both the cinci and KC games are on the road lol. 

I doubt we get the #2 seed. Chiefs, Broncos, or Patriots will have that. Just win the division.

Why?  Yes, either the Chiefs or Broncos will most likely get one.  We're one game behind the Pats for the other one and they have a tough game coming up.

Yes, I know we should only be thinking about the Cardinals.  But, in a game of 'what if', we are in good shape.

Why? Yes, either the Chiefs or Broncos will most likely get one. We're one game behind the Pats for the other one and they have a tough game coming up.

Yes, I know we should only be thinking about the Cardinals. But, in a game of 'what if', we are in good shape.

We're just way too inconsistent for me. I could be wrong & we get the #2 but I can't see it happening

All these slow starts to games & good Colts/bad Colts is gonna hurt us in the long run. We can't keep waiting until the other team goes up by double digits to decide we finally wanna show up.

I doubt we get the #2 seed. Chiefs, Broncos, or Patriots will have that. Just win the division.

okay wait, Chiefs broncos or pats will have the # 2 seed? 

Chiefs or Broncos can only have the # 1 Seed

Pats would only get the 2nd seed but with tough games against Carolina who is very hot right now and looking at winning their division being only a game behind New Orleans with two against them remaining ( they play new england tonight) and next weekend the pats facing the Broncos (who are looking to win their division. ) 

Colts have Cinci and KC as their " toughest opponents " remaining but their division games can not be over looked of course.

if the Pats lose tomorrow night against carolina and lose to denver and the colts can win 5 of their last 6 games the colts would end up with the # 2 seed based off of strength of schedule. 

We're just way too inconsistent for me. I could be wrong & we get the #2 but I can't see it happening

All these slow starts to games & good Colts/bad Colts is gonna hurt us in the long run. We can't keep waiting until the other team goes up by double digits to decide we finally wanna show up.

Yes, we are schizophrenic. Some Who think we have Quadrephenia. But you're too young to get that reference.

Look at it this way - what team in the AFC is consistent? And what team does everyone think is the best in the AFC? And who beat them?

Before the season started I jokingly said we'd beat the Broncos in Indy and lose to the in Denver in the AFC Championship game. That may come true. And if Peyton gets another ring, I won't feel too bad about losing that game.

Yes, we are schizophrenic. Some Who think we have Quadrephenia. But you're too young to get that reference.

Look at it this way - what team in the AFC is consistent? And what team does everyone think is the best in the AFC? And who beat them?

Before the season started I jokingly said we'd beat the Broncos in Indy and lose to the in Denver in the AFC Championship game. That may come true. And if Peyton gets another ring, I won't feel too bad about losing that game.

I just can't picture us going 4-2 or better over these last 6 games. But if I'm wrong, then that'll be one of the few times in life someone should enjoy being wrong

okay wait, Chiefs broncos or pats will have the # 2 seed? 

Chiefs or Broncos can only have the # 1 Seed

Pats would only get the 2nd seed but with tough games against Carolina who is very hot right now and looking at winning their division being only a game behind New Orleans with two against them remaining ( they play new england tonight) and next weekend the pats facing the Broncos (who are looking to win their division. ) 

Colts have Cinci and KC as their " toughest opponents " remaining but their division games can not be over looked of course.

if the Pats lose tomorrow night against carolina and lose to denver and the colts can win 5 of their last 6 games the colts would end up with the # 2 seed based off of strength of schedule. 

Similarly, if the Pats win tomorrow night, the Colts will have the tiebreaker (conference wins) over them, meaning if the Pats lose the next week against Denver, the Colts will have the second seed.

Part of me is upset that the Texans and Jags both lost today. Neither is going to win the division or make the playoffs. Don't we want them to keep winning so that they don't have such high picks in the draft? Right now, the Texans are in a position to have a top 5 pick. Meanwhile, the Jags will most likely get the top pick.

Part of me is upset that the Texans and Jags both lost today. Neither is going to win the division or make the playoffs. Don't we want them to keep winning so that they don't have such high picks in the draft? Right now, the Texans are in a position to have a top 5 pick. Meanwhile, the Jags will most likely get the top pick.

Watt and Clowney on the same team?

Oh Lord..

Clowney is too small to play DE in the NFL.

And it doesn't matter who anyone in our division drafts. We're dominating the next decade. Once we make 1 or 2 more offensive line moves and a few pieces here and there, the AFC South will belong to the Colts like it did in the Peyton Manning era

Rams are actually pretty solid...mostly on defense, but they're not horrible (though that still doesn't justify losing by 30 to them).

And, I do think it matters who others in the division draft. If it's a quality defensive player, for instance, our offensive line will have even more trouble than they're having now. There's no guarantee a top 5 will be awesome, but the farther down the opposition is in the draft, the better for us if we're thinking about the future. We have a lot of needs. A few pieces might not be enough. Look at all the moves we made in the offseason. Most were average-substandard at best. We might have to make up for that.

Clowney is too small to play DE in the NFL.

And it doesn't matter who anyone in our division drafts. We're dominating the next decade. Once we make 1 or 2 more offensive line moves and a few pieces here and there, the AFC South will belong to the Colts like it did in the Peyton Manning era

How is a 6'6" 274 too small to play DE?

We're shooting for the bye week at this point. Denver or KC will probably get one. We're in the hunt for the other one. Every game is big, the Bengals and KC games are huge.

We need Den to win against the chefs, then beat kc when we play them, then hope they both lose 1 more somewhere along the line.

Yes, I know we should only be thinking about the Cardinals.  But, in a game of 'what if', we are in good shape.

Fans can think about whatever they want, yes, it's OK to look ahead. That's part of the fun of being a fan. The players? That's a different story. To look ahead is suicide.

Were in the worst division in the league 8 wins will win the division. I expect us to go 10-6 and end up with the 3rd seed.

I hope you're wrong, and I would like to see at least a 2nd seed. Could happen now that the Chefs have lost, and we have to play them. Still 6 weeks to go, we'll see.