Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I love this team!

Flash7

I've noticed a lot of negativity on the threads recently. I wanted to point out some of the positives, and there's so much.

We have a chance to watch Andrew Luck develop, and he can be something really special. He possesses all of the traits that you wold look for in the ideal quarterback-- size, strength, smarts, and mobility. He could potentially be the best of them all when it's said and done.

T.Y. Hilton is fast becoming a go-to receiver. It's amazing watching him completely take over a game. And he's only getting better and better.

I love Trent Richardson's potential. (As you may know, I am not high on his play right now), but if we can pull the O-line together, he can be everything we'd hope for.

There's no quit in our defense. I re-watched the Houston game, and with only a statistical 5% chance of winning in the 4th quarter, they played all-out. Houston only scored a field goal in the second half of that game, ( thanks, kicker).

Lastly, I see Fleener becoming who we had hoped he would become. He's been very reliable. Havili is such a good player but goes unnoticed. There's simply too much for me to mention. I love this team!

If you love them so much, why don't you marry them? 

In all seriousness, when we dropped Peyton, I was scared to death of what we would become. As one who was a fan from day one of the Colts coming to Indy, I've seen some long stretches of mediocrity. 

It really is a "neat" team. It's the bevy of young talent that is most exciting. Many of these guys will be wearing the Shoe for years to come. Good job, Irsay. Jim takes some flak, but the dude knows how to run a team. 

Nice positive post Flash!!  Love it!!  Is there a love button :)

Call me stupid, but I would now like to see one change made to see how it works:

Castanzo LT, Reitz LG, McGlynn C, Thornton RG and Cherilus RT.

This puts Thornton and Reitz in their respective 'comfort zones' and gives both guard spots a more athletic opportunity for:

• Pulling: So far Thornton is the best a pulling
  • Blocking on screens to the backs as well as quick 'outs and crossing patterns.
  • Maybe widening the splits on the line to create a little more room for T-Rich...and open big holes for DB.

I love this team too.....but already married to the most beautiful woman in the world :)

Just give us a better offensive line. Really starting to get old watching McGlynn being bulldozed back where Andrew Luck is standing & watching Satele point out who he's "gonna" block then watch the person run past him.

Other than that I do love this team even with all the heart aches they give me with how inconsistent we are. Ballout one week then play like we're the Jaguars the next week

Just give us a better offensive line. Really starting to get old watching McGlynn being bulldozed back where Andrew Luck is standing & watching Satele point out who he's "gonna" block then watch the person run past him.

Other than that I do love this team even with all the heart aches they give me with how inconsistent we are. Ballout one week then play like we're the Jaguars the next week

Yes, we seem to play up or down to our competition. Sometimes I can't believe that the same team that played the Seahawks and Broncos was the one that played the Chargers.

But no team is perfect. Another true cliche is that it's a game of attrition and Grigs set us up pretty well for that.

What's not to love, from the owner, GM, coaches, all the way down to Blue. Well, okay, I don't love Blue. One if the worst mascots ideas in the league.

Yes, we seem to play up or down to our competition. Sometimes I can't believe that the same team that played the Seahawks and Broncos was the one that played the Chargers.

But no team is perfect. Another true cliche is that it's a game of attrition and Grigs set us up pretty well for that.

What's not to love, from the owner, GM, coaches, all the way down to Blue. Well, okay, I don't love Blue. One if the worst mascots ideas in the league.

Blue?!!! Are you serious?!!!! Blue is the best! We were knocking back apple juice shots just the other day at the Halloween costume party at Lucas Oil haha

I recommend re-watching this game to anyone who feels negative (I re-watched 2x's already). It really changed my perceptions of how both the team and individuals played to a much more positive place. Watching the video of a game in which you already know the outcome really helps remove the negative emotional overlay for the parts of the game where things are not going well. You know whats coming and you can really zero in to watch how individual did or did not perform their job. Also,  some of what made me feel very negative in the real time experience of the game went away in the 2nd and 3rd viewings (like the field goal block on which Watt makes a great play and then both Adam and Pat make equally great plays and the D stops Houston on 4th down of that drive and they get no points from the block). Despite the fact that we had a number of very bad breaks against us (the "blocked" punt that clearly should have been a roughing call and WAS reviewable even though Pagano was told it was not and the reversal of the recovered punt for which the reason given for the reversal was not only clearly not what happened but there was absolutely not clear evidence for overturning that call).

As bad as the O-Line blocking seemed to be Andrew simply missed some open receivers that could have gotten us more points much earlier (Whalen was wide open for a TD on the drive that produced the second field goal and Fleener was wide wide open on the first 2 point conversion Andrew just didn't see him).

We didn't play our best it's true and maybe one would say we were lucky to win this game but this team has a no quit attitude that you absolutely have to love and I think some players have made significant improvement from the beginning of the season (Walden, Angerer, T Y, Fleener, and as a group the Special Teams).

Last thing I'll say….we took Houston's best shot. Houston had the crowd, the breaks, momentum, and some really good play by a number of players on both sides of the ball and we still beat them. Next time we play I think we will annihilate them.

This is another thing I love about this team:

Pagano on hazing and whether he’s ever seen anything like what happened in Miami: “Never really been around it, fortunately. I can’t speak to anybody else’s locker room except our own. We try to create an environment and a culture here based on our core values, which are trust, loyalty and respect. We got great veteran leaders in our locker room that take care of things. Our guys, we talk about serving and respecting one another. We’re fortunate. We got a great locker room and a great building.”

Hilton, who was a rookie last season, on hazing in the Colts’ locker room: “Oh, not at all. We’re a family here and we take everybody in. That’s our motto, we’re a family. We put all our chips in and we just respect one another, no matter what it is. We all got to respect each other and it shows on the field.”

Walden, who said they have a no-nonsense policy on hazing in Indianapolis, on whether they ever ask rookies do little things for their veteran teammates: “Yeah, exactly. Carrying the helmets or sunflower seeds or Gatorade or whatever it may be. Nothing to the extreme where you have a person pulling a no-show, messing with their confidence or anything of that nature. I don’t really give into that.”

All quotes are courtesy of the Indianapolis Colts

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2013-articles/november/halftime-adjustments-and-t-y-hilton-plus-players-weigh-in-on-incognito-and-kubiak.html

I am proud of this organization and the way it is run.  Truly great guys that do so much for the community.

I recommend re-watching this game to anyone who feels negative (I re-watched 2x's already). It really changed my perceptions of how both the team and individuals played to a much more positive place. Watching the video of a game in which you already know the outcome really helps remove the negative emotional overlay for the parts of the game where things are not going well. You know whats coming and you can really zero in to watch how individual did or did not perform their job. Also,  some of what made me feel very negative in the real time experience of the game went away in the 2nd and 3rd viewings (like the field goal block on which Watt makes a great play and then both Adam and Pat make equally great plays and the D stops Houston on 4th down of that drive and they get no points from the block). Despite the fact that we had a number of very bad breaks against us (the "blocked" punt that clearly should have been a roughing call and WAS reviewable even though Pagano was told it was not and the reversal of the recovered punt for which the reason given for the reversal was not only clearly not what happened but there was absolutely not clear evidence for overturning that call).

As bad as the O-Line blocking seemed to be Andrew simply missed some open receivers that could have gotten us more points much earlier (Whalen was wide open for a TD on the drive that produced the second field goal and Fleener was wide wide open on the first 2 point conversion Andrew just didn't see him).

We didn't play our best it's true and maybe one would say we were lucky to win this game but this team has a no quit attitude that you absolutely have to love and I think some players have made significant improvement from the beginning of the season (Walden, Angerer, T Y, Fleener, and as a group the Special Teams).

Last thing I'll say….we took Houston's best shot. Houston had the crowd, the breaks, momentum, and some really good play by a number of players on both sides of the ball and we still beat them. Next time we play I think we will annihilate them.

Wow, what a great and thoughtful post! You should change your name to footballsteve and start blogging!

This is another thing I love about this team:

Pagano on hazing and whether he’s ever seen anything like what happened in Miami: “Never really been around it, fortunately. I can’t speak to anybody else’s locker room except our own. We try to create an environment and a culture here based on our core values, which are trust, loyalty and respect. We got great veteran leaders in our locker room that take care of things. Our guys, we talk about serving and respecting one another. We’re fortunate. We got a great locker room and a great building.”

Hilton, who was a rookie last season, on hazing in the Colts’ locker room: “Oh, not at all. We’re a family here and we take everybody in. That’s our motto, we’re a family. We put all our chips in and we just respect one another, no matter what it is. We all got to respect each other and it shows on the field.”

Walden, who said they have a no-nonsense policy on hazing in Indianapolis, on whether they ever ask rookies do little things for their veteran teammates: “Yeah, exactly. Carrying the helmets or sunflower seeds or Gatorade or whatever it may be. Nothing to the extreme where you have a person pulling a no-show, messing with their confidence or anything of that nature. I don’t really give into that.”

All quotes are courtesy of the Indianapolis Colts

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2013-articles/november/halftime-adjustments-and-t-y-hilton-plus-players-weigh-in-on-incognito-and-kubiak.html

I am proud of this organization and the way it is run.  Truly great guys that do so much for the community.

And I like the Post game locker oom WIN dance!

I've noticed a lot of negativity on the threads recently. I wanted to point out some of the positives, and there's so much.

We have a chance to watch Andrew Luck develop, and he can be something really special. He possesses all of the traits that you wold look for in the ideal quarterback-- size, strength, smarts, and mobility. He could potentially be the best of them all when it's said and done.

T.Y. Hilton is fast becoming a go-to receiver. It's amazing watching him completely take over a game. And he's only getting better and better.

I love Trent Richardson's potential. (As you may know, I am not high on his play right now), but if we can pull the O-line together, he can be everything we'd hope for.

There's no quit in our defense. I re-watched the Houston game, and with only a statistical 5% chance of winning in the 4th quarter, they played all-out. Houston only scored a field goal in the second half of that game, ( thanks, kicker).

Lastly, I see Fleener becoming who we had hoped he would become. He's been very reliable. Havili is such a good player but goes unnoticed. There's simply too much for me to mention. I love this team!

Flash just want to say THANKS! I needed that

You are one of my favorite posters on this board.

Andrew has such high intangibles, And Talent, his teams are destined to win a LOT! :td:

We just might get to see our Colts & the Pacers win a title in the same year.

Well, they're YOUR Pacers.  I gave up on the NBA.  I don't think they play pro basketball until April, until then it's the equivalent of pro wrestling.

But I agree with you Colts comments!