Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our schedule is really going to be tough.

Stephen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the teams we play performed descent in week one. The chiefs dolphins and rams look good. Titans seem to be improved and even the chargers look good enough to give us trouble.

Lets go ahead and crown the Broncos as champs while we are at it because it makes COMPLETE sense to make judgements for the season based off week one.. :thmup:

Yes the Dolphins did look good! Greetings from Miami friends. Looking good for another W on the road this weekend! Get Luck some roller blades or something, he's gonna need them to get away from the #1 4/3 DE in the league on the #1 DL in the league  :)

Love,

Dolphins

Remember Ski_Money that our QB isn't a statue.  

You could make a case for each of a the Dolphins, Rams and Chiefs not having a decent QB this year. 

I think you can make an even better case that all three have very good QBs. If they don't do well, QB will not be the problem. I think all three are greatly improved the Chiefs will battle for a wild card spot.

Yes the Dolphins did look good! Greetings from Miami friends. Looking good for another W on the road this weekend! Get Luck some roller blades or something, he's gonna need them to get away from the #1 4/3 DE in the league on the #1 DL in the league :)

Love,

Dolphins

i didn't know demarcus ware got traded to the dolphins.

I think you can make an even better case that all three have very good QBs. If they don't do well, QB will not be the problem. I think all three are greatly improved the Chiefs will battle for a wild card spot.

according to your hero John Clayton, they are all below average

First, it's week one, arguably the most difficult week in all of football excluding playoffs.  You're still learning about your own team and you don't know anything about the team you are facing except what they did last year.  Like any new season, A LOT has changed since last year and you can't put much stock in it unless it's an intra-division rival whom you are more familiar with. 

Second, we only have one game of film on Pryor (he played in 3 last year, but 2 of the games don't really count - 1 pass attempt in each).  So you don't really have much real game time film to dissect.  You got the pre-season, but everything is so vanilla, its difficult to really trust it.  He surprised everyone.  It happens.  It was the first time we've seen a read-option/pistol offense.  Given that it's week one and the first time we also faced a pistol offense, we were on a HUGE learning curve.  Now we have some experience with it, and it will be very helpful when we play teams that are much better in utilizing it (i.e. SF).  But the bottom line is, we still won the game and that's all that matters.  Learn from what we did wrong and improve.  That's all you can ask for.

Most of the teams we play performed descent in week one. The chiefs dolphins and rams look good. Titans seem to be improved and even the chargers look good enough to give us trouble.

Dear God...

It is week # 1 for crying out loud. Nothing can be measured from such a small sample size.  If that was the case, wouldn't we all believe that the Ravens are going to be horrible this year? 

Have you ever started a thread where the masses have gone - "you know Stephen, that is a really good point.  I had not thought of that."

Any given Sunday Stephen, teams can play their best *or their worst. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Dear God...

It is week # 1 for crying out loud. Nothing can be measured from such a small sample size.  If that was the case, wouldn't we all believe that the Ravens are going to be horrible this year? 

Have you ever started a thread where the masses have gone - "you know Stephen, that is a really good point.  I had not thought of that."

God appreciates all the letters over the years.

Dear God...

Generally true. OTOH, you can suspect some things based upon week one, and past performance.  I suspect the Colts are a playoff caliber team.  I am not sure we can win the division, though. And probably are not a Super Bowl contender. Why? The O-line.  It has been abysmal for years, and doesn't appear to be any better after week one.  Yes, they could get better, but past performance doesn't point that way.  And some teams, like Colts and Packers for two, with bad O-lines can win games,many in fact. Even make playoffs.But they usually can't buzz saw through all of elite SB contenders one after another.  At least one will decimate those O lines and disrupt the QB and offense scheme, making a win very tough in a playoff scenario.  So unless our O line gets significantly better, our road to the SB gets much harder.  I'd like to see how the D performs with more a typical NFL offense schemes. By week 6 we'll pretty much know what's is what.

I don't agree with chiefs always thought Alex smith was decent. Bradford is up and down and tannehill is worst of that group.

Smith seems to typify a game manager, solid but won't ever carry a team like say Luck. Bradford has had a few seasons now promising a breakout but not fulfilled his promise. I'd put Tannehill above both, but I don't think he's top tier either.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 15, 2013 - trolling, poster banned, posts removed
Hidden by Nadine, September 15, 2013 - trolling, poster banned, posts removed

i didn't know demarcus ware got traded to the dolphins.

I was going to post a gif of Wake absolutely dominating Cleveland's top offensive line with 3 sacks, but the site won't let me do it. Wake > Ware 8 days a week.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 15, 2013 - trolling, poster banned, posts removed

I don't agree with chiefs always thought Alex smith was decent. Bradford is up and down and tannehill is worst of that group.

You have obviously never watched Tannehill play. It's all good. I look forward to the massive crow you will be eating come Sunday night.

I suspect the Colts are a playoff caliber team.  

Indy definitely over achieved last season, don't expect another 11-5. Miami's defense is better at literally every single position on the defense (BY FAR), offensive line is a wash as well as both RBs (I'd say Miller without a doubt has more potential than Ballard though), and Miami has the better receiving core as well as Special Teams. Don't expect the same secondary Luck torched last season, you picked up our trash in Vontae Davis (thanks for the 2nd rounder, without you guys, we would not have Dion Jordan), and we replaced him with an All-Pro CB and Dmitri Patterson, who had 2 picks last Sunday as well as a top 3 safety tandem in the league.

Luck is definitely ahead of Tannehill, you guys for sure have a GREAT QB in the making, he is well past the rookie learning curve, even last season. However, I fully expect the Tannehill and Luck match ups to perennially take place over the Brady - Peyton games. We'll see.

As far as I'm concerned the only position that Indy truly has over Miami at the moment, is Andrew Luck at QB. This does not mean that Tannehill won't outperform him going against an inferior defense either though. In fact, I do not see a reason why Miami wouldn't be favored for this game, despite the fact that it's a road game.

Indy definitely over achieved last season, don't expect another 11-5. Miami's defense is better at literally every single position on the defense (BY FAR), offensive line is a wash as well as both RBs (I'd say Miller without a doubt has more potential than Ballard though), and Miami has the better receiving core as well as Special Teams. Don't expect the same secondary Luck torched last season, you picked up our trash in Vontae Davis (thanks for the 2nd rounder, without you guys, we would not have Dion Jordan), and we replaced him with an All-Pro CB and Dmitri Patterson, who had 2 picks last Sunday as well as a top 3 safety tandem in the league.

Luck is definitely ahead of Tannehill, you guys for sure have a GREAT QB in the making, he is well past the rookie learning curve, even last season. However, I fully expect the Tannehill and Luck match ups to perennially take place over the Brady - Peyton games. We'll see.

As far as I'm concerned the only position that Indy truly has over Miami at the moment, is Andrew Luck at QB. This does not mean that Tannehill won't outperform him going against an inferior defense either though. In fact, I do not see a reason why Miami wouldn't be favored for this game, despite the fact that it's a road game.

Christ, now we have dolphins trolls call me when you guys are relevant

You have obviously never watched Tannehill play. It's all good. I look forward to the massive crow you will be eating come Sunday night.

We all saw him play last year.....when the Colts beat the Dolphins. I admit, I like Tannehill's potential though.

Christ, now we have dolphins trolls call me when you guys are relevant

Kudos, you respond to an educated, thought out post with one sentence labeling me as a troll. You have probably never seen one before, because if you think what I posted was "trolling", you are in for a rude awakening when you actually encounter one. I just find it telling, and comical how you didn't even make an attempt to debunk what I said. Perhaps you believe there is some truth to it?   :thmup:

I was going to post a gif of Wake absolutely dominating Cleveland's top offensive line with 3 sacks, but the site won't let me do it. Wake > Ware 8 days a week.

Have to agree. Wake's speed off the edge is untouchable. Ware is ahead of Wake because of his tenure in the NFL; Wake has been in the league for five years and Ware nine.

I've watched tannehill play and am not impressed with him yet. Could he become good enough to surpass Bradford and smith by season's end yes, but I don't believe he is better than both of them yet.

Sorry, I stopped when you said that Dmitri Patterson is an all pro CB. If he's an All pro, then I guess Vontae Davis is the GOAT.

Tannehill has tons of potential, just like Luck, but he's too immature as a QB for them to do much damage this year imo.

They have a better receiver core? I'd take Reggie, TY and DHB any day over the 60 million dollar man, Hartline and Gibson.

Let's see what happens this weekend. It should be a fun matchup to watch, but don't think the Dolphins D is good enough to stop Luck.

haha, ohhhh sheesh I needed a good laugh.. That's a good one gotta give ya some credit there...

Luck is just vastly superior.

Luck is superior to any rookie QB I have witnessed, I agree. Tannehill has an insane amount of potential due solely to the lack of experience he had in college. He has barely 30 starts as a QB in football. Period. Yet he still performs at a high level in the pros, the running game was completely shut down against Cleveland, so he took over and beat an arguably top 8 pass defense in the Browns. Joe Haden and TJ Ward are darn good DBs. At least we didn't inexplicably lose games on purpose and tank an entire season for Tannehill though. Some would call that cheating (refer to my username).   :goodluck:

Since I can't make another post until tomorrow due to site rules, I never said Patterson was the All-Pro. Brent Grimes is, Patterson is leading the league in interceptions right now though.   :thmup:

We have two proven 1,000 yard receivers on the same squad, and Gibson converted the most 1st downs in football last season. If a neutral football guy scouted both receiving cores, and studied their film, there is no way he chooses the Colts squad over the 'Fins.

As for Cameron Wake, yall will get properly introduced real soon: 

For a moment, it looked like our top-rated 4-3 DE a season ago might start the season slowly when he missed a tackle on fifth offensive play of the game. Unfortunately for the Browns, that moment lasted just a single play as Cameron Wake stood up his blocker to force a cut on the very next play. From then on, whoever Cleveland put in front of him didn’t stand a chance. The end tallied four stops in the run along with 10 QB disruptions (three sacks, two hits, and five hurries) in 44 snaps rushing the passer, en route to a monster +7.8 grade on the day. Future opponents may want to consider chipping Wake, whose speed off the edge is nearly impossible for most tackles to deal with, as was certainly the case for the second-year Mitchell Schwartz, who is no slouch himself, having graded at +16.1 in 2012. If not, we’ll surely be seeing more plays like the one Wake made at 12:46 in the fourth quarter, when he exploded around the edge to hurry a throw, reaching the QB in 1.8 seconds, despite having to go around a TE lined up on the right side.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-mia-cle-week-1/

Kudos, you respond to an educated, thought out post with one sentence labeling me as a troll. You have probably never seen one before, because if you think what I posted was "trolling", you are in for a rude awakening when you actually encounter one. I just find it telling, and comical how you didn't even make an attempt to debunk what I said. Perhaps you believe there is some truth to it? :thmup:

the phins are on a real roll. a one game win streak.. congrats.

Luck is superior to any rookie QB I have witnessed, I agree. Tannehill has an insane amount of potential due solely to the lack of experience he had in college. He has barely 30 starts as a QB in football. Period. Yet he still performs at a high level in the pros, the running game was completely shut down against Cleveland, so he took over and beat an arguably top 8 pass defense in the Browns. Joe Haden and TJ Ward are darn good DBs. At least we didn't inexplicably lose games on purpose and tank an entire season for Tannehill though. Some would call that cheating.   :goodluck:

Since I can't make another post until tomorrow due to site rules, I never said Patterson was the All-Pro. Brent Grimes is, Patterson is leading the league in interceptions right now though.   :thmup:

That's so dumb. Why am I even paying attention to it.

I disagree. While the dolphins prob have a better defensive line and offensive line I do not believe your receiving corp is better than ours. Pep kept our receiving corps under wraps for the most part versus the raiders. Dhb, fleener, ty Hilton all could have been more involved in offense. I'm not sure what the deal is with the dolphins run game. As for how we match up I don't have a clue. Are we going to see a colts team that only attempts 23 passes or will they let luck loose on offense. chances are if luck throws just 23 passes versus dolphins yall will have a better chance to win.