Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Donald Brown just ran for 9 "What is Pep thinking letting him run for 1!!!!!!!!"

I know your not actually freaking, but that is the exact situation we have these big power backs for. When it's 3 and short. The D is expecting a run, and run we did.

Brown just isn't big enough against this D to convert that consistently.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I've been with holding judgment on Pep but man some of the things he does is just strange.  Running Brown on third and short when you have two other power backs in the roster, running in the two minute drill at mid field with timeouts.  I just don't understand it sometimes.  Then he has a drive like he did to start the game so I know he can game plan I am just wondering about his in game play calls at times...

He confuses me too at times, counterproductive play calling on key conversions. The talent is there, but the engine isn't smoothly running yet.

He confuses me too at times, counterproductive play calling on key conversions. The talent is there, but the engine isn't smoothly running yet.

Yeah hopefully it will come in time. It doesn't seem like everyone is familiar with the playbook. Especially when we are trying to move the ball quickly.

I wish we'd gone for it

If we don't get it you give the ball to the 49ers with timeouts and just really need 10 to 15 yards to get free points then and the 49ers are tied at the half in a game they shouldn't be and they get the ball to start the second half that just completely swings the momentum in their favor.

I know your not actually freaking, but that is the exact situation we have these big power backs for. When it's 3 and short. The D is expecting a run, and run we did.

Brown just isn't big enough against this D to convert that consistently.

I understand Pep's thinking on that one. Had it worked he's a hero, alas it didn't. I agree it's becoming a trend, hopefully he figures it out soon.

San Fran's qb is only 2-8. That shows how the defense has been when guarding against the pass... now if they can keep up on run defense this is going to be a game to win.

It also shows just how bad the 49ers receivers are not having Davis is really hurting them.  Phil Simms kept showing it in the first half just no one is open on passing plays and while the Colts DBs are playing well and deserve credit some blame needs to be tossed the 49ers receivers as well. 

Peps offense continues to hold us back. The niners completed only 2 passes in that half and were pretty much terrible and we couldn't make them pay. Have we taken a shot downfield all game? It's sad what Reggie is becoming in this offense.

Seriously? Reggie is a bad man, and will get his. I fully expect them to take some shots in the second half. TY taking over punts is only going to hold him back though.