Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers Predictions

SubZero

As a Colts fan i hate to say this game is a guarenteed loss. The 9ers lost a hard game against the Seahawks and got embarassed. I just dont see the 9ers losing at home. And here is what I predict for this game.

Colin Kaepernick will have a career game: With how much Tyrell Pryor tore us up on the ground and Tannehill threw all over is, then Kaepernick will have a field day sunday. He think he rushes over 100 yards and passes over 300.

Coby Fleener rises to the occasion: I was always disappointed with Fleener last and this year. But with his injuries behind him right now and Allen gone he will step it up and recieve for over 90 yards.

49ers defense will be a stone wall: This is a top 5 defense and Andrew Luck will struggle and so will the run game. I dont see the Colts moving up and down the feild so easily.

My predicted score: 16-39 49ers

49ers defense isn't a stonewall. We can score on them. We have to pass the ball, and we will score. Why does everyone think they're so damn invincible. I just don't get it. What I've so far this season they are obviously beatable. Seattle scored 29 on them, GB threw at will on them. I know both of those games have a lot of different variable but Wilson was 8/19 with 142 yards? Luck can throw better than that. 

I can confidently say that regardless of the team that the Colts are playing, this team can win. They showed it all of last year that they can fight their way back into games and not give up. Even when they are down by 20 at half. Too bad most of these "fans" give up before the game is even started. 

Okay, I just watched Pagano's press conference. I like what he said about preserving lane integrity & obviously, by the same token, not over pursing CK when he scrambles or Gore when he runs. Chuck isn't instilling me with a lot of confidence here. Sun Tzu "“Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” If you think you will get soundly defeated before kickoff, why even show up? 

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Coach_Pagano_Press_Conference/a8a66b10-13de-409b-97c6-b762f0ccd7a2

Keep swinging, keep punching, never say die...Part of your job as HC is to motivate, inspire, & ignite a fire in the belly of your player's Chuck...

Okay, I just watched Pagano's press conference. I like what he said about preserving lane integrity & obviously, by the same token, not over pursing CK when he scrambles or Gore when he runs. Chuck isn't instilling me with a lot of confidence here. Sun Tzu "“Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” If you think you will get soundly defeated before kickoff, why even show up? 

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Coach_Pagano_Press_Conference/a8a66b10-13de-409b-97c6-b762f0ccd7a2

Keep swinging, keep punching, never say die...Part of your job as HC is to motivate, inspire, & ignite a fire in the belly of your player's Chuck...

A loss I can handle. Outright capitulation, on the other hand, I never subscribe to ever. Listen to Chuck's tone, & watch his body language...It's not one of strength. Now, go watch HC Mike Tomlin from the Steelers a huge difference. Mike owns the loss, says we have work to do, & he convinces you that the problems will get fixed in short order. 

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike_Tomlin_on_loss_to_Bengals/c97ed6e7-dbe9-496f-b560-23bdb630c0f4

Look, if my Colts have to adopt 1 game mentality all season long so be it. Claw, scratch, & fight to the final 4th QTR whistle regardless of what the score board says. CK played his worst game last week in the NFL & at least we only lost by 4 points last week. We were competitive.

Miami didn't mop the floor with us. Yes, we will probably come up short vs the 49ers 34-27, but just give CK some nice love taps from INDY & make Gore earn every inch he gets. That's all I ask. Hit hard & have your teammates back. Don't fracture as an organization in the locker room; stay strong & show some bloodthirsty killer instinct on defense. 

I don't care if the 49ers will be fire up. SO WILL WE!!!

They can play angry all they want. We just have to withstand their initial surge of energy by playing sound, fundamental football. If we can keep drives alive and play solid defense, we can turn the tide and win this game. If it's a fight they want... then it's a fight they'll get.

The 49ers will smoke the Colts. Tell me one reason from what you've seen from the Colts this year that will bring a win beating a team that last year was the best or one of the top 2 teams in the NFC and is still a Monster. The loss the 49ers suffered this past weekend, was against the BEST defense in the league by far. The Colts sadly will lose by at least 2 touchdowns and yes they will get ran all over by Gore and Kaepernick. You think this one is one to shy away from, what about the Seahawks game? We play them two weeks from this weekend. I'm telling you the Colts will likely be 9-7 or 7-9 by seasons end. The Colts lose 42-21 against the 49ers, and will be 38-7 against the Seahawks. The only way they can avoid a loss is playing exceptionally well on defense and with what I have read in other news blogs the entire defense has basically been beaten up. Both starting safeties, seriously???- No practice. Allen was a huge part of our offense last year along with Ballard- Out.... I think the linebackers and Cornerbacks need to step it up most in this game, and for the rest of the season to be honest. This is a young Colts team and they will lose games until they have become wiser and stronger, learning from their mistakes, but any win is a win no matter how ugly. I think they have the personnel with minor adjustments that will be needed, to win and be an elite team again. I think starting mid-season this year we will all see the Colts transition into a better overall team. Next year we will see the start of that elite team, and the year after that *BAM* best in AFC. As long as they continue to make great Draft selections and picking up needed FA's. For the coaching staff, no one needs fired this early on dammit, the only things I've noticed, they need to work on picking up on certain things and correcting issues during game time. Exp. Game 1 vs Oakland, why did they not sub Castonzo??? He was manhandled the entire game, the defending players were able to basically walk through the L-side. I am glad they made a slight correction going into game 2 placing him on the R-side where he did better but still should have been subbed a few times. But that's where I see another big change that would help determine easier wins for the Colts. Also less penalties, Please.....

Ok criticize.... lol

Really.........we have to have this topic.  Is anyone that crazy to think that the 49ers are going to do anything less than humiliate us on Sunday.  If the loss is anything under 2TDs I would be shocked.  Prepare for a very long Sunday afternoon because it is not going to be pretty.  I'm just hoping that the Colts leave the stadium without having to put the whole team on IR the next day. 

1995 Ragga muffin Colts upset 49ers who were defending Super Bowl champs I believe. You are a girl after my own heart Jules!

;)

Yep, 49ers were the defending champs. Close enough this season...

49ers were a hair from winning the last SB and are big favorites again this season. And Jim Harbaugh is involved in the game. :) And we have our own Comeback kid starting right now who was groomed by Harbaugh.

Of course that game was in Indy but everyone was saying we would get killed but we showed up...and surprised.

Can history repeat itself? Who knows......lol

Also we had young Marshall Faulk for that game. Now we have young Trent Richardson. lmao

Irsay is going off on twitter again, says a huge annoucement is coming very soon. Follow him on twitter right away

I tend to steer clear of Jim Irsay & Twitter. It keeps my blood pressure lower & it keeps my curse word count lower too. Nice guy, but he reminds me of a teenage girl chatting about a crush on Facebook. Besides, a blogger usually starts a post about his feedback anyway.  haha

Wouldn't have to do with a certain current head coach now would it? ;)

1995 Ragga muffin Colts upset 49ers who were defending Super Bowl champs I believe. You are a girl after my own heart Jules!

Nice work FX Stryker & Coltsman1788! My friends are so darn smart. Bravo!  :thmup: Let's hope some of that intelligence & superior memory skills rubs off me me too.  haha

Oops! I almost forgot. Way to come up with a nice NFL trivia brain teaser there Jules. Thinking on hump day. I don't recommend it so close to the weekend and all. Just Kidding!