Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Mark Sanchez The Worst Starting Qb In The Nfl?

hockey878

Sanchez is not the worst but he is definitely average at most. He has many pedestrian qualities about him and his team still wins games, unlike my Colts who need a HOF QB to win games, pathetic. Jets been to two straight AFC championship games with a sub-par QB.

There are also other teams in NFL that are winning games with average QB's.

Painter has started 3 games and is going to "start" the rest of the season... hence starter.. and in the ranks of the lesser.

The thread is intended to be about first string quarterbacks,, not backups that are only playing because the STARTER is out.

We draft Luck and trade him to the Jets for Revis and Holmes. Wishful thinking but wouldn't that be a sweet trade?!

that would put us way over the cap...

We get 1st pick and trade it to Miami for This years 1st rd, 2nd round, and 3rd round, next years 1st round and the year after's first round. That way when he busts we get 2 more #1 picks.

Edited by SilentHill

Your arguing semantics for no reason, Painter is the starter, and he sucks a bit more than Sanchez. If we follow your logic, then Collins is really the front runner.

I don't know... I think Painter is still better than Sanchez....

It's kind of hard to be worse than that guy.

Edited by Mouthfire

Well, now that Grossman has been benched in favor of Beck, that invalidates my first post, so instead, I choose...

Mark Sanchez... Plus I hate all those photos of him online posing without his shirt.

Edited by ReMeDy

I guess I'm in the minority here. Obviously Sanchez has struggled, but it's mostly a consistency issue I think. He has, at times, looked good, and made some good throws. And that Ravens game was brutal... I've rarely seen a QB take a beating like that for 60 minutes.

When I look at QBs and their teams, I try to keep in mind that the goal of playing football is to win games. Granted Sanchez has a very good defense, but since he came into the league, he's been a winner. He's also played very well in the post season... not so much that he's won them games, but he hasn't lost games for them either.

I think the Jets made some bad offseason moves. Braylon Edwards wasn't the most productive guy, but he was a good fit for NY, and they probably should have gone a little further than they did to keep him. Plaxico is doing about as well as I thought he would after missing two full years... he wasn't the fastest receiver to begin with, or the best route runner. They also lack depth on the O-line and if they lose Mangold or Ferguson for any length of time, they're pretty screwed.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Obviously Sanchez has struggled, but it's mostly a consistency issue I think. He has, at times, looked good, and made some good throws. And that Ravens game was brutal... I've rarely seen a QB take a beating like that for 60 minutes.

When I look at QBs and their teams, I try to keep in mind that the goal of playing football is to win games. Granted Sanchez has a very good defense, but since he came into the league, he's been a winner. He's also played very well in the post season... not so much that he's won them games, but he hasn't lost games for them either.

I think the Jets made some bad offseason moves. Braylon Edwards wasn't the most productive guy, but he was a good fit for NY, and they probably should have gone a little further than they did to keep him. Plaxico is doing about as well as I thought he would after missing two full years... he wasn't the fastest receiver to begin with, or the best route runner. They also lack depth on the O-line and if they lose Mangold or Ferguson for any length of time, they're pretty screwed.

minority in people who don't sterotype trash QBs. I'll join you in the dare I say intelligent minority;) . I bet Romo is one of the worst too.:)

I bet Belichick respects his "capability"

minority in people who don't sterotype trash QBs. I'll join you in the dare I say intelligent minority;) . I bet Romo is one of the worst too. :)

I bet Belichick respects his "capability"

Romo is a nightmare. The Cowboys obviously don't trust him a bit, which is more of an indictment than benching him!

I also forgot, another big loss for the Jets was Cotchery. Not flashy, not one of the best WRs in the league, but a perfect fit for that team, and a guy who had built some chemistry with Sanchez. And not to mention, a bit of a "Patriots killer" to boot! (Kinda glad he's gone, actually!)

Romo is a nightmare. The Cowboys obviously don't trust him a bit, which is more of an indictment than benching him!

I also forgot, another big loss for the Jets was Cotchery. Not flashy, not one of the best WRs in the league, but a perfect fit for that team, and a guy who had built some chemistry with Sanchez. And not to mention, a bit of a "Patriots killer" to boot! (Kinda glad he's gone, actually!)

I would say the coaching played scared. The odds of Romo throwing a pass and getting INT just aren't that big. It may have been incomplete thanks to the partriot defense but you can't play scared and that was the coach, not Romo. Clearly Romo was making pass plays throughout the game. I was scared he'd pass and get that critical 1st down and game over.

I agree with you, GoPats. Sanchez is on a team with an emphasis on defense and a "don't screw it up" attitude at the quarterback position. They don't allow the quarterback to play to his full ability, which in turn has caused Sanchez to lose a lot of confidence. You could argue that if alex Smith had landed with another team, he may have had better results. You could make the same argument with Sanchez and the Jets. He really hasn't had a consistent corps of receivers, and has had to adjust to new receivers every year. When he finally builds rapport with a receiver, the team lets them go.

i like Sanchez, but I do not think that he is as good as some have said, altho i would not put him at the bottom of the league, I do seem him tho in the bottom 16 QBs in the league . . . true the J-E-T-S have made the playoffs that last two years but in 2009 needed two gift games to make it (at most you get one, but not two). and last year they were one PM converted 3rd down from watching AV kick a FG with the time running out, and thus would of been one and done . . . so sure the jets have made it to the playoffs and to 2 AFCCGs, but are a bounce or two from only one playoff appearance and no wins . . .

true sanchez can show signs of brillance late in games here and there, but often one has to be in the position of being close on the scoreboard to be able to win on a final drive, and one gets close by having your defense keep you in the game or you and your offense does. so far i think the jets D (more than the O) has kept the jets in the games late thus allowing sanchez to close the deal, moving forward if the jets D weakens there will be a few more games relied on the offense and time will tell if sanchez can keep his team in those games for that late 4th qtr drive , we'll see . . .

yes he had lost some WRs, but at the same time he has had some solid WRs at his disposal . . . not to mention, till this year, a good running . . . as things change around him, as they do with other teams, time will tell how Sanchez performs with changes in the same way other QBs have to deal with changes . . .

i like Sanchez, but I do not think that he is as good as some have said, altho i would not put him at the bottom of the league, I do seem him tho in the bottom 16 QBs in the league . . . true the J-E-T-S have made the playoffs that last two years but in 2009 needed two gift games to make it (at most you get one, but not two). and last year they were one PM converted 3rd down from watching AV kick a FG with the time running out, and thus would of been one and done . . . so sure the jets have made it to the playoffs and to 2 AFCCGs, but are a bounce or two from only one playoff appearance and no wins . . .

true sanchez can show signs of brillance late in games here and there, but often one has to be in the position of being close on the scoreboard to be able to win on a final drive, and one gets close by having your defense keep you in the game or you and your offense does. so far i think the jets D (more than the O) has kept the jets in the games late thus allowing sanchez to close the deal, moving forward if the jets D weakens there will be a few more games relied on the offense and time will tell if sanchez can keep his team in those games for that late 4th qtr drive , we'll see . . .

yes he had lost some WRs, but at the same time he has had some solid WRs at his disposal . . . not to mention, till this year, a good running . . . as things change around him, as they do with other teams, time will tell how Sanchez performs with changes in the same way other QBs have to deal with changes . . .

Sanchez is ranked 24th out of 34 on football outsiders but that does not include the Miami game whereas the others are included up through sunday.

Romo OTOH is ranked 4th.

Uh, I believe you had better go back and reread that paragraph. He didn't say that about Sanchez. He was talking about the wide receiver/quarterback timing.

He is taking a stab at Sanchez's timing then. What's the difference? He's making a diss at his QB. Yes, he's also taking a stab at himself, but the point is, Plaxico isn't taking the full blame.

Edited by ReMeDy

He is taking a stab at Sanchez's timing then. What's the difference? He's making a diss at his QB. Yes, he's also taking a stab at himself, but the point is, Plaxico isn't taking the full blame.

I don't see it that way but take it how you will. Plaxico can't take full blame for the timing being off between Sanchez and himself. That's a two way street. If what you said is true don't you think the media would be all over it? It's because there's nothing to it. You know how the media circus is when another player throws his teammate under the bus. We'd be reading about it for the next month.