Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Waiting Game

PrincetonTiger

123 members have voted

1. 1. What will be next move by the Colts

• Release of someone else
    • Signing off the Practice Squad(Rogers,Whalen, or Cunningham)
    • Blockbuster Trade
    • Street FA signing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due diligence time. The way Grigs operates, I'm assuming he's busy turning over every rock he can, checking out trade options, FA options, and bench/practice squad options to figure out what he thinks will help this team the most. There is no need for him to act too quickly (beyond the looming trade deadline and/or the Rams game), so I'd rather see him stay busy turning over those rocks.

I was calling for Ramses Bardin throughout the offseason, so for purposes of consistency, I'll root for picking him up now. I remain convinced that he could be special.

barden is tall. He is also bad at football. The only reason you like him is his height

Guest TeamLoloJones

If said player gets hurt, then you have no trade.

Let's just hope Grigson's options stay healthy, but have horrible games and help with lowering their value.

Austin Collie

Isn't he a Patriot? Plus the boards would explode with concern over his health. I'd love the pickup even if it was a stop gap type of signing and he got injured again. I think he only commands league minimum salary or slightly more.

If we can't get a true #1, a possession receiver is the next best choice.

Yaa. He has been hurt too much but Hakeem has got some Near Reggie hands.

Not Griggs MO IMO to go after someone in his FA position.
But if you Believe we are that close to being good enough to be playing for the AFC Championship, I can see him & Irsay going for it in some way.

We are going TO BE very tough next year.

I really dont follow the logic in waiting until Next week to promote someone to the practise squad. Week off or not, the extra time will get them in the right mindset.

I think it is clear Grigs first option is trade, no matter what any member thinks abour Griff or Da'Rick. I think they want Da'Rick to prove himself on the PS this year.

Most exciting this, I see no possible way that this team doesnt get better for the 2014 season. I think we are definitely a playoff team with or without Reggie this year. Next year I think we will be the best in the AFC.

barden is tall. He is also bad at football. The only reason you like him is his height

Based on what? He received very limited playing time with the Giants. His one time starting in his tenure with the team, he had a monster game against a decent Panthers D.

He is big, strong, runs decent routes, is decently fast for his size, and has actually shown decent hands. And he fits with the Colts cap constraints.

Based on what? He received very limited playing time with the Giants. His one time starting in his tenure with the team, he had a monster game against a decent Panthers D.

He is big, strong, runs decent routes, is decently fast for his size, and has actually shown decent hands. And he fits with the Colts cap constraints.

if he was 6 foot tall you would not even mention him

if he was 6 foot tall you would not even mention him

You probably shouldn't make assumptions, especially seemingly unintelligent ones.

Sure his height is interesting, but I've liked him since his Cal Poly days. He was stuck on a Giants roster behind Hicks, Cruz and Manningham... then when Maningham was allowed to walk, the Giant took Randle in the draft, and wanted to develop him. Barden has plenty of potential, but was a victim of too much quality depth at WR on the Giants.

What does concern me a little is that the GMen gave him an injury settlement as part of his release this past preseason, and I'm not really sure what the injury was.

You probably shouldn't make assumptions, especially seemingly unintelligent ones.

Sure his height is interesting, but I've liked him since his Cal Poly days. He was stuck on a Giants roster behind Hicks, Cruz and Manningham... then when Maningham was allowed to walk, the Giant took Randle in the draft, and wanted to develop him. Barden has plenty of potential, but was a victim of too much quality depth at WR on the Giants.

What does concern me a little is that the GMen gave him an injury settlement as part of his release this past preseason, and I'm not really sure what the injury was.

it doesn't concern you that nobody wants him?

I will stick with my assumption

I don't think you need to make a trade. Sign 2 WR free agents.  ie Brandon Llyod; Laurent Robinson or Mohamed Massaquoi. Also, sign a veteran free agent TE & OG.

This way you don't have to give up any draft picks. Vet FA's have had some success in the league in

the past. You may get lucky & get the right vet in the right place to succeed again.

it doesn't concern you that nobody wants him?

I will stick with my assumption

Seldom do teams pay much attention to 4th/5th stringers on other teams. Same reason our much beloved Whalen somehow manages to repeatedly clear waivers. Barden is one of the rare ones who have actually shown that they can play with the big boys.

Seldom do teams pay much attention to 4th/5th stringers on other teams. Same reason our much beloved Whalen somehow manages to repeatedly clear waivers. Barden is one of the rare ones who have actually shown that they can play with the big boys.

this entire post is false

you actually believe other teams don't know who Whalen and barden are? Are you kidding me

We're talking about the same league that drafted Ryan Leaf in the first round, and missed on Kurt Warner for years. Yeah, I think many quality players slip through the cracks.

Well, on the bright-side, seems most teams in the NFL are banged up.  The number of big name injuries is staggering and seems unprecedented.

Most of the big dogs in the AFC, at least, are licking their wounds and we're only approaching mid-season.  Plenty of games left for the casualties to pile up!

Maybe we're still good enough, sans Reggie Wayne, to claim HFA throughout the play-offs in a diluted AFC.  Depends on who's still standing come January.

The NFL in 2013 has been a war of attrition!

I don't think resigning their own players counts against a team in calculating compensatory picks.

That was my understanding as well. Resigning players does not count toward compensatory picks. Only new incoming free agents versus free agents lost.