Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we please get a capable WR1?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Please Grigson and the FO. We have something special going on and a possible super bowl chance this year. Losing Reggie was huge. With him I'm sure we would have a good chance of going all the way. Without him, all other receivers are moved up a slot and that could spell trouble. Of course, we'll do good in regular season but in the playoffs you need every advantage you can get. We need a WR1. I really hope it happens.

I think something might happen because there's still that open roster slot and no promotions from the PS have occurred yet. Could be something. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickens are slim. We've lost 3 of our 4 best weapons on offense already. Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne. The empty promise that is DHB is the biggest question mark going forward. Going into the year, the promise that is DHB should've spelled a great deal of relief if Wayne were to have gone down. Wayne has gone down, and DHB has become an empty promise. 

If DHB can just stop dropping the ball, we have a fairly known quantity in Hilton......if Brazil shows some flash and Fleener continues executing, I think we'll be fine with what we have. 

One of those guys (other than Hilton) has to emerge, or we're in big trouble going into the playoffs. I don't think bringing a player in will amount to diddly-poo. 

Pickens are slim. We've lost 3 of our 4 best weapons on offense already. Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne. The empty promise that is DHB is the biggest question mark going forward. Going into the year, the promise that is DHB should've spelled a great deal of relief if Wayne were to have gone down. Wayne has gone down, and DHB has become an empty promise. 

If DHB can just stop dropping the ball, we have a fairly known quantity in Hilton......if Brazil shows some flash and Fleener continues executing, I think we'll be fine with what we have. 

One of those guys (other than Hilton) has to emerge, or we're in big trouble going into the playoffs. I don't think bringing a player in will amount to diddly-poo. 

Yeah, we'll be "fine". That's for sure. We're a good team and good offense, but when you have bigger aspirations you need every break you can get. In the playoffs the security blanket and greatness that is Reggie Wayne will be missed. 

I still think we'll be fine, but not having a WR1 that is established at that role in worrisome. Hilton can be that guy but he's not there yet. I like him out of the slot more anyway. DHB could be that guy but he hasn't proven it yet. On a 3rd and 12 with a minute left you can't be sure he'll catch an important pass. Anyway, imo even like Hakeem Nicks would be better than nothing. 

Yeah, we'll be "fine". That's for sure. We're a good team and good offense, but when you have bigger aspirations you need every break you can get. In the playoffs the security blanket and greatness that is Reggie Wayne will be missed. 

I still think we'll be fine, but not having a WR1 that is established at that role in worrisome. Hilton can be that guy but he's not there yet. I like him out of the slot more anyway. DHB could be that guy but he hasn't proven it yet. On a 3rd and 12 with a minute left you can't be sure he'll catch an important pass. Anyway, imo even like Hakeem Nicks would be better than nothing. 

TY rarely ever plays in the slot. Reggie plays in the slot more than 70% of the time. 

Not sure I understand all the TY love. Everyone is quick to bash on DHB, but other than the Seattle game, Hilton has been mostly unreliable. TY has dropped a bunch of balls lately, but somehow DHB is the only empty promise?

TY was pretty bad the Broncos game. Something like 2 receptions on 11 targets I think I heard.

He gets a free pass because everyone likes him though lol.

Not sure I understand all the TY love. Everyone is quick to bash on DHB, but other than the Seattle game, Hilton has been mostly unreliable. TY has dropped a bunch of balls lately, but somehow DHB is the only empty promise?

He had 6 rec 124 yards TD vs Dolphins. T.Y is open a lot of times but Luck usually always look for Wayne first or he overthrows him. There were 3 to 4 times during the Dolphins  game were TY was open over the middle but Luck under threw it. They have to get more reps together and work on the timing issues.

I believe TY has only had a few drops. As well, his flashes of brilliance go back to last season. So some precedent has been set for him, in relation to expectations going forward. 

DHB should be well ahead of TY, but the opposite appears to be the case. 

I believe TY has only had a few drops. As well, his flashes of brilliance go back to last season. So some precedent has been set for him, in relation to expectations going forward.

DHB should be well ahead of TY, but the opposite appears to be the case.

Except that TY has had a whole year more than DHB to develop chemistry and timing.

Except that TY has had a whole year more than DHB to develop chemistry and timing.

I'm not sure where chemistry and timing come into play when a ball lands squarely in the hands of a professional receiver that has been playing since he was 5 years old? 

Clean routes. Yes. Timing patterns, yes. Adjustments on the fly. Yes. 

But straight up drops........not sure about that. Not hating on DHB. Such a physically gifted talent. If he can secure more receptions, he would be able to fill some of the Reggie void. 

Please Grigson and the FO. We have something special going on and a possible super bowl chance this year. Losing Reggie was huge. With him I'm sure we would have a good chance of going all the way. Without him, all other receivers are moved up a slot and that could spell trouble. Of course, we'll do good in regular season but in the playoffs you need every advantage you can get. We need a WR1. I really hope it happens.

I think something might happen because there's still that open roster slot and no promotions from the PS have occurred yet. Could be something. 

Your screen name is ALLYOUNEEDISLUCK....if that is the case...than we have more than enough. We have plenty to win a SB. Outside Denver, GB, and NO we have more firepower on offense than anyone else I see. Time Andrew take that next step..time TY be the consistant threat..not just every 3rd game. Time Fleener be what he was drafted to be. Time DHB take that athleticism and turn it into something special. Time TRICH be what he was projected to be. We have nothing of value to trade to bring in a game changer. What are you going to do if Mathis gets hurt....or TY....you can't make trades for every position that goes down. You man up and make a difference. You do your job...perfect your craft and become the best you can be. We have enough guys here if one or two can do that we have plenty of O to win a SB. Wilson doesn't have playmakers all over the field and he is expected to go to the SB. You don't think TY, DHB, Fleener, and Brazill are just as good as what he has? Stop trying to bail out the guys we have and let them man up. You don't draft a wr1...you draft guys that have potential and heart...and skill....and its up to them to achieve greatness. One of our guys is going to have to do that. We need everyone....including Luck to keep taking those steps. Grigson isn't going to bail on the long term to win short term. If that was the case....Peyton Manning would be our QB. You see a house....you lay out the plans...and you build it....you don't take short cuts....you may make some changes to your plan when you see the opportunity for something better but you don't risk the trying to rush complete the house..you take short cuts your going to get burned.

I'm not sure where chemistry and timing come into play when a ball lands squarely in the hands of a professional receiver that has been playing since he was 5 years old?

Clean routes. Yes. Timing patterns, yes. Adjustments on the fly. Yes.

But straight up drops........not sure about that. Not hating on DHB. Such a physically gifted talent. If he can secure more receptions, he would be able to fill some of the Reggie void.

I'm watching different games then. I am not suggesting DHB hasn't dropped a couple perfect passes, but most have been off target, and he did well to get hands on the ball. I'd like to see him make more difficult catches, but that's different. And my point wasn't to defend DHB as much as to question why TY gets a free pass.

The last 2 games, TY has botched several bread basket, no excuses passes. And he dropped a couple early in the Seahawks game. But he's labeled a savior?

I see the offense as the Patriots, just without the good offensive line

No true #1 WR, just player's who can make plays when called on. And that's perfectly fine with me. Especially the way our defense plays with the Enforcer (Laron Landry for those who were loss) is back at safety

:thmup:

WR is not a position you can add mid year and expect results. Any new WR would be well behind anyone on this roster, losing Reggie sucks but it's next man up and I think we will be okay. The defense has been good and will have to stay good and even be better for this team to contend, and a new WR won't change that.

He had 6 rec 124 yards TD vs Dolphins. T.Y is open a lot of times but Luck usually always look for Wayne first or he overthrows him. There were 3 to 4 times during the Dolphins game were TY was open over the middle but Luck under threw it. They have to get more reps together and work on the timing issues.

Fair enough. The Fins game was the first one I haven't been able to attend (or watch) in the past decade. Even so, that means he's had 2 good games this year. Out of 7.

I'm watching different games then. 

Sounds like it. It might be my legendarily poor memory, but I can only recall one true drop from Hilton this year, and that was in the SD game (I'm sure there's more, but cannot recall). 

The only one I'm thinking of from last Sunday was the bomb that was finger-tipped off course by DRC. I give receivers a break, under most circumstances, for tipped deflected passes. 

But he's labeled a savior? 

Not a "savior" but he's the best we got. Who's better on the roster? 

TY was pretty bad the Broncos game. Something like 2 receptions on 11 targets I think I heard.

He gets a free pass because everyone likes him though lol.

TY and Andrew are defintely not in sinc on shorter timing routes. Personally i don`t think TY thinks fast enough yet.

Practice ... ... it may take him another season or two to get there, he has the speed, wish him good health.

I liked seeing him make some of those catches and get down quick so the head hunters didn`t get to blow him up.

He is a learner. Go TY!!!

Any word on how Da'Rick Rogers has looked in practice?

All I could find at the moment. Might get more word on him from inside our organization sometime this week. Think the fellas report back to work on Monday or Tuesday

@allfortennessee: Reggie Wayne Out For Season; Time For Da’Rick Rogers To Be Promoted?: Da’Rick Rogers might finally be getting ... http://t.co/ajOflpRMzc

All I could find at the moment. Might get more word on him from inside our organization sometime this week. Think the fellas report back to work on Monday or Tuesday

@allfortennessee: Reggie Wayne Out For Season; Time For Da’Rick Rogers To Be Promoted?: Da’Rick Rogers might finally be getting ... http://t.co/ajOflpRMzc

Thanks TKnight!

The talent is there..

I want to see this kid shine..

You might get your wish. Here's a few tweets from a indy star columnist

@bkravitz: Don't know if Grigson's gonna pull the trigger on a deal, but it's interesting he hasn't filled the roster spot just yet. Hmmm.

@bkravitz: As @HolderStephen points out, the Colts have neither the cap space nor the draft picks to do anything dramatic in replacing Reggie.

@bkravitz: So the point is, I truly doubt the Colts are going to do anything epic in their attempts to replace Reggie. Gonna be tough, anyway.

@bkravitz: Don't know if Grigson's gonna pull the trigger on a deal, but it's interesting he hasn't filled the roster spot just yet. Hmmm.

@bkravitz: As @HolderStephen points out, the Colts have neither the cap space nor the draft picks to do anything dramatic in replacing Reggie.

@bkravitz: So the point is, I truly doubt the Colts are going to do anything epic in their attempts to replace Reggie. Gonna be tough, anyway.

I know most people want to see a trade but the only person I wouldn't mind getting was Josh Gordon because he's young and cheap.

We might as well see what we have in #15 and #16 ..

And if they don't pan out we still have our second round pick and free agency next off season to target another WR.

People who want Hakeem Nicks just like him because he's a bigger name.

His injury history, price value and work ethic scare me.

Plus if we give up picks and he walks at the end of the season it was all for nothing unless we win a ring.

We need to keep building the monster but we have to see what we have inside the organization first before looking somewhere else..

We need to keep building the monster but we have to see what we have inside the organization first before looking somewhere else..

Grigs does not have the luxury of time to do that. Trade deadline is what... Tuesday? Unless you mean go forward with what we have, hope it is sufficient, deal with it for the rest of the season if it isn't, and look somewhere else in the offseason.

Fair enough. The Fins game was the first one I haven't been able to attend (or watch) in the past decade. Even so, that means he's had 2 good games this year. Out of 7.

Once DHB went out of the game, TY basically disappeared. Miami started rolling the safety over on TY and he was taken out of the game fairly quickly. DHB helps TY more than TY helps DHB.

People who want Hakeem Nicks just like him because he's a bigger name.

His injury history, price value and work ethic scare me.

Plus if we give up picks and he walks at the end of the season it was all for nothing unless we win a ring.

Having a " #1 " WR is overrated these days imo. You look at the Lions when Megatron didn't play that one week this season, they sucked. I'd rather have a offense like the Patriots & now the Packers (due to injuries).

There's no true #1 in New England, yet they still move the ball and score. Yes, it took them some time to get it together but they did. And that's what we'll be doing if the trade doesn't happen. Give these young guys a chance to show why you took the chance of bringing them to Indianapolis. They may not be the Julio Jones, AJ Green, or Megatrons of the league but they're NFL players. Give them a chance to grow since they're the future for us anyway. Reggie won't be here forever. See what you have and you don't like it, change it in the off-season. Luck has plenty of time to get a super bowl ring. Just continue to build the monster

:colts:

:rantoff:

Having a " #1 " WR is overrated these days imo. You look at the Lions when Megatron didn't play that one week this season, they sucked. I'd rather have a offense like the Patriots & now the Packers (due to injuries).

There's no true #1 in New England, yet they still move the ball and score. Yes, it took them some time to get it together but they did. And that's what we'll be doing if the trade doesn't happen. Give these young guys a chance to show why you took the chance of bringing them to Indianapolis. They may not be the Julio Jones, AJ Green, or Megatrons of the league but they're NFL players. Give them a chance to grow since they're the future for us anyway. Reggie won't be here forever. See what you have and you don't like it, change it in the off-season. Luck has plenty of time to get a super bowl ring. Just continue to build the monster

:colts:

:rantoff:

new englands offense is terrible and brady is having the worst year of his career because of lack of WRs.

new englands offense is terrible and brady is having the worst year of his career because of lack of WRs.

But their record is fine. Mostly due to their defense, but still fine. And I used the Patriots as a comparison cause it's a bunch of no name WR's (aside from Edelman), but they're still winning games

But their record is fine. Mostly due to their defense, but still fine. And I used the Patriots as a comparison cause it's a bunch of no name WR's (aside from Edelman), but they're still winning games

They're winning games because of their defense and extremely easy schedule. The only team of value they beat was NO and that was beause of terrible time management on the part of Sean Payton.

The only legitimate team having succes with subpar receivers is Seattle and they're getting Percy Harvin back soon.