Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Texans are done....

ColtStrong

Believe me, I was worried like most Colts fans, but guess what? We found a way. It's pretty much a done deal now, as far as the division goes. I WANT to get a first round bye. I'm proud of our team. Holy crap. I can't believe we came back, yet I do believe.

The division is not even close to a done deal. The Texans were never the threat to it. Titans are still only 2 games back, and are the team capable of making a run.

Pfffffft. Get real.

Thats as real as it gets. The Titans are only 2 games back and play good football when Locker is in there. We still have to play them twice. If they take the game in Nashville, theyll be in prime position to steal a division crown.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. Titans > Texans.

Thats as real as it gets. The Titans are only 2 games back and play good football when Locker is in there. We still have to play them twice. If they take the game in Nashville, theyll be in prime position to steal a division crown.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. Titans > Texans.

If we can't beat the titans, then we suck. i'm feeling pretty good right now. The texans should have beat us. But they didn't, because they don't have heart. We do.

If we can't beat the titans, then we suck. i'm feeling pretty good right now. The texans should have beat us. But they didn't, because they don't have heart. We do.

Titans game won't be just an outing, it's gonna be tougher than anyone may think. Forget last season's Titans, even they are ahead of Texans.

Plus, Colts couldn't have been counted out with 18 points lead, never write off Texans. We have to stay focused for games still ahead of us, our schedule is proven to be more difficult than it was thought before the season.

A first round bye would be nice...an other statement from Colts.

Titans game won't be just an outing, it's gonna be tougher than anyone may think. Forget last season's Titans, even they are ahead of Texans.

Plus, Colts couldn't have been counted out with 18 points lead, never write off Texans. We have to stay focused for games still ahead of us, our schedule is proven to be more difficult than it was thought before the season.

A first round bye would be nice...an other statement from Colts.

We are one injury away in the secondary and OL....WR away from mediocrity....and if Luck goes down....we could conceivably lose them all....(Not counting on that however)  I do think we are set for a division title.  :):blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Texans are gonna have a hard time coming back from this far down to push for the AFC South title this season.

Titans are our main competition now.  We have a 2 game lead right now but that is by no means a guarantee at this point in the season.

Texans may be a threat next season.  Case Keenum looks like he might be the real deal and they might be drafting at the high to middle of the first round.  

Also if Jacksonville get's Bridgewater, the AFC South could become very deep next season.  

Well maybe they do have a heart and you don't because because the game changed completely when their Coach went down and they didn't have a clue what happened and what his condition was. :sigh:  I also wouldn't take the Titans as lightly as you seem to be taking them because they are playing pretty good ball right now.  The Colts need to play a full 60 minutes of football and not count on all the 4th quarter comebacks because that might not work in the playoffs.  Will they will the division looks that way but there is still quite a bit of football left and on any given Sunday anything can happen.  I think loosing Reggie is going to hurt them a lot more than some think it will.  JMO :)

I am so proud of The Colts. They faced an 18-point deficit, came back and won...that is a sign of a good team. Reggie will make a difference not being on the field, but eventually the team will need to move on, perhaps TY? Great game guys.

Believe me, I was worried like most Colts fans, but guess what? We found a way. It's pretty much a done deal now, as far as the division goes. I WANT to get a first round bye. I'm proud of our team. Holy crap. I can't believe we came back, yet I do believe.

I'm still shocked..at the 18-point comeback...on the road

but the way it went down...Houston is done..they can win a few but they cant get to 9 wins.

Tennessee is not a real issue and Jax is barely still in the NFL..

we'll be in the playoffs and we'll be at home for, at least, one game

I'm still shocked..at the 18-point comeback...on the road

Tennessee is not a real issue and Jax is barely still in the NFL..

I'm still shocked at the way the Colts played the 1st half.  This team came out and played the 1st half as if they spent the bye week reading their press clippings.  Coach Pagano said they must stop putting themselves in this hole.  Well coach, IMO, it starts with the coaching staff getting the team ready to play at the opening kickoff, and not sometime in the 3Q.

I need to watch the last half again, but if memory serves me correctly, the O line finally figured out they could actually block someone in the 4th Q. :woah:

Great comeback and slept much better after the Texans FG kicker missed his 3d FG at the end. 

Viny had one FG blocked and 'boomstick' fumbled the ball on his 1st punt.  Man we have to start playing better special teams. 

I'm still shocked at the way the Colts played the 1st half.  This team came out and played the 1st half as if they spent the bye week reading their press clippings.  Coach Pagano said they must stop putting themselves in this hole.  Well coach, IMO, it starts with the coaching staff getting the team ready to play at the opening kickoff, and not sometime in the 3Q.

I need to watch the last half again, but if memory serves me correctly, the O line finally figured out they could actually block someone in the 4th Q. :woah:

Great comeback and slept much better after the Texans FG kicker missed his 3d FG at the end. 

Viny had one FG blocked and 'boomstick' fumbled the ball on his 1st punt.  Man we have to start playing better special teams. 

Agree with your post. I am concerned by the Colts performance in the 1st half. Elated by their performance in the 2nd half-- but in the playoffs if we get down 18, especially on the road (like to Denver for instance), we aren't coming back. I, along with all other Colts fans, was definitely questioning the preparation by the Colts in the 1st half. Sure, Case Keenum can throw it and I am not trying to take away credit for some good reads/passes, but that was just awful, pathetic, timid defense on Andre Johnson and against the Texans in general in the 1st half. Shades of the Chargers game only worse. The defense played better when it was aggressive. That's the way it should ALWAYS play IMO.

The O-line was bad too-- but at this point I am not sure that can be helped. Taking Satele out and putting McGlynn at center seems like it makes the unit play better, but the coaching staff seems like it is loyal to a fault to Satele for whatever reason.

This team is very young and is up and down for that reason. I was encouraged by TY's performance in the second half. I hope he carries that confidence over to the next game and continues to step up as the #1 receiver.

I'm still shocked at the way the Colts played the 1st half. This team came out and played the 1st half as if they spent the bye week reading their press clippings. Coach Pagano said they must stop putting themselves in this hole. Well coach, IMO, it starts with the coaching staff getting the team ready to play at the opening kickoff, and not sometime in the 3Q.

Viny had one FG blocked and 'boomstick' fumbled the ball on his 1st punt. Man we have to start playing better special teams.

Special teams has been our strongest phase.

Texans aren't done yet. They got an easy schedule going forward. If they win out and the colts lose 4 games and the titans a couple they could still win division. We need to be worried about is finding another receiver other than Hilton who can get open and catch the ball.

The Texans new QB is lucky that he has AJ to make him look better than he actually is.  That was the best he has played in a while. Inspired ball because of a spark from a new QB. These young Colts went to the Long Horn State and rode the Bull for 60 minutes!  A tough divisional foe that has won the division the past 2 years. Pretty good ball for a young team on the road in a VERY HOSTILE Battle Red Stadium!

Tennessee will be a grind it out type of game too. If we don't turn the ball over there, I think we can walk out of their house with a win too. That new DC there scares me with his past mentality of bounties and injuring players.

The Texans new QB is lucky that he has AJ to make him look better than he actually is. That was the best he has played in a while. Inspired ball because of a spark from a new QB. These young Colts went to the Long Horn State and rode the Bull for 60 minutes! A tough divisional foe that has won the division the past 2 years. Pretty good ball for a young team on the road in a VERY HOSTILE Battle Red Stadium!

Tennessee will be a grind it out type of game too. If we don't turn the ball over there, I think we can walk out of their house with a win too. That new DC there scares me with his past mentality of bounties and injuring players.

Yeah tenn d coordinator is a *

The Texans new QB is lucky that he has AJ to make him look better than he actually is.  That was the best he has played in a while. Inspired ball because of a spark from a new QB. These young Colts went to the Long Horn State and rode the Bull for 60 minutes!  A tough divisional foe that has won the division the past 2 years. Pretty good ball for a young team on the road in a VERY HOSTILE Battle Red Stadium!

Well if the Colts rode the bull for 60 minutes they must have been bucked off quite a bit in the first 30 to 45 minutes by the looks of the score.  That's what is wrong they need to put together 60 minutes of football and quit having to comeback after being down (yesterday 18 pts)  because that is going to bite them in the behind in the playoffs. :headspin:

:rock: 

Well if the Colts rode the bull for 60 minutes they must have been bucked off quite a bit in the first 30 to 45 minutes by the looks of the score.  That's what is wrong they need to put together 60 minutes of football and quit having to comeback after being down (yesterday 18 pts)  because that is going to bite them in the behind in the playoffs. :headspin:

Ok then we rode the BULL for 15 minutes and won :rock:

we still have to play the Titans twice in a three week span with onl one game in the middle of the two games and the Titans are playing pretty good football. Colts can't take these two games lightly of our remain games with the texans or Jags. not alone the rest of our games that are not in our division. Especially with Reggie out of our lineup.

we still have to play the Titans twice in a three week span with onl one game in the middle of the two games and the Titans are playing pretty good football. Colts can't take these two games lightly of our remain games with the texans or Jags. not alone the rest of our games that are not in our division. Especially with Reggie out of our lineup.

The colts will take them serious. However, we as fans can think whatever we want. Some of you forget that.

Between the Bengals, Chiefs, Titans twice, and the Texans again, I'd just enjoy the wins, when our team get's em. Nothing is decided yet.

If the Colts win the next 4 games, and the Texans lose 1 in that same span, the Colts win the division. That is mathematical fact. The next 4 games are the most important of the season, and 2 of them are against the Titans, one of those Titans games being a short week Thursday night game.

This is closeout time, and it starts with a tough Rams defense.

The way we played after this bye week, I'm curious what a playoff bye week would do

Outside of maybe the Denver game & the Niner game this team hasn't really put together a full 60 mins. of football... 

Hopefully they can get that together down the stretch & begin playing their best 60 mins. of football come playoff time...

Agree with your post. I am concerned by the Colts performance in the 1st half. Elated by their performance in the 2nd half-- but in the playoffs if we get down 18, especially on the road (like to Denver for instance), we aren't coming back. I, along with all other Colts fans, was definitely questioning the preparation by the Colts in the 1st half. Sure, Case Keenum can throw it and I am not trying to take away credit for some good reads/passes, but that was just awful, pathetic, timid defense on Andre Johnson and against the Texans in general in the 1st half. Shades of the Chargers game only worse. The defense played better when it was aggressive. That's the way it should ALWAYS play IMO.

The O-line was bad too-- but at this point I am not sure that can be helped. Taking Satele out and putting McGlynn at center seems like it makes the unit play better, but the coaching staff seems like it is loyal to a fault to Satele for whatever reason.

This team is very young and is up and down for that reason. I was encouraged by TY's performance in the second half. I hope he carries that confidence over to the next game and continues to step up as the #1 receiver.

Yup, coming back from an 18 point deficit in the play-offs is unheard off in the modern era. Never gonna happen....