Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

Godeepreggie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope he doesn't have a great game and our staff cuts him to put him on the PS for some loser then another team scoops him up I would be *

:facepalm:

Lawrence Guy & Caesar Rayford references. And us cutting these "great players" have landed them where?

One is unemployed & the other is on a team that's below .500

i don't understand why he didn't play..the coach said he already knows the offense

Can't just throw him out there in a game that meant alot like last night's game. But I'm sure he'll play next week if they can fit him in the 46 active limit.

I expect Greg Toler to be back so it's gonna be difficult to figure out where you can put Rogers in at

DR was a healthy scratch last night, he simply has not had enough snaps with the first string O.     But, the Colts are not playing here ...    they are looking for a second WR.  

DHB is done IMO,  Brazil has shown nothing, and Griff is who he is ...     adequate.      

This could be a HUGE opportunity for DaLegend to re write his opening paragraph on his story.    He will get the shot IF HE deserves it in practice.    Track record says he will fail.    Let's hope he has been humbled on his journey and finally a "light" clicks in his brain and he decides he WANTS to be an NFL WR?   He has the ability.

The talent is there but every report on this guy screams lazy, entitled, arrogant, and just not a self driven individual.

I personally expect INDY brings in a WR off the street in the next few days.

Will he get a shot or was this just a move to motivate the other recievers and to quiet down the fans after the Rams loss? It made no sense to bring him up and have him as an inactive he could have done that from the practice squad!

DR was a healthy scratch last night, he simply has not had enough snaps with the first string O. But, the Colts are not playing here ... they are looking for a second WR.

DHB is done IMO, Brazil has shown nothing, and Griff is who he is ... adequate.

This could be a HUGE opportunity for DaLegend to re write his opening paragraph on his story. He will get the shot IF HE deserves it in practice. Track record says he will fail. Let's hope he has been humbled on his journey and finally a "light" clicks in his brain and he decides he WANTS to be an NFL WR? He has the ability.

The talent is there but every report on this guy screams lazy, entitled, arrogant, and just not a self driven individual.

I personally expect INDY brings in a WR off the street in the next few days.

Off the street? What WR is available?

He will get a shot. I think that Luck, and the coaches are probably starting to see that DHB is who he is--a guy with so much potential who will not reach his full potential. I see DHBs playing time decreasing, opening a window for Rodgers.

yea dbh a big widereciver bust

He is NOT ready to play in an NFL game...     He was a "healthy" scratch.      Inactive because the staff felt the others would help more.  

DR has a LONG way to go in maturity before he is an NFL WR.    Talent is only half the battle.

But Indy is hurting at WR...  he has a remarkable opportunity in front of him, Brazil also...     Someone NEEDS to step up.

i don't understand why he didn't play..the coach said he already knows the offense

Good question, but if non of these guys...   Brazil, Griff, DaR, and even DHB step up then INDY has got to make a move.

This WR corp has went straight down the drain since Reggie was injured.   TY cannot do it alone.   

Massive opportunity for some young guy here. ....  ???

I would give Chad Johnson a sniff before pissing with DHB any longer

Off the street? What WR is available?

I believe that Guy can play but maybe Im issing something because he has all of 7 tackles through 5 games and a pass defensed

He's anchoring the line very well and is getting pressure at a very respectable rate. Not to mention his blocked field goal and tipped pass that resulted in an INT.

He would have been a valuable depth guy for us. 

It's mostly special teams where he's making his mark. Maybe fantastic was an overstatement, but he's doing very well at what they ask of him.

He's anchoring the line very well and is getting pressure at a very respectable rate. Not to mention his blocked field goal and tipped pass that resulted in an INT.

He would have been a valuable depth guy for us. 

True, as ya can see I have not watched any Charger games this year with the exception of when we played them, I wanted to keep Guy over Mathews who has done very little this year at all, Actually keeping Mookie would have been better choice then Matthews, He is actually have a pretty decne year with 15 tackles and 3 sacks with the Titans in only 5 starts

Good question, but if non of these guys... Brazil, Griff, DaR, and even DHB step up then INDY has got to make a move.

This WR corp has went straight down the drain since Reggie was injured. TY cannot do it alone.

Massive opportunity for some young guy here. .... ???

I would give Chad Johnson a sniff before pissing with DHB any longer

Chad Johnson? Nooo, he's still depressed over losing Evelyn haha

True, as ya can see I have not watched any Charger games this year with the exception of when we played them, I wanted to keep Guy over Mathews who has done very little this year at all, Actually keeping Mookie would have been better choice then Matthews, He is actually have a pretty decne year with 15 tackles and 3 sacks with the Titans in only 5 starts

Yeah luckily Moala has been decent when he has had to fill in so there wasn't a huge dropoff when RJF got injured.

Yeah luckily Moala has been decent when he has had to fill in so there wasn't a huge dropoff when RJF got injured.

I was actually hoping Moala would be a starter this year with it being this being his 2nd year in the system, He has arguably been as good as Francois and slightly more productive in 6 less starts

I agree why bother bring him up from the PS if your not going to play him that stupid and I just saw that Walden could get suspended for that head butt serves him right if he does there is no room for that in sports. but Walker better get fined for throwing that punch too if one guy gets punished and the other guy does not then there is no point cause then they are playing favorites.

Will he get a shot or was this just a move to motivate the other recievers and to quiet down the fans after the Rams loss? It made no sense to bring him up and have him as an inactive he could have done that from the practice squad!

If he is not ready to play dont activate to the 53 man roster it is pointless to do that period

I'm a long time (10 years) Tennessee Volunteers fan and and Indianapolis colts fan will be attending my first Colts game tonight in Nashville. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

That said, I'd like to take a moment to speak on Da'Rick Rogers.

During my time watching Rogers as a Vol fan, it was immediately known when he made his commitment to the Vols as a high school kid that he would be a huge playmaker for the Vols. He was tall, strong, fast, and known to have great hands. A 5* star player, we knew this kid would be special. As a freshmen, while showing glimpses of greatness, his PT was minimized due to a deep WR group consisting of 2 seniors, as well as the incredibly talented freshman Justin Hunter. Of course, Hunter was drafted in the 1st round to tonight's opponent. He is an incredible talent, highly intelligent... Yet Rogers is equally as talented.

And this fact has been overshadowed by his "knucklehead" status. The fact is this, the guy smoked pot during his first 2 years of college. I did it, many successful people have. While doing so, he was arguably the best WR in the SEC during his true sophomore season. He was not a RS.

We've all seen the statline of his sophomore season. Is phenomenal. What goes unnoticed was who his QB was: Matt Simms. While a backup in the NFL, this guy was a bum while at UT. Highly due to coaching and a subpar environment, he was still one of the worst QBs in the SEC at the time. Yet Da'Rick shined like a diamond in a sea of coal.

My point is this, Da'Rick is an absolute beast. He can beat you with speed, strength, route running, and with his hands. And he can do it on a. Insistent base. His maturity issues bothered the Bills, because they lacked the leadership to correct this problem. We don't have this issue. It was evident from his interview as well as the fact that he was running with the 1st team offense that he is everything I've said he is. Da'Rick is going to be the next great receiver for the Colts, along with Hilton. We've truly come across an absolute gem.

Go Colts

I'm a long time (10 years) Tennessee Volunteers fan and and Indianapolis colts fan will be attending my first Colts game tonight in Nashville. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

That said, I'd like to take a moment to speak on Da'Rick Rogers.

During my time watching Rogers as a Vol fan, it was immediately known when he made his commitment to the Vols as a high school kid that he would be a huge playmaker for the Vols. He was tall, strong, fast, and known to have great hands. A 5* star player, we knew this kid would be special. As a freshmen, while showing glimpses of greatness, his PT was minimized due to a deep WR group consisting of 2 seniors, as well as the incredibly talented freshman Justin Hunter. Of course, Hunter was drafted in the 1st round to tonight's opponent. He is an incredible talent, highly intelligent... Yet Rogers is equally as talented.

And this fact has been overshadowed by his "knucklehead" status. The fact is this, the guy smoked pot during his first 2 years of college. I did it, many successful people have. While doing so, he was arguably the best WR in the SEC during his true sophomore season. He was not a RS.

We've all seen the statline of his sophomore season. Is phenomenal. What goes unnoticed was who his QB was: Matt Simms. While a backup in the NFL, this guy was a bum while at UT. Highly due to coaching and a subpar environment, he was still one of the worst QBs in the SEC at the time. Yet Da'Rick shined like a diamond in a sea of coal.

My point is this, Da'Rick is an absolute beast. He can beat you with speed, strength, route running, and with his hands. And he can do it on a. Insistent base. His maturity issues bothered the Bills, because they lacked the leadership to correct this problem. We don't have this issue. It was evident from his interview as well as the fact that he was running with the 1st team offense that he is everything I've said he is. Da'Rick is going to be the next great receiver for the Colts, along with Hilton. We've truly come across an absolute gem.

Go Colts

Sure hope you're right my man!