Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Montori Hughes Progress

Bluefire4

2013 Draft :colts:

B. Werner: Playing well until injury bug bit him, future OLB star. Gonna take time since he's never played OLB before, but gonna be a good pick down the road

Vontae Davis: Our BEST CB hands down

Hugh Thornton: Starting guard next year definitely

Khaled Holmes: Our future center possibly. Grigson doesn't approve of starting rookie offensive linemen & battling a bit of an injury

Montori Hughes: Project player like Josh McNary & Daniel

Justice Cunningham: Possible #3 TE next season or even this season if we promote him

John Boyett: Blew his chance with criminal activity

K Willy: Possible future RB

That's not a bad draft at all

What injury does Khaled Holmes have? he's been back for over 2 months since the last preseason game and has practiced every day since, don't know where people are getting this khaled Holmes mystery injury from

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What injury does Khaled Holmes have? he's been back for over 2 months since the last preseason game and has practiced every day since, don't know where people are getting this khaled Holmes mystery injury from

So his ankle is fully healed? I thought it was still bothering him? Well that's even better, now he can starting preparing to unseat Satele next season

Tell me where I'm wrong

No one is saying saying you're wrong, its just the fact that you wanna jump the gun 8 weeks into the season and make the statement that all of our picks are busts. How many years have you been watching football for?

Haloti Ngata is twice as quick as Hughes. Hughes played like a big blob NT in preseason and couldn't get off blocks when rushing in nickel. Hope he is really Is improving like the DL coach says he is. But from looking at the preseason he is no Ngata and looks more of a NT to me

I wouldn't say twice as quick looking at the combine results but no argument Ngata is better physically, stronger and more explosive. The only thing Hughes has on him is the 3-cone. 

I wouldn't say twice as quick looking at the combine results but no argument Ngata is better physically, stronger and more explosive. The only thing Hughes has on him is the 3-cone.

I didn't mean it as flat out speed, I meant Ngata has that quick twitch that makes him so unique and able to play multiple positions across the line, Hughes has it somewhat but it is nowhere on Ngata's level as of now hopefully he can get there someday, I believe he can because I seen flashes of it in preseason.

I didn't mean it as flat out speed, I meant Ngata has that quick twitch that makes him so unique and able to play multiple positions across the line, Hughes has it somewhat but it is nowhere on Ngata's level as of now hopefully he can get there someday, I believe he can because I seen flashes of it in preseason.

Got you, wasn't disagreeing with you. I doubt he will ever reach Ngata level but he could still be a solid player if he gets his behind into gear and knuckles down. Seems it's been the story of his career thus far, talented but lazy. 

Haloti Ngata is twice as quick as Hughes. Hughes played like a big blob NT in preseason and couldn't get off blocks when rushing in nickel. Hope he is really Is improving like the DL coach says he is. But from looking at the preseason he is no Ngata and looks more of a NT to me

Yeah I wasn't giving you my opinion or views. Was just saying what Pagano and the coaching staff has been saying since they drafted him. Ngata is a flat out beast. We could only hope we see a glimmer of that.

When Redding retires, we should hire him as our motivational speaker.

Heck yeah! I worked out with some guys like him in the past. Was fun and pretty crazy till one time I was repping out deadlifts and I started to turtle head. So I dropped the weight and he started yelling at me " what the hell you drop that weight for" I said bro, I almost crapped my pants, he said " you crap your damn pants" lol, good times

Heck yeah! I worked out with some guys like him in the past. Was fun and pretty crazy till one time I was repping out deadlifts and I started to turtle head. So I dropped the weight and he started yelling at me " what the hell you drop that weight for" I said bro, I almost crapped my pants, he said " you crap your damn pants" lol, good times

Disgustingly funny ;). I hear you bro. 

2013 Draft :colts:

B. Werner: Playing well until injury bug bit him, future OLB star. Gonna take time since he's never played OLB before, but gonna be a good pick down the road

Vontae Davis: Our BEST CB hands down

Hugh Thornton: Starting guard next year definitely

Khaled Holmes: Our future center possibly. Grigson doesn't approve of starting rookie offensive linemen & battling a bit of an injury

Montori Hughes: Project player like Josh McNary & Daniel

Justice Cunningham: Possible #3 TE next season or even this season if we promote him

John Boyett: Blew his chance with criminal activity

K Willy: Possible future RB

That's not a bad draft at all

williams is a charger

Since this has turned into a "let's all judge the 2013 draft way too early" thread, I'll give my thoughts.

Werner - Has done far better in his first few games than Freeney did.  Not saying he'll be as good as Dwight, just pointing out how foolish it is to jump to conclusions this early.  I think he'll be a very solid starter.

Thornton - Stepped in because of injury and has done well.  I'd like to think he'd be starting at RG if it weren't for the Thomas injury.

Holmes - Haven't seen him play yet so too early to judge.  My hope is that he can take over for Satele next year.  Would be hard to be much worse.

Hughes - This guy was drafted due to potential.  That potential is still there, but it will take some time to develop that.  It may never happen, but we can revisit in about 2 years to see how this risk panned out.

Cunningham, Boyett, Williams - I'll group them together and I don't see any of them making any impact.  Typical result for 6th and 7th round picks.

Overall this isn't the slam dunk last year's draft class was, but it's miles ahead of Polian's last few drafts.  Throw in the fact that Davis was essentially our 2nd round pick and the draft looks excellent.  That's 2 solid starters, 1 top 5 in the league at his position starter, 2 unknowns, and 3 that will have no impact.  Not bad at all.

is it just me or is no one from our draft really panning out. werner is average so is thronton. hughes and holmes havent played. boyett and williams were cut. cunningham is on ps

Just you. They are all panning out at this point in their first few games in the NFL.

Check back in the middle of year two.

Since this has turned into a "let's all judge the 2013 draft way too early" thread, I'll give my thoughts.

Werner - Has done far better in his first few games than Freeney did.  Not saying he'll be as good as Dwight, just pointing out how foolish it is to jump to conclusions this early.  I think he'll be a very solid starter.

Thornton - Stepped in because of injury and has done well.  I'd like to think he'd be starting at RG if it weren't for the Thomas injury.

Holmes - Haven't seen him play yet so too early to judge.  My hope is that he can take over for Satele next year.  Would be hard to be much worse.

Hughes - This guy was drafted due to potential.  That potential is still there, but it will take some time to develop that.  It may never happen, but we can revisit in about 2 years to see how this risk panned out.

Cunningham, Boyett, Williams - I'll group them together and I don't see any of them making any impact.  Typical result for 6th and 7th round picks.

Overall this isn't the slam dunk last year's draft class was, but it's miles ahead of Polian's last few drafts.  Throw in the fact that Davis was essentially our 2nd round pick and the draft looks excellent.  That's 2 solid starters, 1 top 5 in the league at his position starter, 2 unknowns, and 3 that will have no impact.  Not bad at all.

They didn't start Freeney the first part of his rookie year but he did end up with 41 tackles and 13 sacks. For some reason they started the 7th round pick ( Rahem Brock) that Philly didn't end up signing

Just you. They are all panning out at this point in their first few games in the NFL.

Check back in the middle of year two.

only two of them have seen the field and another two have already been cut. how is that panning out

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not trying to be snarky to you, but anyone who thinks they can judge a draft after 7 weeks, or even 16 games, obviously doesn't understand the NFL.

Nobody was excited about Ballard after week 7 last year, but by year's end it was a different story.

We got Spoiled last year because Grigson hit a homerun with his draft. You aren't going to do that every year. With that said Werner gets an incomplete right now because of the time he's missed due to injury. Thornton has payed very well for rookie playing a different spit on the line than they intended him to play. Holmes we haven't really seen yet since he's still a rookie you can't hold that against him too much. Hughes plays a poistion where most rookie guys have to get bigger at before they can truly have an impact.

Beyond those guys you are dealing with late round picks that if you get anything out of its pure bonus. Cunningham has provided some depth which is fine for where he was drafted. I think Howell emerging and boyetts legal issue means the colts have moved in from him. They released Williams from the PS which tells they are done with him too. Either he wasn't what they thought he was when drafted or when they traded for t-rich it changed what they wanted running backs to be. It also dine help him that he didn't pan out as a return man either.

We didn't draft a bunch of offensive players like we did last year. Offensive players generally make more of an impact as rookies. Plus the defensive players we drafted this year are mostly for backup positions and generally take longer to develop.

We didn't draft a bunch of offensive players like we did last year. Offensive players generally make more of an impact as rookies. Plus the defensive players we drafted this year are mostly for backup positions and generally take longer to develop.

Imo, the Andrew Luck draft class was building the foundation. Last year's draft was adding pieces for the long run if they panned out. And with the pieces we added in FA, we can afford to have a few of those draft picks be misses.

For example, Laron Landry and the emergence of Howell, we don't need John Boyett.

Jack Doyle obviously is liked by the coaches so far, so he very well could be #3 when Dwayne Allen gets back.

K Willy was just victim to injury fire. Due to all of our RB injuries, his time to grow in the NFL got cut short with the Trent Richardson trade and the emergence of Donald Brown

Bet they started Raheem because Dwight was poor against the run. Caugh! Caugh!

Could be , I can't remember what I ate last night , yet alone the thinking on this 12 years ago. Anyway , I'm not down on the 2013 draft class or Werner. Just commenting that Freeney showed that he was going to be a monster pass rusher in his first season. What the heck is a caugh ?

Could be , I can't remember what I ate last night , yet alone the thinking on this 12 years ago. Anyway , I'm not down on the 2013 draft class or Werner. Just commenting that Freeney showed that he was going to be a monster pass rusher in his first season. What the heck is a caugh ?

Ha ha. ANOTHER brain fart. I thought that A looked funny. May we have an O please?

Yes, 13 sacks did show Promise. :)

Ha ha. ANOTHER brain fart. I thought that A looked funny. May we have an O please?

Yes, 13 sacks did show Promise. :)

I'm glad you were such a good sport about that. I was laughing out loud and just had to break your stones . You made my day.

Not trying to be snarky to you, but anyone who thinks they can judge a draft after 7 weeks, or even 16 games, obviously doesn't understand the NFL.

So I guess that means any proclamations to the contrary, like saying this was a good draft, are way too premature, as well.

Wow O wow! I can depend on this forum everyday to read something so ridiculous it's almost sad to think anybody actually really feels that way. Judging this draft this early is beyond ignorant, I can't even think of a word that describes just how incredibly stupid that is. None of us and I mean absolutely NONE of us have any idea what so ever how this draft class is gonna pan out. All I can say for sure right now, is that Thornton looks like a real keeper. A lot of rookie's don't see the field much in their rookie seasons, especially those that weren't drafted in the 1st 2 rds.. It takes at least 3 full yrs. to accurately judge a draft class, so 7 games in is pointless to even try.

So I guess that means any proclamations to the contrary, like saying this was a good draft, are way too premature, as well.

IMO, yes.

Does anyone seriously think otherwise? We're not talking about evaluating weekly performance, we're talking about a draft class.

Hughes will be Reddings replacement and play the same role Ngata does for the Ravens. It takes a year or two for d-linemen to get use to the speed of the game and the tricks the veteran o-lineman do. Dontari Poe struggled his rookie year and this year he's playing great. I think Hughes will split time with Redding next year and eventually be a full time starter midway through next season.

Yeah, what do they know?

Over the years I've seen guys be praised..

Practice and contributing during games are toe different levels.

I remember when Vincent Burns was suppose to be a stud.

But I believe in Grigson.

Was never a fan of Polian. But he did bring us Manning and Wayne.. And freeney.

Hughes will be Reddings replacement and play the same role Ngata does for the Ravens. It takes a year or two for d-linemen to get use to the speed of the game and the tricks the veteran o-lineman do. Dontari Poe struggled his rookie year and this year he's playing great. I think Hughes will split time with Redding next year and eventually be a full time starter midway through next season.

Glad to see you got this thread back on track. Well said. I believe that's the long term plan.

Even though he wasn't very impressive in the preseason, I liked his attitude. In one game the coaches pulled him because he was hurt and a short time after that he was lobbying them to get back in the game. He has talent and desire. Now he needs to learn the position.

Glad to see you got this thread back on track. Well said. I believe that's the long term plan.

Even though he wasn't very impressive in the preseason, I liked his attitude. In one game the coaches pulled him because he was hurt and a short time after that he was lobbying them to get back in the game. He has talent and desire. Now he needs to learn the position.

Even though he is not playing you see him on the sidelines all the time interacting with the players. High fives, chest bumps, getting them all jacked up. I like his attitude and shows he's close with them team.

We didn't have a lot of picks this year. When later round guys don't work out, it's not a sign that the draft was bad. All of our first four picks were trench guys, who can take time to really contribute. Especially when they are playing behind vets who came in as free agents.

We didn't have a lot of picks this year. When later round guys don't work out, it's not a sign that the draft was bad. All of our first four picks were trench guys, who can take time to really contribute. Especially when they are playing behind vets who came in as free agents.

If they didn't like this one , wait till they see the one coming up.