Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All the josh gordon trade talk

colts_100nascar17fan

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Gordon, he has everything you look for in a WR. Big and strong, pace to burn, 6'3 and solid hands in traffic. Could develop into something really special. We could use him going deep and underneath.

I think we could definitely rely on him for 1000+ yard season, and eventually much more. Get. Him. Now.

I don't want him. Too much risk plus we need to shore up our OL in the draft before luck gets killed. I think our WRs we have can and will step up big. We'll b fine

We have plenty of cap room to sign a few key free agents...Richardson, Gordon, and a center and Ilb in FA is way better than anything we could have gotten in the draft picking late....2015 is the draft we need to focus on..We have plenty of young guys who will keep getting better..

Schefter is reporting that the Browns are asking for a "high pick," and it is believed that the 49ers 1st-rounder has already been discussed.

That seems strange considering the 9'ers balked at paying a 3rd rounder for him a few weeks ago. Maybe the trade deadline looming is leading to some strongarm negotiations.

I think the Colts will be fine. The next man up has worked pretty well for them this season. Keeping the draft picks are more important because of the needs on the offensive line. Getting a good offensive linemen as a free agent is very expensive. Draft an offinsive linemen and see if he is worth the big money after he earns his rookie contract.

I think the Colts will be fine. The next man up has worked pretty well for them this season. Keeping the draft picks are more important because of the needs on the offensive line. Getting a good offensive linemen as a free agent is very expensive. Draft an offinsive linemen and see if he is worth the big money after he earns his rookie contract.

WR is a bigger need than OL at this point. There could very well only be 2 left on the roster after this year. Pull the trigger on a trade if you can before the deadline to ease the pain of searching for WR in the offseason.

This is not a next man up scenario as there are literally no men left to step up after these last 3.

WR is a bigger need than OL at this point. There could very well only be 2 left on the roster after this year. Pull the trigger on a trade if you can before the deadline to ease the pain of searching for WR in the offseason.

This is not a next man up scenario as there are literally no men left to step up after these last 3.

Draft picks are more importand in my opinion. I understand we lost Wayne but trading the rest of our draft picks for a quick fix never works out. We have very few picks now and the picks we have needs to be used on linemen. Luck getting chased and hit all the time will sooner or later take a toll. Keeping Lucks heath is more important that picking up a WR at any point.

Draft picks are more importand in my opinion. I understand we lost Wayne but trading the rest of our draft picks for a quick fix never works out. We have very few picks now and the picks we have needs to be used on linemen. Luck getting chased and hit all the time will sooner or later take a toll. Keeping Lucks heath is more important that picking up a WR at any point.

We have linemen, whether or not you think they are good or not. We literally dont have wide recievers to even field past this season. What good is a healthy QB if he has nobody to throw to?

We have linemen, whether or not you think they are good or not. We literally dont have wide recievers to even field past this season. What good is a healthy QB if he has nobody to throw to?

Fleener and Hilton arent exactly nobody! Just because you want an all star WR on this team doesnt mean its gonna happen. It's gonna take more than Gordon on this team to win the SB and that's not a focus at all to me.

Fleener and Hilton arent exactly nobody! Just because you want an all star WR on this team doesnt mean its gonna happen. It's gonna take more than Gordon on this team to win the SB and that's not a focus at all to me.

Fleener is a TE, not a WR. Hes also not even the starter going forward. You need a #1 wr in this league to keep safeties honest, and open up tight ends. You also need at least 4 wr on the roster. Indy next year potentially only has 2. Do you not see how grossly undermanned and undertalneted the WR corp is?

Winning the SB is not a focus for you?  :scratch:  :scratch:

Going into panic mode and trading away another high pick for a WR isnt a focus for me.

Its not panic mode. Its addressing the most pressing need the team has both now and going forward. Look how Tom Brady has struggled without legitimate recievers. It doesnt matter how good your QB is if he has nobody to catch the ball. The colts at this point dont even have the minimum number of bodies as eligible WR for an NFL team, let alone someone capable of drawing and beating double coverage to open up the passing game. Its a huge problem.

Going into panic mode and trading away another high pick for a WR isnt a focus for me.

It isn't panic mode. He's a proven WR at the age of 22. How rare is that? He has an average of 90 yards per game with Weeden or Hoyer throwing to him.

That's talent. It's not a panic move.

Some of you are missing the point here!

Injuries are gonna effect teams all of the time!

We dont need to trade a high pick for a need anytime someone gets hurt

Have we totally forgotten NEXT MAN UP?

I think you are missing the point that the team is running out of next men up.

Some of you are missing the point here!

Injuries are gonna effect teams all of the time!

We dont need to trade a high pick for a need anytime someone gets hurt

Have we totally forgotten NEXT MAN UP?

Next man up only applies when there are men to bring up. In this case when you consider styles of play, there is nobody on the roster, even to a lesser extent. We dont have a good route running reciever or big bodied target to draw double covrage.

In this scenario, next man up is useless. There is no next man, because the roster is too thin at the position.

The issue that many aren't paying any attention to is his possible suspension status.

I have NO interest in a guy who could be suspended for an entire year before he ever plays for us. Much less giving up a high pick for him.

He's been an issue for quite some time and that in itself should be enough to stay away from him.

We already have needs on the D and OG that not having a selection til the 3rd round will be a massive challenge

im curious

who are some of the guard/center/dline/ free agents next year

Center is probably off the table. We have a young hopeful on the roster already in Khaleed Holmes. Plenty of choices at guard if Grigs chooses to pursue that route, though we should be okay once the IR heals up. WR is really the biggest hole.

The D isnt brilliant! It has shown improvements sure but we still need to address the D. Focusing on the D will win us a SB not getting all star WRs.

We're the 6th best D allowing points for the opponents. We've played Denver, Seattle, 9'ers, San Diego...

C'mon, everybody knows our D is really good.