Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald's missed pass block on final play.

ReMeDy

My point is, any NFL RB can make a simple block, his job, which he is paid significantly to do is to make the block.  I did read your thread carefully, Brown is also decent in the passing game, in the event he could roll into the flat or underneath and make a play is probably why he was in there. However, the blitz came, he stayed in and blew it.  I don't think the Coaches are the one's lost on the little details.

I guess you haven't watched much NFL football. No, not any NFL RB can make a simple block. Many NFL RB'S never see the field, because they can't make a simple block. Brown is no better in the passing game than Bradshaw, but Bradshaw is much better at pass protection. One of the reasons he was signed, that and his hard nosed style of running. Also one of the main reasons Brown has spent a lot of his career on the bench, has been his inability to pass block. Not only do you seem to be lost on the little details, but anything that has to do with football at all. Get a clue.

I was blasted for saying pass blocking was not his strong suit. I think Brown is a better running then Ballard. I was told I was wrong, and wasn't. I am hoping Brown pulls it all together. I want the Colts to win. I don't drive 7 hours every homer game to watch them lose.

he blew the last block, but he played well all day.

just so you all know

pass blocking 101 says that you do not try and cut block a lber. they are too athletic and you will probably look bad. just like brown and just like the te that did it to mathis. this is simple coaching. you just don't do it.

Lots of running backs breaking that rule every weekend....and doing it successfully.

The really bad thing about this play is that we had 2 guys open over the middle of the field. Whalen was open and Reggie was coming open off a slant.  To be fair, i think it was Thornton who also missed his block. I think Luck could have maybe got the throw off had Donald at least slowed the guy down.  If we pick it up i think we are sitting at first and goal. 

The coaches obviously read the thread here where people were raving about what a good blocker Brown is and anyone who thinks differently is a fool. So, I blame it on the fans here who think Brown is great. I thought he should have been cut after his rookie season because he CANNOT block.

LOL!  According to you, Grigson and Pagano are as good as gone then. Parcell's and Polian always said if you listen to the fans, you will soon be sitting with them.  ;)

Sorry Mr. J. Irsay. Us fans let you down.  Make a tweet about how wrong us fans were and we will behave here on out...

;)

I guess you haven't watched much NFL football. No, not any NFL RB can make a simple block. Many NFL RB'S never see the field, because they can't make a simple block. Brown is no better in the passing game than Bradshaw, but Bradshaw is much better at pass protection. One of the reasons he was signed, that and his hard nosed style of running. Also one of the main reasons Brown has spent a lot of his career on the bench, has been his inability to pass block. Not only do you seem to be lost on the little details, but anything that has to do with football at all. Get a clue.

he is on the roster to provide footage for a pretty wedding expose they did on channel 8 and as also friends of the Irsays.

Yeah I'm really sick and tired of Donald Brown myself. He's one of the last glaring reminders of a Polian-era roster. One of my biggest peeves as a Colts fan is every year reading the headlines where "Donald Brown has a chance to step up". He's had 5 YEARS of chances. Cut him.

The Colts are sick of him too since he was demoted to special teams before Ballard got injured.  Not being a good runner obviously sucks but not being able to BLOCK on 3rd and 4th down is even worse.

For the past few yrs Bradshaw has been the BEST blocking running back in the league.  I also wonder as a few have questioned above why he wasn't in instead of Brown?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/

Where were all of you to defend me when I said he barely made the team on a thread here last week. I also said he couldn't block his grandmother and people claimed I never watched any games. Where are they all now. Cut this clown and sign a veteran free agent that can at least block.

You were far from alone.

I posted his playing should change the point spread. And i was not joking.

Him and Angerer for sure. Pat played better than I expected. He really only gave up that 1 play. The 67 yarder. With some serious thanks to Bethea`s mediocre ball skills backing him up. I expected 3-4 smaller burns.

I think Griggs kept all these contract year players to give them their chance to step up, this could also give us a chance to pick up draft picks if we let several go in one season. Experience can make the difference, we all want OUR players to become good. lol