Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Nickname for Andrew

ConBro

It's an apt nickname at this point, but I'd rather not have to sit through that many heart-pounding comebacks.  Besides, Harbaugh will always be Captain Comeback to me.

How about Colonel Neck-a-neck or General Blowout...?

haha I'm with you there. I was thinking the same thing-- I don't know how many of those games I can stomach :D

I appreciate the patience! The bandwidth is crazy on this forum right now. I was finally able to post the picture that I had originally intended. But thank you for the support!

Sorry. 

I don't like the moniker of "captain comeback". It's been given out too many times now. 

I just call the dude "Luck". His name is so perfect....don't need no stinkin' nick. 

Sorry. 

I don't like the moniker of "captain comeback". It's been given out too many times now. 

I just call the dude "Luck". His name is so perfect....don't need no stinkin' nick. 

haha no worries man. We're all fired up right now :D

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's an apt nickname at this point, but I'd rather not have to sit through that many heart-pounding comebacks.  Besides, Harbaugh will always be Captain Comeback to me.

How about Colonel Neck-a-neck or General Blowout...?

Why get nervous?  I just sit back with a smile on my face.  They say "Why are you smiling, I thought you were a Colts fan?"  And I say, "One day there will be a statue of Andrew Luck"  Everyone condescendingly nods and smile.  But there is a stillness in the air.  Everyone can sense what is coming.  After the first touchdown, the smiles become flat and nervous.  After the second touchdown, the smiles have become blank stares.  After the third touchdown, the smiles have all turned into disbelieving head shakes. I finish my drink and continue my never ending smile. Nothing more needs to be said.

Why get nervous?  I just sit back with a smile on my face.  They say "Why are you smiling, I thought you were a Colts fan?"  And I say, "One day there will be a statue of Andrew Luck"  Everyone condescendingly nod and smile.  But there is a stillness in the air.  Everyone can sense what is coming.  After the first touchdown, the smiles become flat and nervous.  After the second touchdown, the smiles have become blank stares.  After the third touchdown, the smiles have all turned into disbelieving head shakes. I finish my drink and continue my never ending smile. Nothing more needs to be said.

This scenario doesn't work for me.  Not unless the others are voices in my head.  :)

I don't get nervous until the comeback starts.  Then it's just the excitement of the possibility of winning. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

This scenario doesn't work for me.  Not unless the others are voices in my head.   :)

I don't get nervous until the comeback starts.  Then it's just the excitement of the possibility of winning. 

I learned a long time ago with Peyton that I shouldn't waste any energy being nervous.

I learned a long time ago with Peyton that I shouldn't waste any energy being nervous.

I'm a "that-glass-is-totally-empty" girl, so I can't help it.  I just can't get too comfortable.  Plus, you know Peyton and co. could let you down when you least expect it.  Not too often, but it happened.

I can't say I get nervous.

I get frustrated, though, especially with dropped passes, missed assignments, oLinemen whiffing their blocks, etc. The veins in my neck start pulsing, and my wife decides she can't take being in the same room with me.

It really isn't nervousness, though. I always assume if they would just listen to me, they'd get back on track. :)

I don't remember who 68 is, but he look maddddddd!!!!!

If your gonna give anytype of comeback moniker, it would have to be "The Comeback Kid"

with good reason according to this we don't have a 68 so I don't know who he is, personal bodyguard maybe lol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

I love Lucks smile though it's like he's thinking ha silly Texans they thought they had us when we really had them right where we want them.

I like alot of the suggestions above, but when I watch Luck stay cool under pressure, shrug guys that are 250 pounds plus off of him with little effort, throw blocks, and just keep plugging away regardless of the current score or last play, I think man this kid is a machine!!! So that got me thinking of a few nicknames....

Andrew=Android?

Terminator?  

T1000? I keep thinking one of these games he will get hit and part of him will come off and he will just come back together! LoL!

I think something machine related is definitely in order, IMO.