Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Mark Sanchez The Worst Starting Qb In The Nfl?

hockey878

I guess I'm in the minority here. Obviously Sanchez has struggled, but it's mostly a consistency issue I think. He has, at times, looked good, and made some good throws. And that Ravens game was brutal... I've rarely seen a QB take a beating like that for 60 minutes.

When I look at QBs and their teams, I try to keep in mind that the goal of playing football is to win games. Granted Sanchez has a very good defense, but since he came into the league, he's been a winner. He's also played very well in the post season... not so much that he's won them games, but he hasn't lost games for them either.

I think the Jets made some bad offseason moves. Braylon Edwards wasn't the most productive guy, but he was a good fit for NY, and they probably should have gone a little further than they did to keep him. Plaxico is doing about as well as I thought he would after missing two full years... he wasn't the fastest receiver to begin with, or the best route runner. They also lack depth on the O-line and if they lose Mangold or Ferguson for any length of time, they're pretty screwed.

I was in the minority as well. I didn't think Sanchez was the type of QB to carry a team, but I thought the Jets could win with him given their defense and ground game. In the last 2 AFCCGs, he gave the Colts fits for a half, and last year, almost helped a comeback in Pittsburgh.

I was in the minority as well. I didn't think Sanchez was the type of QB to carry a team, but I thought the Jets could win with him given their defense and ground game. In the last 2 AFCCGs, he gave the Colts fits for a half, and last year, almost helped a comeback in Pittsburgh.

Thing is he can make plays that hurt you. That defines a good QB. Now can he make a lot of them... more than the bad plays....I dunno....but he's a 1st round just in his 3rd year so..........

Never mind. I see what you were getting at now. If they had picked up that first down, AV's last FG would have been the game winner without giving it back to the Jets. Duh. It's been a long day.

Why doesn't the post editor work? I tried to edit my previous post instead of double posting, but it gave me an error every time I tried to save the changes.

tebow

13 yards passing through 55 minutes isn't going to cut it in this league, win, lose, or draw.

That was awful. Steve Wonder is glad he's blind right now because he didn't have to see any of that mess transpire today... Worst game of all time, bar none.

Against possibly the worst defense in football, he's very fortunate that the Dolphins are really in it to lose it.

Kyle Boller is only a starter this week. The actual worst starting QB's are:

Tim Tebow

Christian Ponder (even though he looks pretty good right now)

Tavaris Jackson

Mark Sanchez

John Beck

Matt Moore

So why is Christian Ponder one of the worst? I'd like a good explanation. The guy's a rookie who just made his first NFL start vs. the Packers and did pretty darn well.

So why is Christian Ponder one of the worst? I'd like a good explanation. The guy's a rookie who just made his first NFL start vs. the Packers and did pretty darn well.

To be fair, I would've agreed with him before the game today.  Shocking how much better he was then McNabb.

Lets not leave out Kevin Klob.  He can't get it done with one of the best Wrs in the game.  Blaine Gabbert QBs the worst passing offense in the league.  Possibly Colt McCoy.  Lots of competition at the bottom.

Edited by Gonzo

The Bolts, sadly, continue to beat themselves. They have continually stepped all over their own jock all season long. Our defense could not get any pressure on Sanchez, but when they managed to hurry him, he did nothing. Like any decent QB, given time, Sanchez does okay. My Bolts just couldn't get out of their own way in the second half and played stupid. It is a sad day down here in San Diego.

The Bolts, sadly, continue to beat themselves. They have continually stepped all over their own jock all season long. Our defense could not get any pressure on Sanchez, but when they managed to hurry him, he did nothing. Like any decent QB, given time, Sanchez does okay. My Bolts just couldn't get out of their own way in the second half and played stupid. It is a sad day down here in San Diego.

That last drive... you must have been chucking stuff at your TV. Watching the amount of time they wasted was frustrating. (I was, of course, pulling for a Chargers win there.) Nice completion to Gates, then a pair of three-yard dump offs? They would have been better off with incompletions.

Today is precisely why rivers isn't an elite QB. He's just a cog in the wheel. A good cog, but a replaceable cog. Elite QB's run their offense, not the plays. When rivers tried to run the offense today, it was like something straight out of "The Benny Hill Show". But at least you guys had to do it out of necessity. We had our QB do the exact same thing by choice last night.

How many QB's are you taking Ponder over? Doesn't matter if he's a rook or not if he's starting. And I posted that sometime in the 1st or 2nd quarter.

Today is precisely why rivers isn't an elite QB. He's just a cog in the wheel. A good cog, but a replaceable cog. Elite QB's run their offense, not the plays. When rivers tried to run the offense today, it was like something straight out of "The Benny Hill Show". But at least you guys had to do it out of necessity. We had our QB do the exact same thing by choice last night.

fail. Rivers is top 5 QB in the NFL. no questions about it.

just because his team sucks, doesn't say anything.

fail. Rivers is top 5 QB in the NFL. no questions about it.

just because his team sucks, doesn't say anything.

Lol yeah, his team was the one trying to call signals and set up a formation with no idea what they were doing.... His team was the one who kept throwing short underneath passes when they needed big yards and fast. His team was the one who threw the ball away on 4th down that lost the game. Yessir, it was his team. Had nothing at all to do with him...

Go troll elsewhere...

i love rivers, no doubt

but i will say, as inconsistent as sanchez is, he's clutch in the playoffs when i watch him

i'd love to see how he'd play on a team whose oline is built for pass protection and not a team where it's a rushing smashmouth offense

that would be interesting