Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All the josh gordon trade talk

colts_100nascar17fan

There's a risk with all the rumored WRs

Britt
The risk is quite simple! He's a headache and flat out isnt worth anything let alone a high pick to a division rival!

Gordon

The risk is his suspension. Would be dumb to trade away a 2nd if he gets busted.

Nicks

He's got bad injury history and but the Colts should attack his bad contract year.

If anything Nicks would be a decent option cause we could probably get him for a 5th then re-sign him if he performs!

If it was my choice I wouldnt take any though!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say, Josh Gordon at 22, Trent Richardson at 23, and Andrew Luck at 24 sounds like a good future to me.

It sure does.  :thmup:

People need to look at the opportunity rather than the obstacle. He has an extreme upside.

There are gambles all the time with every draft single draft pick.

He even has proved himself at the age of 22. Should be more than enough. Rarely seen.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ridgers is a good route runner

If Rodgers has cleaned up the knucklehead act he will be on the active roster soon if no moves are made. If not, who knows.

Rogers must be a talent since no one can seem to spell his name right.

Rogers must be a talent since no one can seem to spell his name right.

I cant believe I derped that lol. Hes a great talent, problem is he was an absolute knucklehead. Dropped from first round to undrafted based entirely on attitude. Hes on the practice squad now, the question is if the attitude is fixed. If it is we have a surprise top talent WR gem hidden in our ranks. If not, well see Whalen again, which sucks.

Britt

The risk is quite simple! He's a headache and flat out isnt worth anything let alone a high pick to a division rival!

Gordon

The risk is his suspension. Would be dumb to trade away a 2nd if he gets busted.

Nicks

He's got bad injury history and but the Colts should attack his bad contract year.

If anything Nicks would be a decent option cause we could probably get him for a 5th then re-sign him if he performs!

There's no way we could get Nicks for a 5th. The Giants would get a 3rd round compensation pick if he walked in free agency.

Britt

Gordon

Nicks

Nicks hasnt missed more than 3 games in a season

this looks like when Jeremy mcclin was a rumor...people keep saying "he is not that good a 5th should be enough"...i wonder if they had seen them play.  Giants would be stupid to send it for anything lower than a 3rd..he is a sure legit #1

Guest TeamLoloJones

the end result is we dont have the firepower anyway to get gordon. im sure some teams have already discussed a 1 with cleveland. dont try to outbid for gordon either cause im surely not giving more than a 2. that's bad enough as is.

Another thought is Cleveland might not want to trade us a player that will make us better and make the pick they got for TRich a worse pick.

if that's the case, the colts have no shot at landing him. How many picks do the pats have next year?

Not entirely certain, but I doubt they go over a third round, second tops. Belichick refuses to part with first rounders ever, regardless of the talent.

Also its just the rumor. The rumor is the three teams in negotiations with the Browns are San Fran, Indy, and NE. Still, it was mostly just to balk at the claim NE isnt interested.

Time to settle this argument once and for all!

I am willing to part that if the Colts do infact trade for Gordon I will support him and hope for the best. I also realize the issue which is at hand and the risk he brings coming to the Colts organization. He better come here with his head on straight! 

I will do so if yall are willing to give Brazill and Rogers a chance. My god they havent even played quality snaps and yet they are already being written off like garbage. 

Sometimes the best approach is waiting

I am willing to part that if the Colts do infact trade for Gordon I will support him and hope for the best. I also realize the issue which is at hand and the risk he brings coming to the Colts organization. He better come here with his head on straight!

I will do so if yall are willing to give Brazill and Rogers a chance. My god they havent even played quality snaps and yet they are already being written off like garbage.

Honestly if you are worried about Gordon's problems, you should be just as worried about Brazill. He has multiple drug strikes against him too, and has just come off his suspension for it. Brazill needs to prove he can actually run a route. I dont mind the Rogers idea, but his attitude problems are why he got cut from the Bills, so who knows if hes even coachable.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Can't really wait when the trade deadline is next Tuesday.

Gordon is a STUD, Cleveland will get a 1 for him IF they wish to move him...   and if they do, they are truly clueless.

Gordon is a multi caught Mary Jane violator. He was caught with weed with a teammate and also failed drug test later. The team indefinitely suspended him and he transfers to another, but fails to declare for supplemental draft in time.  So he sits out a year and is the only guy taken, as a huge risk, for a second round pick in the 2012 supplemental draft. Has decent rookie year, but dabbled in banned substances some more and is Suspended to begin 2013. This whole scenario scream ticking time bomb and I want no part of it. Granted, this league isn't all full of Angels, but he hasn't even hit his lowest point yet, and I don't want it happening as a member of the Colts Franchise. Let the Browns guard the bed he makes.  We will have more injuries and we need the little cap room we have to deal with that, not blow picks and cap cash on a d00d who is just as likely to sit in a room for a year puffin away with bro's while his team suffers his absence. Pass, without blinking.

Guest TeamLoloJones

No sorry needed, I'm glad someone else understands this.

(It appears Lolo has now commented on this as well)

haha...yeah sorry

Browns CEO Joe Banner was noncommittal on the possibility of a Josh Gordon trade, but insisted he'd be "completely shocked" if Gordon were dealt before the October 29 deadline.

The deadline is next Tuesday at 4PM ET. "If you’re in this long enough, you learn to never say anything absolute, because then something comes up and you look like you lied," Banner said. "I personally — and I think anybody here — would be completely shocked if we ended up trading him. Josh is playing great. He’s working his butt off." National media reports generally say a Gordon trade is possible, but likely will not happen. We still wouldn't bet against it.

Another thought is Cleveland might not want to trade us a player that will make us better and make the pick they got for TRich a worse pick.

adam shefter said as much, nice take on this TeamLoJones!!! Your post came before his .... lol, nice! I totally agree, they wouldn't dare make that trade, they already think TRich is going to cost us positions in the draft to their favor according to popular rumor and innuendo. Also, Mortensen pretty much said this whole thing was dead. I don't think Grigson has anything left in the draft-pick tank nor the free agency tank. We already have so many players with crushing injuries and it's ANYONE's guess if those really bad injuries will permanently affect their effectiveness coming back. It's likely many will be affected and never be the same, which translates to that we NEED DRAFT PICKS to replace them!!!!!!

We have linemen, whether or not you think they are good or not. We literally dont have wide recievers to even field past this season. What good is a healthy QB if he has nobody to throw to?

You are downplaying the problems we have on the O-Line.  It's not a matter of him "thinking they are not good" ... everyone watching, fans and analysts alike know our line (specifically middle right) is not good.

Fleener is a TE, not a WR. Hes also not even the starter going forward. You need a #1 wr in this league to keep safeties honest, and open up tight ends. You also need at least 4 wr on the roster. Indy next year potentially only has 2. Do you not see how grossly undermanned and undertalneted the WR corp is?

Regardless of whether Fleener is labeled a TE or a WR his primary job is receiving which amounts to receiving depth even if not from the WR position. You dont think defenses have to account for Graham, Gronk, Gates, etc as receiving threats?  And you don't know what the starting line-up will be coming out of the bye week without Wayne.

Honestly if you are worried about Gordon's problems, you should be just as worried about Brazill. He has multiple drug strikes against him too, and has just come off his suspension for it. Brazill needs to prove he can actually run a route. I dont mind the Rogers idea, but his attitude problems are why he got cut from the Bills, so who knows if hes even coachable.

Many are not as worried about Brazill and Rogers similar problems because we have very little invested in them.

You seem confident that can just toss Cleveland our 2nd round pick and they will send us Gordon.  I don't want to give up another high pick; let alone multiple draft picks.  But also what is Cleveland's incentive???.  They devalue both the 1st round pick they already got from us plus any other picks we give them in 2014, anyone else offering the similar compensation will be a much more attractive trade partner .... and If they are after a new QB he will need weapons.  I just don't see Cleveland being as motivated to give Gordon up for cheap as many here think they are.

You say we don't have WRs to field past this season, but I don't buy it...  1) That assumes no one on our Roster steps up ... 2) Hopefully we get Reggie back next season ... 3) DHB - if he turns it on in the second half of the season we pay him and are sitting pretty; if he plays at his current level (which is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be) than we bring him back for a cap friendly contract if need be ... 4) We will get DA back next year and will be able to run a vicious 2 TE set opening up all kinds of options ... 5) Worst case scenario we have to get a WR in Draft or FA like Maclin/Decker or Nicks/Britt/etc (after we get to see how they perform/behave the rest of the season and without giving up draft picks) ... or even rent Boldin for a year or two.

I hate that we lost Reggie and believe we are capable of making a SB run, but you are overreacting, our receiving situation is not as bad as you are making it out to be. 

We are not Denver, Dallas, New England, etc who need to gamble, overpay, mortgage future drafts, etc... to win now, because their windows to win a SB are closing. Our window is just starting to open; we don't need to be in panic mode, we have plenty of time to build smart.

How bout we play Rogers and Brazill instead and keep draft pick! Yep! Sounds good to me!

Gordon has more talent then both of those 2 guys combined. If you can get a young proven NFL talent for a draft pick you take it. point. blank. period. end of discussion. you don't pass that up because you want to be an old stickler about draft picks and then when draft time comes around you are guessing is all you're doing, any pick you make could be the biggest bust of all time. Jerry Hughes ring a bell? Ben Ijalana? even Donald Brown didn't exactly pan out. Gordon is the perfect guy to have Luck grow up with. those 2 would break many, many records. you will get no1 even close to the level of Gordon in the 2nd round next year n you can book that n take it all the way to bank. There is multiple people in here telling you why doing the trade would be a good idea but you just don't want to admit that you're wrong. That's fine but we actually know what were talking about.. Rodgers has already been cut from one team and Brazil is fresh off a suspension with almost virtually no experience against the #1s. And that's who you want to put out in the lions den in the middle of the season when we have legitimate super bowl aspirations ? please tell me who we could possibly take next year in the 2nd round that would just make our team worlds better... our O-line is fine. D. Thomas will be back next year and Khaled Holmes deserves a chance to show what hes got. Thornton is good. And Castonzo and Cherilus are the 2 best on the line. were loaded at RB. our defense is as stacked as its ever been from the front all the way to the back with solid depth. CB and MLB is our biggest concerns but Grigson has already shown hes a master at finding GEMS. and there is always Free Agency which Grigson has also shown he loves to play in. so please explain yourself...