Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All the josh gordon trade talk

colts_100nascar17fan

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... If you can get a young proven NFL talent for a draft pick you take it. point. blank. period. end of discussion. you don't pass that up because you want to be an old stickler about draft picks....

If it was that "cut and dry" than surely a WR needy team like the Patriots or SF (who is loaded with picks in 2014) would jump at the chance to trade even a 1st round pick (or more) for Gordon; since "the draft is basically just a guessing game."

Since I have not seen that trade happen I have to assume 1 of 2 things: 1) Cleveland turned down their 1st/2nd round trade offers, in which case we don't really have a chance of getting him anyway -OR- 2) Teams do not think the risk associated with Gordon is worth a high draft pick in which case i guess they are all being "old sticklers about draft picks"

I don't know what teams are thinking its not like Gordon is a risk who is one slip up away from a year suspension or anything ... oh wait .. !?!

By your logic we should look to trade all of our draft picks away every year for "proven players" (Even high risk ones) and just skip the draft ... No team has ever failed trying that approach.

I am unsure as to where the confidence in the WR besides Hilton comes from? Da'rick can't even make the active roster. For some reason this board seems to absorbed with Whalen, who also can't get on the active roster.

Reggie masked deficiencies in the WR corp that I think will be exposed with him out.

I'm all for making a move and bringing in a proven skilled WR. Gordon is worrisome because of the possible yr suspension. Britt would be the best choice IMO, out of the 3names that keep floating around

There seems to be a lot of risk going with Gordon. The payoff could be great if he worked out, but his past history suggests that he won't. He doesn't seem to get the message. He is young and I do think Pagano would have a positive effect on him, as would Luck. But on the other hand there is only so much a person can do to help someone out and I am sure there have been positive influences on his life in the past that were unable to change him. The fact that Gordon is a repeat offender is very concerning and in the end I would rather not mess with it.

Nicks is made of glass and wouldn't be worth trading for unless he came very cheap. Britt is just a head-case that is not really even worth mentioning because the Colts are better off without him. While the trade deadline is coming up soon I believe and I hope that the Colts are just going to stick with who we have. Put Rogers and Whalen out there and see if they can at least make up partially for the loss of Wayne.

If it was that "cut and dry" than surely a WR needy team like the Patriots or SF (who is loaded with picks in 2014) would jump at the chance to trade even a 1st round pick (or more) for Gordon; since "the draft is basically just a guessing game."

Since I have not seen that trade happen I have to assume 1 of 2 things: 1) Cleveland turned down their 1st/2nd round trade offers, in which case we don't really have a chance of getting him anyway -OR- 2) Teams do not think the risk associated with Gordon is worth a high draft pick in which case i guess they are all being "old sticklers about draft picks"

I don't know what teams are thinking its not like Gordon is a risk who is one slip up away from a year suspension or anything ... oh wait .. !?!

By your logic we should look to trade all of our draft picks away every year for "proven players" (Even high risk ones) and just skip the draft ... No team has ever failed trying that approach.

ok first off buddy before you think youre getting smart or somethin... the patriots have never been a team to trade really high draft picks and SF has guys coming back off of injuries very soon and they know this.. theyre winning without the guys injured so they know theyll be fine and they already have a solid #1 WR but even said that im pretty sure the 9ers have already offered them draft picks for Gordon. And if the Browns turned down offers its very possible that theyre just milking it out to see exactly how much they can get out of their stud WR. And i never once stated that we should trade away our draft picks every year so dont try to put words in my mouth, im saying, when there is a young guy of 22 years old that is a proven talent in the NFL and he is up for trade you jump all over the oppurtunity and dont think twice about it. Gordon does have risk, alot of players in the NFL do, but Gordons talent level and his body size and the position he plays is just far too high to overlook.

The D isn't loaded. We still have plenty of work. Need a better ILB next to Freeman. Angerer and Conner might not be back next year. Need to start looking DE for Redding replacement.

Having a WR doesn't instantly make us SB contenders. We will contend regardless but team needs work.

Gordon has more talent then both of those 2 guys combined. If you can get a young proven NFL talent for a draft pick you take it. point. blank. period. end of discussion. you don't pass that up because you want to be an old stickler about draft picks and then when draft time comes around you are guessing is all you're doing, any pick you make could be the biggest bust of all time. Jerry Hughes ring a bell? Ben Ijalana? even Donald Brown didn't exactly pan out. Gordon is the perfect guy to have Luck grow up with. those 2 would break many, many records. you will get no1 even close to the level of Gordon in the 2nd round next year n you can book that n take it all the way to bank. There is multiple people in here telling you why doing the trade would be a good idea but you just don't want to admit that you're wrong. That's fine but we actually know what were talking about.. Rodgers has already been cut from one team and Brazil is fresh off a suspension with almost virtually no experience against the #1s. And that's who you want to put out in the lions den in the middle of the season when we have legitimate super bowl aspirations ? please tell me who we could possibly take next year in the 2nd round that would just make our team worlds better... our O-line is fine. D. Thomas will be back next year and Khaled Holmes deserves a chance to show what hes got. Thornton is good. And Castonzo and Cherilus are the 2 best on the line. were loaded at RB. our defense is as stacked as its ever been from the front all the way to the back with solid depth. CB and MLB is our biggest concerns but Grigson has already shown hes a master at finding GEMS. and there is always Free Agency which Grigson has also shown he loves to play in. so please explain yourself...

We are growing and will soon take over this forum for the good of all mankind...The days of rose colored glasses and blindly following everything coaching staff does are almost over...Indiana is starting to become a FOOTBALL state as this forum is slowly becoming more adept at understanding the NFL welcome to the club we are getting stronger by the day..

If you understand how the NFL works with the salary cap you would see NOW is the time to take those risks!! 2 years from now the draft will be key and essential to replenishing talent..Right now we have the QB of a generation under a rookie CBA deal and the time will come before we know it he will have to get paid along with Ballard, Costanzo, Allen, Fleenor, Butler, Davis etc, etc...We will be in the same position as Baltimore-Flacco, Green Bay-Rodgers, Atlanta-Ryan, Denver-Manning, NYG-Manning,New Orleans -Brees, where we have to devote a big chunk of the cap for 1 position qb and hope they can carry us despite young unproven players at key positions...The next few years are the one's we can field the most talented team all around and be a juggernaut and we need to go all in.....We will always be relevent and in the playoffs and in contention with Luck, but we have a short window where we can be all-time special and great...

If you understand how the NFL works with the salary cap you would see NOW is the time to take those risks!! 2 years from now the draft will be key and essential to replenishing talent..Right now we have the QB of a generation under a rookie CBA deal and the time will come before we know it he will have to get paid along with Ballard, Costanzo, Allen, Fleenor, Butler, Davis etc, etc...We will be in the same position as Baltimore-Flacco, Green Bay-Rodgers, Atlanta-Ryan, Denver-Manning, NYG-Manning,New Orleans -Brees, where we have to devote a big chunk of the cap for 1 position qb and hope they can carry us despite young unproven players at key positions...The next few years are the one's we can field the most talented team all around and be a juggernaut and we need to go all in.....We will always be relevent and in the playoffs and in contention with Luck, but we have a short window where we can be all-time special and great...

SMART MAN

Why in the world would the browns want to help us get better? They dont want the pick we sent them for Richardson to be in the late twenties. They want us to lose every game the rest of the way. It is HIGHLY unlikely they would trade us Gordon for a second to begin with. Think about it

Why in the world would the browns want to help us get better? They dont want the pick we sent them for Richardson to be in the late twenties. They want us to lose every game the rest of the way. It is HIGHLY unlikely they would trade us Gordon for a second to begin with. Think about it

They want us to, but it's not going to happen.

WR is one of the the least important position in the NFL.

Unless they drop multiple balls that can decide games..see San Diego game for reference...what is important?? Big catches and drops changed super bowls if I remember right?? New York Giants and Patriots could school you on that fact....We should just stand pact and leave our fate to Griff Whalen I guess...

Shhhhhh....don't tell them that, they r the Browns and don't know any better....

Guest TeamLoloJones

WR is one of the the least important position in the NFL.

Does Joe Flacco win a Superbowl without Boldin?  I think not.

Manziel is there only hope, the dude will be a boss wherever he goes and make them relevant..I personally hope they get Mariota or Bridgewater and the follies will continue...That city and stadium are pure hellholes and no FA or rookie wants to go there trust me I know I've experienced it...

Manziel is there only hope, the dude will be a boss wherever he goes and make them relevant..I personally hope they get Mariota or Bridgewater and the follies will continue...That city and stadium are pure hellholes and no FA or rookie wants to go there trust me I know I've experienced it...

I hope they get Bridgewater as well... that means the Jags luckily wouldn't have gotten him.

I really hope they draft Johnny football. He has bust written all over him

of coarse they do. Why wouldn't they?

I think when they traded us Richardson, they thought our season wasn't going to be that good, based on the two games we played. I think they're starting to regret it now that we have a 5-2 record, dominating the AFC south, and can use TRich in tons of different ways.

Next year this time I will be accepting all apologies on Manziel, Russell Wilson couldn't carry his Jock strap..This dude is Joe Namath and Jim Mcmahon with actual talent....Just cause he is cocky and u are offended by this doesn't mean he isn't for real..I've watched him plenty, and no college football player dominates and carries a team like him , and if u don't know the dude can throw from the pocket just as well as Brees in his Purdue days but he get's bored...Manziel is a star just watch..

I think when they traded us Richardson, they thought our season wasn't going to be that good, based on the two games we played. I think they're starting to regret it now that we have a 5-2 record, dominating the AFC south, and can use TRich in tons of different ways.

? That doesn't change the fact they want us to fail the remainder of the season

Next year this time I will be accepting all apologies on Manziel, Russell Wilson couldn't carry his Jock strap..This dude is Joe Namath and Jim Mcmahon with actual talent....Just cause he is cocky and u are offended by this doesn't mean he isn't for real..I've watched him plenty, and no college football player dominates and carries a team like him , and if u don't know the dude can throw from the pocket just as well as Brees in his Purdue days but he get's bored...Manziel is a star just watch..

Ryan leaf head in Doug fluties body