Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is all of the crying about?

BlueShoe

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BlueShoe - thanks for the positive post and for injecting some level-headedness into the forum.  One of the reasons I don't post that often here or at ColtPower anymore is because of the constant negativity - whether we win or lose.  It takes the fun out of being part of the forum community.

I'll paraphrase my post over at CP: 

Sure - this loss stung because it was at home, it's the type of game that we normally win, and because Mia owns the head to head tiebreaker in case it comes into play for a WC.  

Just making one play below would have set us up for a game-winning FG at the end so I'm not throwing away the season based on one game.  1) We actually have a solid running game now so why not run on 2 & 1 or 3 & 1 in the opening drive - or even go for it on 4th & 1 - wasn't it our off-season goal to run with power?  Bottom line, AV's FG gets inside the upright if we convert the first down.  2) Also, Luck could've run for 20+ yards in the INT play - the left side of the field was empty.  It was a 1st down play with over 8 mins left, why not just drive instead of going for the endzone.  Again, we have a run game now - use it wisely. OR 3) Our two minute D allows Mia to attempt a long FG, even with Chuck's clever TO.       

I'm still holding out hope for 10-6 if we can be 4-4 at the halfway point.  Based on what I've seen so far, I think we have a better shot of sweeping Hou than beating both Den & Sea at home.

I just want this team to compete each week....and we will.  Let's face it, we're a work in progress and still a year or two away from being a legitimate SB contender.  So in the meantime, just enjoy watching our competitive young team grow and hopefully Peyton will get ring #2 in Feb.

Might but I don't care just throwing my thoughts out there.Not Trying to one up you and I respect your opinions but we will just have to agree to disagree on this one . :thmsup:

I know it is obvious that the coaches and GM disagree.  Like I said, it is hard to cut a HOF kicker.  I would have an awful time pulling the trigger on it.

I think I want to know where mcManus is....I think AV is susceptible to nagging injuries.'

This was a really good write up and I agree with just about everything.  However, I think the Colts are unfortunately looking at 2-6.  I'm not being a Debbie Downer or crying or anything else that people want to crucify me for this statement.  I'm just being realistic.  While our team is on the up, we're just not there yet and we have a very tough month+ ahead.

I know it is obvious that the coaches and GM disagree.  Like I said, it is hard to cut a HOF kicker.  I would have an awful time pulling the trigger on it.

I think I want to know where mcManus is....I think AV is susceptible to nagging injuries.'

Colts traded an HOF QB and cut/waived another.  No Brent not trying to be a smarty pants but as fans we must live with the decisions of the front office.  We also weren't there during training camp and not at the site (practice and such) we don't have first hand information.

We lost to a very good team and it really could have gone either way. The Colts and the Dolphins are the future of the AFC and that writing has been on the wall for well over a year now. They are going to win some games against us and we are going to win some against them. Get used to it.

On some positive notes:

1. Landry is the fastest person on the field at all times. No offensive player we have played against can outrun him. He destroyed Brian Hartline early in the second quarter.

2. Hugh Thornton replaced injured Thomas at LG and played very well. We have a 10-15 year starting guard and we got him with the 86th pick in the draft. He made a play on the second drive that was amazing. On third down just before we kicked the field goal; Thornton dives through the air, over the top of Castonzo, and saves Luck from getting hit. 

3. Fleener is finally getting it at the NFL level. I made it an emphasis to watch him closely at the game to try to understand why he isn’t further ahead. Well, sometimes it takes players longer, and my conclusion is that he just has a different learning curve. He is a nightmare of a mismatch. On his first touchdown reception, he and Reggie were running a Hi-Lo route, and I thought Luck was looking at Reggie all the way. I said to myself; Please do not throw that ball Drew. Fleener cleared and Luck tossed it perfectly over the top. Fleener has some skills and he was robbed of a two touchdown performance. 

4. We saw what our pass rush is and it was good. A team should never be upset with a 5 sack day. Over a 16 week season that equals 80 sacks, and would break an NFL record that has stood for 30 years. We had a few different segments of back-to-back plays where pressure on the quarterback had huge impacts on the game, causing Tannehill to fumble a few times. One fumble was recovered by the Colts and the other was on third down and forced the Dolphins to punt. 

5. Bradshaw ran the ball well. He is a tough runner in between the tackles and not easy to bring down. He also proved to be an effective receiver on check downs. 

6. Bjoern Werner had a few nice plays and got some pressure early in the second quarter to get a half a sack. The crowd absolutely loved it. Give him time. Remember, we took our time with Freeney too. 

7. We are getting pressure on punters and kickers. That early Punt that only traveled 25 yards was because of pressure from the right side. On the final play of the first half, we had three players getting pressure on the kick. We will block a kick or punt soon.

8. Luck’s pocket presence has always been outstanding, but he is getting even better every game. He moved great in the pocket to buy more time. He amazes me with his ability to escape would be sacks and get first downs. 

9. Our offensive line enjoys run blocking. On the Bradshaw touchdown run, every player on the OL was more excited than I have seen them in 10 years. McGlynn, Cherilus, and Satele were jumping up and down in the end zone.  This line has taken a beating by fans for years, and deservingly so, but the swagger is changing and it is very noticeable. 

10. Griff Whalen made some nice plays. On the interception to Wayne, he was wide open, but Luck was moving in the pocket and did not see him. The young man knows how to get open and shows good hands. 

The Dolphins made some plays:

They get paid too and they are not just there to let us do what we want. Brent Grimes made plays on the first drive that resulted in us getting no points. I can’t believe I am typing this, but Wheeler made some huge plays in the game. There was a moment when I said to everyone, I really do not remember Wheeler making this many plays as a Colt. Wheeler tipped a ball near the end of the third quarter headed for TY, and had that ball got there then TY scores from the 50, as no one was there to catch him.

This methodical offense slows down the game and will take some time for Colts fans to adjust to. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Before we know they will all be grown up.

Things to improve:

Back-to-back plays – In the first half, Bethea went for the pick and missed, allowing Clay to make a huge play all the way down to the Colts 10. On the very next play Vontae let Miller run right around him for a 10 yard score. These 2 plays resulted in 7 points.

My only criticism is that I am not a fan of the sweeps. I think we are built more to just run north and south. That is just my opinion, and maybe something I need to have patience until we fully develop.

In the first quarter, we outgained the Dolphins in rushing yards, passing yards, had more first downs, and owned the time of possession, but we trailed 14-3.  We also dominated the statistics at half time with over 18 minutes in time of possession, 16 first downs, 74 rushing yards, 241 passing yards, and 315 yards of offense, all without turning the ball over. We are a young team, in a new offense, and we will learn to complete drives and stay consistent throughout the entire game. To put it as simple as possible, this game was the tale of two half’s.

The Dolphins played a good game. Give credit where it is due and move on already. San Fran will be a good game too.

Yeah many people tend to get dramatic :drama: .  The Colts played well IMO and people think the Dolphins are the Jags for some reason.  Colts had 7 points negated with a missed FG and the penalty, also tack on a bad interception and the Colts were still only one play away from a win.  They kind of just shot themselves in the foot.  Gotta give credit where credit is due however the Dolphins played pretty well. 

I love how Luck didn't get acquainted with Cameron Wake also :thmup: .  Maybe we can contain Aldon Smith next game :beg:??????

One of the best threads I've read in a while.  That being said, we are a spoiled fan base.  Since 1995 just 3 losing seasons, some teams would just love to have 3 winning seasons in that time frame.  We almost demand perfection, and the last losing season was a fluke with everything that went on.  What team/teams have had such turnover in the past recent years and accomplished what we have.  From front office, coaches, off/def schemes, players and so on, where we are at right now it's truly remarkable.  Yes, we will take some steps back, yes there will be growing pains.  I love the direction in which we are heading, we are well ahead of the so called 3yr plan.

We lost to a very good team and it really could have gone either way. The Colts and the Dolphins are the future of the AFC and that writing has been on the wall for well over a year now. They are going to win some games against us and we are going to win some against them. Get used to it.

The Dolphins played a good game. Give credit where it is due and move on already. San Fran will be a good game too.

Didnt want to requote your entire post...but Im going to report you making an awesome one! ;)

peyton should still be in indy----he has good years ahead of him===no colts fan can accept irsays mistake

We shouldn't start this endless debate over again. Peyton would get killed behind this O-line. He would have good years in Indy but he has real chance to win an other ring with Broncos. Many fan forgot about salary cap situation what Colts were in. So we shall to close this debate once and for all. I hope fans won't cry aloud for Peyton after every single L. This loss was team's loss not Luck's loss alone.

This is :deadhorse:

Sorry for the Off-topic.

Colts traded an HOF QB and cut/waived another.  No Brent not trying to be a smarty pants but as fans we must live with the decisions of the front office.  We also weren't there during training camp and not at the site (practice and such) we don't have first hand information.

Just a first hand observation on how smooth McManus made long kicks and AV struggled even in practice Smarty Pants....I mean 100GFB!!  :)

We live with the decisions and win....we hook em to the left and lose with same decisions....a fumble...an interception...lack of DL pressure on QB...not to just pick on AV.  As Jvan said above "all kickers miss..) (Some were perfect last year however)

The bad news is...I could have been to training camp....missed all of the great weather...my bad. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Just a first hand observation on how smooth McManus made long kicks and AV struggled even in practice Smarty Pants....I mean 100GFB!!   :)

We live with the decisions and win....we hook em to the left and lose with same decisions....a fumble...an interception...lack of DL pressure on QB...not to just pick on AV.  As Jvan said above "all kickers miss..) (Some were perfect last year however)

The bad news is...I could have been to training camp....missed all of the great weather...my bad. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Not to mention I seen them in OTAs Mcmanus wins the competition hands down,Lol I can see talent,Im so sick of this HOF nonsense lets do whats best for our team,not try to boost someones hall of fame stats  :thmup:  My loyalties are with this teams best chances to win now.

Not to mention I seen them in OTAs Mcmanus wins the competition hands down,Lol I can see talent,Im so sick of this HOF * lets do whats best for our team,not try to boost someones hall of fame stats  :thmup:  My loyalties are with this teams best chances to win now.

On the HOF 'stuff.'  As we have see (100GFB pointed out) we have traded and cut HOFers before.  If you cut him, the media bonanza begins.  I think they are afraid to cut him to be honest.

I do not think you boost HOF stats by hooking long FGs to the left...or bad shanks to the right.......enter Mike Vanderjagt.....Booo!   :funny:

vanderjagt.jpg

On the HOF 'stuff.'  As we have see (100GFB pointed out) we have traded and cut HOFers before.  If you cut him, the media bonanza begins.  I think they are afraid to cut him to be honest.

I do not think you boost HOF stats by hooking long FGs to the left...or bad shanks to the right.......enter Mike Vanderjagt.....Booo!   :funny:

vanderjagt.jpg

:funny:  good point my words are not right ,but you know what im trying to say

maybe but in four years when he is out of the league (his words yesterday not mine) Luck is going to win a lot of games Manning won't because he's retired. That's what the Luck/Manning decision was made for not yesterday. I really think we forget that sometimes.

you cant ever depend on future----you live in the moment----both are one injury away from retirement

On some positive notes:

1. Landry is the fastest person on the field at all times. No offensive player we have played against can outrun him. He destroyed Brian Hartline early in the second quarter.

2. Hugh Thornton replaced injured Thomas at LG and played very well. We have a 10-15 year starting guard and we got him with the 86th pick in the draft. He made a play on the second drive that was amazing. On third down just before we kicked the field goal; Thornton dives through the air, over the top of Castonzo, and saves Luck from getting hit. 

3. Fleener is finally getting it at the NFL level. I made it an emphasis to watch him closely at the game to try to understand why he isn’t further ahead. Well, sometimes it takes players longer, and my conclusion is that he just has a different learning curve. He is a nightmare of a mismatch. On his first touchdown reception, he and Reggie were running a Hi-Lo route, and I thought Luck was looking at Reggie all the way. I said to myself; Please do not throw that ball Drew. Fleener cleared and Luck tossed it perfectly over the top. Fleener has some skills and he was robbed of a two touchdown performance. 

4. We saw what our pass rush is and it was good. A team should never be upset with a 5 sack day. Over a 16 week season that equals 80 sacks, and would break an NFL record that has stood for 30 years. We had a few different segments of back-to-back plays where pressure on the quarterback had huge impacts on the game, causing Tannehill to fumble a few times. One fumble was recovered by the Colts and the other was on third down and forced the Dolphins to punt. 

5. Bradshaw ran the ball well. He is a tough runner in between the tackles and not easy to bring down. He also proved to be an effective receiver on check downs. 

6. Bjoern Werner had a few nice plays and got some pressure early in the second quarter to get a half a sack. The crowd absolutely loved it. Give him time. Remember, we took our time with Freeney too. 

7. We are getting pressure on punters and kickers. That early Punt that only traveled 25 yards was because of pressure from the right side. On the final play of the first half, we had three players getting pressure on the kick. We will block a kick or punt soon.

8. Luck’s pocket presence has always been outstanding, but he is getting even better every game. He moved great in the pocket to buy more time. He amazes me with his ability to escape would be sacks and get first downs. 

9. Our offensive line enjoys run blocking. On the Bradshaw touchdown run, every player on the OL was more excited than I have seen them in 10 years. McGlynn, Cherilus, and Satele were jumping up and down in the end zone.  This line has taken a beating by fans for years, and deservingly so, but the swagger is changing and it is very noticeable. 

10. Griff Whalen made some nice plays. On the interception to Wayne, he was wide open, but Luck was moving in the pocket and did not see him. The young man knows how to get open and shows good hands. 

The Dolphins made some plays:

They get paid too and they are not just there to let us do what we want. Brent Grimes made plays on the first drive that resulted in us getting no points. I can’t believe I am typing this, but Wheeler made some huge plays in the game. There was a moment when I said to everyone, I really do not remember Wheeler making this many plays as a Colt. Wheeler tipped a ball near the end of the third quarter headed for TY, and had that ball got there then TY scores from the 50, as no one was there to catch him.

This methodical offense slows down the game and will take some time for Colts fans to adjust to. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Before we know they will all be grown up.

Things to improve:

Back-to-back plays – In the first half, Bethea went for the pick and missed, allowing Clay to make a huge play all the way down to the Colts 10. On the very next play Vontae let Miller run right around him for a 10 yard score. These 2 plays resulted in 7 points.

My only criticism is that I am not a fan of the sweeps. I think we are built more to just run north and south. That is just my opinion, and maybe something I need to have patience until we fully develop.

In the first quarter, we outgained the Dolphins in rushing yards, passing yards, had more first downs, and owned the time of possession, but we trailed 14-3.  We also dominated the statistics at half time with over 18 minutes in time of possession, 16 first downs, 74 rushing yards, 241 passing yards, and 315 yards of offense, all without turning the ball over. We are a young team, in a new offense, and we will learn to complete drives and stay consistent throughout the entire game. To put it as simple as possible, this game was the tale of two half’s.

They actually spoke of this during the broadcast. Vontae was in coverage of the receiver on a crossing route and Landry committed to the inside run. When the run bounced outside both were out of position. Should Vontae have recognized run sooner and released coverage? IDK. But he was doing his job. That one is not on him.

Wait a minute let me grab my stirring stick  :funny:  :funny:  and why were at it heres a song to go with it  :violin: can ya guess what im playing ?

Slip Sliding Away? :thinking: Paul Simon

UHHH UHHH....Don't know what ya got till its gone?  Cinderella....bad to the bone :)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Maybe just Old McDonald and his misspellings?  "Dagnabbit! C-O-W-EIEIO!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

Its done, the decision was made...time to move on. Nothing you can do about it now.

Agreed:  Watch Peyton destroy other teams and enjoy his last few years!

In the meantime, this old LB will be eyeballing number 12 for another 14-? years...and he will LIKE it too!

As I stated earlier....I love Peyton....and I love Andrew as our QB win or lose!!!  We will win our fair share of games...titles along the way!!!   :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :pass:  :pass: !!!!

Am I disappointed that we lost at home to a team that is ranked 21st in total offense and 18th in total defense? Yes. Am I thinking we are still improving and will have games like this from time to time? Yes.

Truly disappointed in:

the defense not stopping a mediocre offense

the pass into the end zone that was intercepted

Truly happy with:

Cherilus keeping Cameron Wake off of Luck

The run game averaging 5.0 ypc

Just a first hand observation on how smooth McManus made long kicks and AV struggled even in practice Smarty Pants....I mean 100GFB!!   :)

Slip Sliding Away? :thinking: Paul Simon

UHHH UHHH....Don't know what ya got till its gone?  Cinderella....bad to the bone :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Maybe just Old McDonald and his misspellings?  "Dagnabbit! C-O-W-EIEIO!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

I did not P nor S in my pants but there other variables we don't know - salary cap, contract.  We don't know unless we sit on the corner office at the ivory tower.  I'm not saying cut AV or keep him but I will agree that his time is approaching.  I'm saying we got to live with the decisions of the front office, we don't know all the variables as mentioned but most importantly we are not in the decision making.  We can call Irsay, Pagano or Grigs names for making a move or non move but at the end of the day they're still getting their paycheck and we are still the unpaid fan reading and commenting of the forum. Don't get me wrong as fans (shorten version of fanatics) we have the right to comment and voice our opinions but with our valued opinions and comments and $5.00 we could get a Happy Meal at Micky D's!

Hey Brent maybe it was that Old Macdonald song -  Put your right foot in and shake it all about.

I hope AV understands as I visit Rapid City, SD many times (AV's home town)

I did not P nor S in my pants but there other variables we don't know - salary cap, contract.  We don't know unless we sit on the corner office at the ivory tower.  I'm not saying cut AV or keep him but I will agree that his time is approaching.  I'm saying we got to live with the decisions of the front office, we don't know all the variables as mentioned but most importantly we are not in the decision making.  We can call Irsay, Pagano or Grigs names for making a move or non move but at the end of the day they're still getting their paycheck and we are still the unpaid fan reading and commenting of the forum. Don't get me wrong as fans (shorten version of fanatics) we have the right to comment and voice our opinions but with our valued opinions and comments and $5.00 we could get a Happy Meal at Micky D's!

Hey Brent maybe it was that Old Macdonald song -  Put your right foot in and shake it all about.

I hope AV understands as I visit Rapid City, SD many times (AV's home town)

I agree 100GFB......I root who we have on this roster 'fanatically' whether I think they should have made the final cut or not.

Old McDonald song?  That was the Hokey Pokey....and no not Hokey Wolf.   :)

Hokey_Wolf_Wallpaper_by_FreezingIceKirby