Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we all settle down now?

Legend of Luck

I have two points to make.

1. For all the people freaking about about how close the game was, allow me to point out a few scores from this weekend.

Patriots 23- Bills 21

Seattle 12- Carolina 7

Tennessee 16- Pittsburgh 9

Houston 31- Chargers 28

Philadelphia 33- Washington 27

I could go on and on and on, but in the NFL, where every team can win any game, yes, there are going to be close games with teams that are expected to be terrible. Hints the scores above. Do you see Seattle panicking? No. Do you see New England panicking after almost losing to a rookie qb? No. Do you see Houston panicking after being down 7 to 28? No. We shouldnt be either. A very athletic qb made some incredible plays, but we took him down in the end.

2.  For all the people questioning Chuck, his play calling, and his job security for this supposed "conservative playcalling" after we take a lead, guess what, news flash, EVERY team does that.

Look at Philidelphia in the first half, then compare that to the second half. Now look at the same thing for the Chargers, Cowboys, and Vikings JUST from this week alone. Now think back to last year when we saw the Broncos, Packers, Patriots, and so many other teams do the same thing. They get a lead, then they become a bit more conservative.

Now, I am not saying in ANY WAY, that I agree with this philosophy, but only a troll would come into this forum and actually think it would be anywhere close to a good idea to fire Chuck for WINNING A GAME.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But we were too conservative. I think nearly every qb threw for more yards than luck. I don't mind luck completing 78 percent of passes but I perfer he do it with over 300 yards passing 3 to 4 tds and the w. If we hadn't gone conservative we could have ended game before 4th quarter. Luck doesn't need 16 4th quarter comebacks in a season.

Funny stat after we got up two TDs we threw more than we ran the rest of the game.  Phil B pointed that out today.  I don't think we got too conservative I think we got too predictable and took too many sacks that killed promising drives on the four drives we didn't score on. 

Can't agree more.

It's the big story now: Pagano blew double digit lead again, 3rd time in his 6 games as Colts HC.

I'm getting tired of those stories... We took 4 sacks and D was permeable. The whole team seemed to believe they had won the game.

4 sacks against a Raiders caliber team is something to worry about anyway, however I think no team will have an easy win against them this season.

1. For all the people freaking about about how close the game was, allow me to point out a few scores from this weekend.

Patriots 23- Bills 21

Seattle 12- Carolina 7

Houston 31- Chargers 28

I could go on and on and on, but in the NFL, where every team can win any game, yes, there are going to be close games with teams that are expected to be terrible. Hints the scores above. Do you see Seattle panicking? No. Do you see New England panicking after almost losing to a rookie qb? No. Do you see Houston panicking after being down 7 to 28? No. We shouldnt be either. A very athletic qb made some incredible plays, but we took him down in the end.

2.  For all the people questioning Chuck, his play calling, and his job security for this supposed "conservative playcalling" after we take a lead, guess what, news flash, EVERY team does that.

Look at Philidelphia in the first half, then compare that to the second half. Now look at the same thing for the Chargers, Cowboys, and Vikings JUST from this week alone. Now think back to last year when we saw the Broncos, Packers, Patriots, and so many other teams do the same thing. They get a lead, then they become a bit more conservative.

Now, I am not saying in ANY WAY, that I agree with this philosophy, but only a troll would come into this forum and actually think it would be anywhere close to a good idea to fire Chuck for WINNING A GAME.

It's impossible to take you seriously after ripping Superman for giving an objective and honest write-up for the game. He didn't even disparage the team at all and you jumped down his throat. 

VERY few people here are "freaking out". 

But we were too conservative. I think nearly every qb threw for more yards than luck. I don't mind luck completing 78 percent of passes but I perfer he do it with over 300 yards passing 3 to 4 tds and the w. If we hadn't gone conservative we could have ended game before 4th quarter. Luck doesn't need 16 4th quarter comebacks in a season.

:facepalm:

If I may offer an outsider looking in opinion, you guys won. At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is the scoreboard and Indy took it. You don't need 300+ passing yards or 100+ rushing yards to win, you just need more points. Even a turnover or two is recoverable. Luck is a good QB and has "it". "IT" is what makes the difference between wins and losses. See Tim Tebow who is quite possibly the worst QB since Trent Dilfer to win a playoff game but he has "IT". "IT" is what gets the rest of the team moving. Luck has "IT" and a good arm, good decision making (for a 2nd year QB) and some toys to play with. Indy is on the upswing so no worries as far as i'm concerned. You may not be in the top echelon of football teams (SF, NO, Den, NE [maybe], Hou, GB), but you're creeping. Keep chipping away at the holes while Luck develops and you guys are back to being every year contenders.

Just don't expect to win this week (homer speek). And do something about that OL.

Love,

Dolphins

No, I think we should all be worried because a one trick pony ran all over our defense. (sarcasm)

There were plenty of positives to be taken away from this game. All have been mentioned already, so no need to re-hash them.

I guess I read the positives on another post, but there were plenty. To say that Luck needs to throw 3-4td's and 300 hundred or more yards to have a good game does not make sense to me. Every game will be different and every game will call for different play calling. We may have been too conservative, but give Pep some time to make the adjustments.

Like i said, all they had was a one trick pony for which we had no answer. Fortunately, we came out of it with a win and can grow on that.

Oh that's all? Just 78% and 300yards and 3 to 4 TDs? Cake.

, but only a troll would come into this forum and actually think it would be anywhere close to a good idea to fire Chuck for WINNING A GAME.

I appreciated your observations until this.

It is not necessary to take shots at everyone who disagrees with you.

Can't agree more.

It's the big story now: Pagano blew double digit lead again, 3rd time in his 6 games as Colts HC.

I'm getting tired of those stories... We took 4 sacks and D was permeable. The whole team seemed to believe they had won the game.

4 sacks against a Raiders caliber team is something to worry about anyway, however I think no team will have an easy win against them this season.

LIKE!

I am out of those pesky things buddy!

There may be an easy win against the Raiders, but you can tell the 23 new players know there is nothing to lose....the team cannot fall...all it can do is get better.  They will play their hearts out like we did last year!!!  :)

It's impossible to take you seriously after ripping Superman for giving an objective and honest write-up for the game. He didn't even disparage the team at all and you jumped down his throat. 

VERY few people here are "freaking out". 

There were plenty of people freaking out on these forums yesterday.  Yeah, you can write off many of them as trolls or whatever, but when you got people already discussing the firing of Pep and Pagano, it's safe to say that people were overreacting.

Funny stat after we got up two TDs we threw more than we ran the rest of the game.  Phil B pointed that out today.  I don't think we got too conservative I think we got too predictable and took too many sacks that killed promising drives on the four drives we didn't score on. 

Exactly...even more predictable than Arians last year.....I mentioned that in another thread.  Spot on...

See HCF....sorry...out of likes!!

If I may offer an outsider looking in opinion, you guys won. At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is the scoreboard and Indy took it. You don't need 300+ passing yards or 100+ rushing yards to win, you just need more points. Even a turnover or two is recoverable. Luck is a good QB and has "it". "IT" is what makes the difference between wins and losses. See Tim Tebow who is quite possibly the worst QB since Trent Dilfer to win a playoff game but he has "IT". "IT" is what gets the rest of the team moving. Luck has "IT" and a good arm, good decision making (for a 2nd year QB) and some toys to play with. Indy is on the upswing so no worries as far as i'm concerned. You may not be in the top echelon of football teams (SF, NO, Den, NE [maybe], Hou, GB), but you're creeping. Keep chipping away at the holes while Luck develops and you guys are back to being every year contenders.

Just don't expect to win this week (homer speek). And do something about that OL.

Love,

Dolphins

haha, love the signoff.  Good luck this week. 

Love,

Dolphins

Thanks for being a respectful outside observer. It's always refreshing when opposing teams fans are polite and contribute to discussions.

Love,

Dolphins

It's really hard to dislike the trolls that come in as fans of the opposing team for the week when they sound so reasonable.  I agree 100% other than the crazy part at the end where you think the Dolphins are winning this week.

Then do something about it. Oh wait.....

All I care about is a W.

Patriots 23- Bills 21

Seattle 12- Carolina 7

Houston 31- Chargers 28

Cmon man. You really going to throw away a half decent post by saying something as foolish as that?

Patriots 23- Bills 21

Seattle 12- Carolina 7

Houston 31- Chargers 28

I was one not over reacting and wont,we have things to clean up,but who doesn't.Our D will stand out against the Dolphins,and our Offense will be more steady IMO

Meh.  How many yards to Rodgers throw for and it didn't get him the win.  I mean, yeah the stats are a nice thing to have, but "just win, baby."

I for one wont be waving white flags anytime soon over this team.Ive thought all along they will be very very good.Lol still believe that.Dont mean if I see someone failing to do the job they wont be pointed out.Give praise where praise is do and constructive criticism where its do.I like this team GO :coltslogo:

There were plenty of people freaking out on these forums yesterday.  Yeah, you can write off many of them as trolls or whatever, but when you got people already discussing the firing of Pep and Pagano, it's safe to say that people were overreacting.

The overreacting is by the Homers who took that stuff seriously and wasted others time giving it more life. JMO