Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting to doubt releasing PEyton

tyvon19

I know it can go back and forth on this and we will never know who is right or wrong.  I could have to disagree with you.  I have heard it said that if we would have kept Peyton, we likely would have lost Wayne, Freeney, and Mathis.   Peyton is amazing and would have still made us competitive, but we would have had none of the free agents we got this year.   But obviously, the biggest advantage is two years from now when Peyton is probably retired and Luck is in his prime.  Long term, it makes more sense.

But it is certain a valid argument either way, I think.   I am glad to see Peyton playing so well.  He is amazing.  I hope Luck develops Peytons ability to get rid of the ball quickly.

And 3 years from now when he retires after we inevitably get eliminated from the playoffs again were stuck wondering who our next franchise QB would be, We dont know if Peyton would have won that game or not. You recall that int in the playoffs vs the Ravens? He is every bit as subsceptiblr to throwing picks under pressure as Andrew is and maybe even more

Luck will be great and my guess is he will win multiple championships here.

Luck by himself can't win multiple championships in Indy.  Just ask Peyton how that went.  We don't need another QB carrying the team.  We need to win NOW with Luck before he signs he mega contract in a couple of years. 

I have no idea how Peyton would've faired today if he was a Colt. But I do know he's doing well for the Broncos. I do like Andrew Luck a lot though, he's going to be something special. Ohh I have no idea why I started this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Smh

Sheesh I'm having to fix a lot of peoples posts today.

There we go corrected.

He would have won that game. he's killing it with the broncos right now!! And we could have more picks if we traded the #1 pick away

smh

You should have been thinking that way a long time ago. Take all of those picks and add Peyton and you are a Super Bowl Contender this year.

Luck by himself can't win multiple championships in Indy.  Just ask Peyton how that went.  We don't need another QB carrying the team.  We need to win NOW with Luck before he signs he mega contract in a couple of years. 

Exactly, peyton was dominant in the playoffs but we kept losing cuz of the defense and receivers. Luck is no where near as good as peyton. Its a recipe for disaster

Yes, have Peyton for three years before he retires.

Or have Luck for the next 15+ years..

Hmm..

You take those three or four years of being a Super Bowl contender. That is what it is all about. You could have taken Tannehill in the draft and been bringing him along slowly to replace Manning.

It isn't going to happen but if he walks when that contract comes up, I will be laughing my butt off at some of you...

Exactly, peyton was dominant in the playoffs but we kept losing cuz of the defense and receivers. Luck is no where near as good as peyton. Its a recipe for disaster

You do not have a very good memory. That...or you're just trying to justify your own nonsense. Peyton was anything but dominant in the playoffs. It's very well documented and has been one of the biggest knocks on him his entire career.

I wouldn't say Peyton was dominant in the post season.  He was dominant in the regular season and turned into a mortal in the post season.