Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

gabbert will take more chances down the field against us.

Stephen

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes, you are correct.  They are going to try to test our secondary.  If we get a bunch of flags thrown on us early, watch out, the Jags will be in the game, and then some.

I wish someone on the Jags would disrespect the Colts or the media was still bashing the Colts so we were mad and let it out on Jax.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

That may be a very BIG mistake. Vontae,Toler , Butler and Landry or Howell. Yep that's what I would do if I want a losing record. Have they seen our secondary play this year?  Powers is gone Jags. Good luck with that.

Don't forget Bethea

The Colts' secondary early looks like the teeth of the defense. The Jags would be much better off trying to stuff it up the middle with MJD, especially with Francois out for the game, and the depleted receiving corps of the Jags. Outside of just really testing to see what Gabbert is capable of, there's no reason for the Jags to think that throwing deep is their best chance to win.

I think you are reading into this too much. Every team will and should try to test a defense by throwing the ball down the field. Just as they should test them by running the ball, setting up runningback screens, and bubble screens. At some point throughout the game a team will be tested with different types of runs; draws, sweeps, dives, and so on.

Teams can have some success by going deep early, especially because of the chances to draw a flag.

Teams make a baseline for opponents weaknesses in film preparation, explore several options by testing throughout the game, and stick to what's working.

How many times have any of you seen us run the same play 4 or 5 times in a game and then use it for the rest of the year? If it works then you keep using it, but you have to test it first. Just like teams have to test how well a defense covers it's receivers deep down the field.

Every team is going to test our secondary.

I don't get why people are worried about this game. Worries about the players not being motivated?

I'm not Andrew Luck's biggest supporter, but he at least seems like a guy with the perfect mentality. He should get the team fired up, regardless of the opponent being the defending NFC champions, or the saddest franchise in football.

I don't get why people are worried about this game. Worries about the players not being motivated?

I'm not Andrew Luck's biggest supporter, but he at least seems like a guy with the perfect mentality. He should get the team fired up, regardless of the opponent being the defending NFC champions, or the saddest franchise in football.

Because the Jags historically play us very tough?

Doesn't matter the QB. Even Peyton struggled against mediocre Jags squads.