Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns looking to wipe out the offense and start over new?

bap1331

I heard that they basically told Weeden that they are moving on. And its why Trent Richardson was traded. They said Richardson was in shock and walking slowly to his car.

On the other hand, I think that we should have gone for Joe Thomas if that was gonna happen. I like T-Rich but hes no use if we have no oline. Maybe this will motivate our line more though.

Anyways im wondering if the Browns already gave up this year and are trying to get a top pick for Manziel or something. It is wayyy to early for them to have given up like this...

Well Lombardi disliked the drafting of both Weeden and Richardson last year. He thought they reached on both. I'm not surprised he is getting rid of what he saw as valueless to the team he runs. He wants his own team, and not keep the bad draft picks, in his opinion, from the previous regime.

What isn't being said is that Cleveland didn't like Richardson..If they're rebuilding...they can surely rebuild around a second year back.if they thought we has that special

You have to rebuild around a QB...and this helps assure they get one.

They probably wont get a starting QB with the Colts pick....Colts are 8-8 in a worse case scenario.

What isn't being said is what they didn't like about Richardson....it'll come out. It always does

Well regardless I think they are sucking for Manziel. Either way, if they go 8-8 lets say...they can still trade their picks to be #1 pick overall.

Plus Weeden never got a chance really its his second year. They could have atleast told him, your job is on the line and not that it was over...

They probably wont get a starting QB with the Colts pick....Colts are 8-8 in a worse case scenario.What isn't being said is what they didn't like about Richardson....it'll come out. It always does

They have two 1's, two 3's and two 4's in the next draft. If they need to move up they now have the ammo to do so.

Well regardless I think they are sucking for Manziel. Either way, if they go 8-8 lets say...they can still trade their picks to be #1 pick overall.

Plus Weeden never got a chance really its his second year. They could have atleast told him, your job is on the line and not that it was over...

I doubt it's Manziel. Bridgewater or Hundley is my guess.

I heard that they basically told Weeden that they are moving on. And its why Trent Richardson was traded. They said Richardson was in shock and walking slowly to his car.

On the other hand, I think that we should have gone for Joe Thomas if that was gonna happen. I like T-Rich but hes no use if we have no oline. Maybe this will motivate our line more though.

Anyways im wondering if the Browns already gave up this year and are trying to get a top pick for Manziel or something. It is wayyy to early for them to have given up like this...

I feel bad for the Cleveland fans. One fan is even talking about bringing in Sanchez next year. Those fans deserve better than that. 

Change is painful but this new regime in Cleveland has a plan at least so that should bring some hope to a smarting fanbase. I like Michael Lombardi a lot. He worked with Belichick in Cleveland when he was HC there and he has been on Boston sports radio from time. He said he and Bill talk weekly about football. I gather they are very good friends. Lombardi has a great mind for the game and will do the right things I think to make Cleveland viable again.

Manziel isn't a first round QB...he's about 5-11

Cleveland is saying (without saying) that they just blew the 2012 draft..all of it...Weeden and TRich

That's a good point....They can package...

But they are saying they don't like the 2012 draft at all...not their kind of guys

yes they have ammo to do a variety of things in next years draft or trading pending who comes out  and how the players get drafted

In fairness the Browns gave it season and it's not going the way they would like so why not blow it all up. They've got the picks now for a Indy style transformation IF they draft sensibly which they evidently didn't in 2012. Look at the positives they have, a decent O line and a solid D. Draft a genuine Franchise QB and surround him with a few playmakers and the Browns might become a good young team very quickly. They are going to have what £25 Mill in cap room in 2014 for Rookies and maybe signing a few FAs.. 

I type this and it seems perfectly logical in my head then I remember.... it's the Browns. Watch them draft Johnny Football after moving up for him. 

There are guys many place above Manziel, like Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd, Marcus Mariota, and Brett Hundley.  Heck, some have A.J. McCarron right up with Johnny football. And I might too, because D. Shaw makes a great observation. Some player personalities need to 'talk'  (IE: Richard Sherman) and the hype, angst, etc propels them to a large degree.  Johhny football might be that type too. However, you Do_Not_Want that type in you leader, the QB... who must be calm focussed and in control. The Cleveland Browns are a whole new organization, and they don't want the baggage of the old regime. They are loading up on picks to do a reboot.  They will have the ability to get a franchise QB, and build around that.

Weeden will get a look somewhere when that time comes, and a job if he's good enough. Remember, Weeden is still with Browns, but likely not for long.  And he is Aaron Rodgers age but only a sophomore as far as NFL experience.  Browns D isn't all that bad. They are retooling the offense to the vision of the new Browns organization. And, why not?

Manziel isn't a first round QB...he's about 5-11

Cleveland is saying (without saying) that they just blew the 2012 draft..all of it...Weeden and TRich

No, the new Owner (Haslam) and CEO (Banner) are saying the previous Browns organization blew it and they are rebooting the Offense.  No team has a worse record since 1999, and they have lost at least 11 the last 5 years.  Why not retool with players that fit your vision?  

Any team that would blow their season for Johnny Freakin Manziel, is absolutely foolish. Manziel is a tiny QB with a weak arm. He's dumber than snot and will probably figure out a way to screw up his life before he even makes it to the draft.

So is Russel Wilson...hes like 5'10 and his team is just fine

Wilson also has a cannon for an arm, has great awareness and isnt full of himself.

Manziel is a good college player but I dont think his schoolyard style will work in the NFL...especially with his limited physical attributes.

So is Russel Wilson...hes like 5'10 and his team is just fine

Wilson is not your norm, like Brady wasn't: in a way. Besides, the Seahawks don't ask for that much from Wilson.  He puts it up 26 times per game for 210 yds (24th) and their rushing is 7th @ 121 yd/gm and 20.5 pts/gm.  Colts are 19th (230/gm) and 5th (130/gm) and same 20.5 pts/gm.  But Seattle D is nasty!  Ours is still getting a feel and settling in.

No, the new Owner (Haslam) and CEO (Banner) are saying the previous Browns organization blew it and they are rebooting the Offense.  No team has a worse record since 1999, and they have lost at least 11 the last 5 years.  Why not retool with players that fit your vision?

That's exactly what I was saying ....'they' is the Eagles...

...all coaches and player personell people are geniuses in their own minds. they would rather lose with THEIR guys doing things THEIR way...

..You cant take a big job and do it someone else's way ... you have to do it your way

Well Lombardi disliked the drafting of both Weeden and Richardson last year. He thought...

Who the heII cares what Lombardi liked/disliked or thinks?

This clown (turd sprinkled with Belichick** dust) passed on Warren Sapp! Look there's a reason this franchise s*cks....its called clueless ownership and incompetent management. It's really not that deep.

If we needed a WR (we don't) and wanted him, we would've gotten him too. Let it go.

Can you even trade someone who is currently suspended? We do need another receiver because we don't have a future #1 on the roster. Also there is nothing to say we weren't trying to also get Gordon but perhaps the compensation at the time wasn't enough. I'm just trying to be creative, be more open-minded.

Can you even trade someone who is currently suspended? We do need another receiver because we don't have a future #1 on the roster. Also there is nothing to say we weren't trying to also get Gordon but perhaps the compensation at the time wasn't enough. I'm just trying to be creative, be more open-minded.

at this point we do need another wr that can consistently separate and go up and get the ball, if Corners get physical with our wr's as it is now they have trouble, we need a big physical wr as our #1 to compensate for Lucks inaccurate passes, Wayne has had to make some circus catches because of it many times as well as TY

at this point we do need another wr that can consistently separate and go up and get the ball, if Corners get physical with our wr's as it is now they have trouble, we need a big physical wr as our #1 to compensate for Lucks inaccurate passes, Wayne has had to make some circus catches because of it many times as well as TY

I agree. Gordon is 6'3, fast and can get seperation. He was drafted by the previous regime in Cleveland and there have been whispers of him being traded. I believe that much like Richardson he could be had for pennies on the dollar. Gordon could also learn from Wayne before taking over.

I agree. Gordon is 6'3, fast and can get seperation. He was drafted by the previous regime in Cleveland and there have been whispers of him being traded. I believe that much like Richardson he could be had for pennies on the dollar. Gordon could also learn from Wayne before taking over.

If its true I expect Grigson will make a push for him, Being a relevent receiver on the Browns is not easy, He is also a deep threat

The  Browns won today (did not see that coming). I do think it proved that if the Browns had a franchise QB they would be a serious force. There are rumblings that Gordon is still on his way out. I really hope the Colts grab him but I also really want Tuitt in the draft. I hope they would trade Gordon for some combination of picks excluding the 2nd.