Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags giving up 167.7 rushing yards a game while Colts are rushing for 146.3 a game.

BlueShoe

PREFACE - I just want to win and don't care how we do it. If we score on defense, through the air, or ground and pound; it is all good by me. The Jags always play us tough so who knows what will happen on Sunday. 

We are 4th in the NFL in rushing yards per game, and we face an opponent in Jacksonville that is the worst at defending the run in the NFL. 

I can see us moving into second, as far as rushing yards per game, by the end of week 4. 

It has been a long time since we mounted a 250 yard rushing performance and I can see that happening. It would be nice to get some revenge for the 375 that Jacksonville once put on us.

This is why they play the games, so we will see what happens. It would be a pretty sight to watch our new toy, T-Rich, run wild on Sunday.

Although that looks very promising and it's a positive stat, I wouldn't look too much into it.

Stats can only give you so much, and it doesn't reflect what will happen on Sunday. You'd be surprised by the amount of teams that look great on paper and end up losing hard. The 49ers are an example of that this week. 

Although that looks very promising and it's a positive stat, I wouldn't look too much into it.

Stats can only give you so much, and it doesn't reflect what will happen on Sunday. You'd be surprised by the amount of teams that look great on paper and end up losing hard. The 49ers are an example of that this week. 

I even made the PREFACE to avoid this type of response. LOL

:)

I went back and made it bold and red so it could not be overlooked. At least one would think. 

PAY BACK.

"Maurice Jones-Drew feigned disappointment after playing a major role in the Jacksonville Jaguars' record-setting Sunday. "We wanted 400, but 375 is OK," the rookie running back said after the Jaguars' 375 rushing yards in defeating the Indianapolis Colts 44-17."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2006-12-10-colts-jaguars_x.htm

It is on like Donkey Kong, Jack!

"Maurice Jones-Drew feigned disappointment after playing a major role in the Jacksonville Jaguars' record-setting Sunday. "We wanted 400, but 375 is OK," the rookie running back said after the Jaguars' 375 rushing yards in defeating the Indianapolis Colts 44-17."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2006-12-10-colts-jaguars_x.htm

It is on like Donkey Kong, Jack!

That would be exactly what I was referring to. I don't care if we get 100, 200 or 300. I want our backs to hit them so hard their mamas cry.

I'm worried about them pounding us too. We were not really good at containing Frank Gore.

The good thing with the Jags is we don't have to fear their passing game as much as we did with Kaepernick. Would really love us to contain them through the ground.

There aren't too many players remaining from that game, Mathis and Bethea are the only two on D, Reggie on O (I'm sure I'm forgetting some guys)....but they'll get the message to the young ones. I hope we put up 350 on the ground on them. And Gore > MJD at this point btw. That said, they have to play sound football.

I'm worried about them pounding us too. We were not really good at containing Frank Gore.

The good thing with the Jags is we don't have to fear their passing game as much as we did with Kaepernick. Would really love us to contain them through the ground.

Gore ran for 82 yards with most of that on the long 49er drive in the 1st half. So far MJD only has 115 yards on 44 carries with 1 TD this season. I don't think he has the blocking this year like he has had in the past. The next highest runner on the Jags roster is Gabbert with 16 yards. 

Gore ran for 82 yards with most of that on the long 49er drive in the 1st half. So far MJD only has 115 yards on 44 carries with 1 TD this season. I don't think he has the blocking this year like he has had in the past. The next highest runner on the Jags roster is Gabbert with 16 yards. 

We have the secondary to cover their receivers.  Sell out to stop the run and make Gabbert try to beat us sounds like a good plan.

The only trap in this game is the one we set for Gabbert. 

To be fair, I was rather happy to see that Gabbert would be starting the game over Henne.  

It's not like Henne lights the world on fire, really he isn't very good at all, but I think he's slightly better then Gabbert.  

Hopefully we hold him to 37.5 yds this week.....  he can wish for 40.....

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think will air it out more this game, the Jags saw how we ran on the 49ers and that could be their game plan. Luck should have 250+ yards this game and 2 or more TD's.

I think the ground and pound will still be the mindset...but Luck should have a field day with play action.