Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our schedule is really going to be tough.

Stephen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I stopped when you said that Dmitri Patterson is an all pro CB. If he's an All pro, then I guess Vontae Davis is the GOAT.

Tannehill has tons of potential, just like Luck, but he's too immature as a QB for them to do much damage this year imo.

They have a better receiver core? I'd take Reggie, TY and DHB any day over the 60 million dollar man, Hartline and Gibson.

Let's see what happens this weekend. It should be a fun matchup to watch, but don't think the Dolphins D is good enough to stop Luck.

Think we was referring the Grimes as an all Pro CB not Patterson.

Immature? I wouldn't exactly use that to describe Tannehill. 

Colts WR>Dolphins WR

I'm not going to be cocky and expect a win, but I expect it to be a tough game. 2013 Dolphins D>2012 Dolphins D also.

Think we was referring the Grimes as an all Pro CB not Patterson.

Immature? I wouldn't exactly use that to describe Tannehill. 

Colts WR>Dolphins WR

I'm not going to be cocky and expect a win, but I expect it to be a tough game. 2013 Dolphins D>2012 Dolphins D also.

Gotcha, my bad on the Patterson thing.

However, as for Tannehill, I've been watching a lot of him (every snap). He is immature. He's still looks inexperienced out there. He still makes quite a few mistakes and his reading isn't up to par with what it should be. He makes some great throws out there and there is tons of potential, top 10 potential. However, he needs to get the mental aspect of quarterbacking down because that's very far from perfect.

So yes, I would say immature.

Gotcha, my bad on the Patterson thing.

However, as for Tannehill, I've been watching a lot of him (every snap). He is immature. He's still looks inexperienced out there. He still makes quite a few mistakes and his reading isn't up to par with what it should be. He makes some great throws out there and there is tons of potential, top 10 potential. However, he needs to get the mental aspect of quarterbacking down because that's very far from perfect.

So yes, I would say immature.

I can agree with that. 

Tannehill does have a lot of potential. Yall didn't see a full powered browns team since they lacked Gordon. Also Wallace has to get ball or he might go ape lol.

Gordon definitely would have made a difference but I still think we would have won. The OC needs to get Wallace more involved; a screen, slant, something. Just had him going deep for the most part. The Tannehill-to-Wallace connection will be good by week 4 hopefully. 

Kudos, you respond to an educated, thought out post with one sentence labeling me as a troll. You have probably never seen one before, because if you think what I posted was "trolling", you are in for a rude awakening when you actually encounter one. I just find it telling, and comical how you didn't even make an attempt to debunk what I said. Perhaps you believe there is some truth to it?   :thmup:

I suggest a new name. " Tanked For Luck " will not make good 1st impressions. Just sayin.

Tannehill does have a lot of potential. Yall didn't see a full powered browns team since they lacked Gordon. Also Wallace has to get ball or he might go ape lol.

Having Gordon wouldn't have made a difference. There's only a handful of receivers in the league that could have made a difference in that game and Gordon is definitely not one of them. 

Luck is superior to any rookie QB I have witnessed, I agree. Tannehill has an insane amount of potential due solely to the lack of experience he had in college. He has barely 30 starts as a QB in football. Period. Yet he still performs at a high level in the pros, the running game was completely shut down against Cleveland, so he took over and beat an arguably top 8 pass defense in the Browns. Joe Haden and TJ Ward are darn good DBs. At least we didn't inexplicably lose games on purpose and tank an entire season for Tannehill though. Some would call that cheating (refer to my username).   :goodluck:

Since I can't make another post until tomorrow due to site rules, I never said Patterson was the All-Pro. Brent Grimes is, Patterson is leading the league in interceptions right now though.   :thmup:

We have two proven 1,000 yard receivers on the same squad, and Gibson converted the most 1st downs in football last season. If a neutral football guy scouted both receiving cores, and studied their film, there is no way he chooses the Colts squad over the 'Fins.

As for Cameron Wake, yall will get properly introduced real soon: 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-mia-cle-week-1/

Good post but then you just had to throw in unnecessary garbage>"At least we didn't inexplicably lose games on purpose and tank an entire season for Tannehill though. Some would call that cheating (refer to my username).   :goodluck:"

Comon man

You have obviously never watched Tannehill play. It's all good. I look forward to the massive crow you will be eating come Sunday night.

I don't think you have ever watched Tannehill play.

Kudos, you respond to an educated, thought out post with one sentence labeling me as a troll. You have probably never seen one before, because if you think what I posted was "trolling", you are in for a rude awakening when you actually encounter one. I just find it telling, and comical how you didn't even make an attempt to debunk what I said. Perhaps you believe there is some truth to it?   :thmup:

I don't think you know the definition of education or troll. I'm sure you can find a mirror under your bridge. Oh and watch out for goats.

Luck is superior to any rookie QB I have witnessed, I agree. Tannehill has an insane amount of potential due solely to the lack of experience he had in college. He has barely 30 starts as a QB in football. Period. Yet he still performs at a high level in the pros, the running game was completely shut down against Cleveland, so he took over and beat an arguably top 8 pass defense in the Browns. Joe Haden and TJ Ward are darn good DBs. At least we didn't inexplicably lose games on purpose and tank an entire season for Tannehill though. Some would call that cheating (refer to my username).   :goodluck:

Since I can't make another post until tomorrow due to site rules, I never said Patterson was the All-Pro. Brent Grimes is, Patterson is leading the league in interceptions right now though.   :thmup:

We have two proven 1,000 yard receivers on the same squad, and Gibson converted the most 1st downs in football last season. If a neutral football guy scouted both receiving cores, and studied their film, there is no way he chooses the Colts squad over the 'Fins.

The Colts had NO running game last year and they won 11 games, congratulations on winning one with no run game. You guys got what 4 turnovers and won by 13 points...watch out Juggernaut coming through. You're right the Dolphins have tanked several seasons not just one, although I recall a lot of Dolphins fans wanting to suck for Luck...I guess you guys were .500 in that respect.

Congrats on Patterson leading the league in int's after one week, I'm sculpting his bust for Canton as we speak.

I guess if those scouts you were referring to are the same scouts that have been associated with the Dolphins since Marino left then I could understand them picking the Dolphins WR's over Indy's.

As for all of us getting introduced to Cameron Wake real soon none of us play for the Colts, so unfortunately we won't be able to be properly introduced. But I'm sure Mr. Wake will learn a lot of last names on Sunday.

I hear that Cokes pair very well with smiles, I would suggest having both.

Generally true. OTOH, you can suspect some things based upon week one, and past performance.  I suspect the Colts are a playoff caliber team.  I am not sure we can win the division, though. And probably are not a Super Bowl contender. Why? The O-line.  It has been abysmal for years, and doesn't appear to be any better after week one.  Yes, they could get better, but past performance doesn't point that way.  And some teams, like Colts and Packers for two, with bad O-lines can win games,many in fact. Even make playoffs.But they usually can't buzz saw through all of elite SB contenders one after another.  At least one will decimate those O lines and disrupt the QB and offense scheme, making a win very tough in a playoff scenario.  So unless our O line gets significantly better, our road to the SB gets much harder.  I'd like to see how the D performs with more a typical NFL offense schemes. By week 6 we'll pretty much know what's is what.

How do you measure past performance when 40% of the o'line has new starters? 

Your last statement is most correct.  But even after week 6, things can change.  There will be a time when we have an idea of what the Colts are and how good the line may or may not be.  But right now, no way to tell.  That is the ultimate point.

Indy definitely over achieved last season, don't expect another 11-5. Miami's defense is better at literally every single position on the defense (BY FAR), offensive line is a wash as well as both RBs (I'd say Miller without a doubt has more potential than Ballard though), and Miami has the better receiving core as well as Special Teams. Don't expect the same secondary Luck torched last season, you picked up our trash in Vontae Davis (thanks for the 2nd rounder, without you guys, we would not have Dion Jordan), and we replaced him with an All-Pro CB and Dmitri Patterson, who had 2 picks last Sunday as well as a top 3 safety tandem in the league.

Luck is definitely ahead of Tannehill, you guys for sure have a GREAT QB in the making, he is well past the rookie learning curve, even last season. However, I fully expect the Tannehill and Luck match ups to perennially take place over the Brady - Peyton games. We'll see.

As far as I'm concerned the only position that Indy truly has over Miami at the moment, is Andrew Luck at QB. This does not mean that Tannehill won't outperform him going against an inferior defense either though. In fact, I do not see a reason why Miami wouldn't be favored for this game, despite the fact that it's a road game.

Heard a lot of this junk last year too. Dolphins were great blah blah.. After Luck shredded your D, your season went downhill

Your last statement is most correct.  But even after week 6, things can change.  There will be a time when we have an idea of what the Colts are and how good the line may or may not be.  But right now, no way to tell.  That is the ultimate point.

You can tell because all three of the returning starters are at the bottom of the league at their position.

Their lack of physical tools won`t change.

Maybe a rookie RG sometime as our upgrade.

Maybe Castonzo gets hurt and we get Reitz in there as a better pass blocker

You can tell because all three of the returning starters are at the bottom of the league at their position.

Their lack of physical tools won`t change.

Maybe a rookie RG sometime as our upgrade.

Maybe Castonzo gets hurt and we get Reitz in there as a better pass blocker

Point still stands.  It is way too early to draw any informed decisions right now.  If the Colts had rushed for 300 yards, did not allow a sack and Luck threw for 5 TD's, still would not change.  I just think that all those doom & gloom panic attacks that everyone had on Sunday were incomprehensibly dumb. Best to wait at least until after week 4 to make any declarative statements about what the Colts are or are not. 

according to your hero John Clayton, they are all below average

It is hard to be in the top half as long as QBs like P. Manning, E. Manning. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco and Kaepernick dominate the top ten the way they are. Only the next five spots are up for grabs and I think that Schaub and Phillip Rivers take two of those so that leaves only three spots to be above average as you put it. That next ten after Schaub and Rivers are very close in my opinion.

I measures a trend. A good portion of what set that trend is still there, and evidently not improving as much as hoped.  They new guys impact didn't change things overall much either, so far.  A few more weeks and it will pretty much be what it will be.  But sign aren't too promising. They may still get better, but ALL teams are trying to get better. Who gets better more/faster/?

Go away. Your not welcome here

Just being realistic. I am not as confident as I was before the season began and 7-9 is hardly drafting #1 overall. I think we have a tough schedule and we're going to be in a lot of dogfights. Dig this post up in four months and see if my strange intuition is not correct. More often then not when I get these feelings, it is sadly correct.

Just being realistic. I am not as confident as I was before the season began and 7-9 is hardly drafting #1 overall. I think we have a tough schedule and we're going to be in a lot of dogfights. Dig this post up in four months and see if my strange intuition is not correct. More often then not when I get these feelings, it is sadly correct.

But we don't have that tough a schedule. Yes, 49ers, Seahawks, Denver, Bengals and Houston are tough but we should win at least one of 4 of SF, Seattle, Cincinatti and Denver, and we'll win at least one vs Houston like always. So that's 2-4 against those teams at the very worst. Your saying we're going to go 5-5 vs. Jaguars twice, Oakland (already played and won), Cardinals, Titans twice, Dolphns, Chiefs, Chargers and the Rams in games that we should all be the favorite. Taking the Oakland game we already one, you expect us to go about 4-5 vs the remaining teams? 

People are also forgetting, Week 1 you never look your best... To start with your starters really haven't played in 2+ weeks and even then they might of only played a half... It takes time to gel, and I thought 99 retired off the Dolphins... So I am not sure who the Fins fan is talking about..

But we don't have that tough a schedule. Yes, 49ers, Seahawks, Denver, Bengals and Houston are tough but we should win at least one of 4 of SF, Seattle, Cincinatti and Denver, and we'll win at least one vs Houston like always. So that's 2-4 against those teams at the very worst. Your saying we're going to go 5-5 vs. Jaguars twice, Oakland (already played and won), Cardinals, Titans twice, Dolphns, Chiefs, Chargers and the Rams in games that we should all be the favorite. Taking the Oakland game we already one, you expect us to go about 4-5 vs the remaining teams? 

I think you are making assumptions that shouldn't be made. WHY are we guaranteed to beat one of SF, Seattle, Cincinnati or Denver? Why are we guaranteed to beat our top division opponent?

I'm saying we could easily lose all those; and a couple of the ones we "shouldn't" like Miami, San Diego, St. Louis, KC.... I'll give you we should beat the Jaguars twice, but we didn't last year.

It's just a gut feeling really. I feel like we are going to be around .500 and have a tough time of it. I am glad we are 1-0 and with a chance at home to be 2-0 after this week but after last week there are no gimmies for this bunch and no week will be easy for us like it will be the Denvers, SF, Seattles of the league.

People are also forgetting, Week 1 you never look your best... To start with your starters really haven't played in 2+ weeks and even then they might of only played a half... It takes time to gel, and I thought 99 retired off the Dolphins... So I am not sure who the Fins fan is talking about..

I don't know, I thought there were teams out there who looked really, really close to flawless.

I think Seattle and San Fran might only lose to eachother and another game or two. I think Denver could easily go 12-4 or 13-3. I get what your saying, that definitely wasn't our best effort... we will be better than that... but I think you can easily see the dominant teams out there and the teams who might be in trouble down the way (Green bay is another)

It is hard to be in the top half as long as QBs like P. Manning, E. Manning. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco and Kaepernick dominate the top ten the way they are. Only the next five spots are up for grabs and I think that Schaub and Phillip Rivers take two of those so that leaves only three spots to be above average as you put it. That next ten after Schaub and Rivers are very close in my opinion.

i like how you left Luck(13 on claytons list) off. you are so transparent its ridiculous

why have expectations? why not just let it play out

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-mia-cle-week-1/

Definitely agree with Tannehill becoming solid, no Luck yeah but solid possibly.  Peyton and Brady are the absolute best of the best so I don't ever see Luck and Tannehill being anything even remotely close, kind of a pipe dream. 

Tannehill and Weeden could develop quite the little rivalry though :lol: .

With regards to tanking for Luck all you had to do was really watch the Colts play that year to realize that the team was just absolutely horrendous.  If we simply would have put in Orlavsky at the beginning of the year the outcome MAY have been different.  Sides you really think the organization wanted to create that big time controversy regarding letting go of Manning???  You wouldn't know anything with regards to that, but we all have our opinions.  Needless to say it was a complete MESS haha.  If you watched the team they actually tried their butts off that year. 

Colts have already been introduced to Wake indeed last year :thmup: , guy is a beast but we have two pro bowl safeties in Bethea and an absolute Hulk in Landry.  I'm sure the Dolphins will be more than acquainted with them both after the game.  Don't count out Robert Mathis also :).

With regards to the Dolphins beating us out in every aspect I personally think the Colts have a better WR core, QB (obviously), RBs with Ballard and Bradshaw, tight ends with Dwayne Allen and Fleener, and a better Saftey Core with Landry and Bethea. 

Indy definitely over achieved last season, don't expect another 11-5. Miami's defense is better at literally every single position on the defense (BY FAR), offensive line is a wash as well as both RBs (I'd say Miller without a doubt has more potential than Ballard though), and Miami has the better receiving core as well as Special Teams. Don't expect the same secondary Luck torched last season, you picked up our trash in Vontae Davis (thanks for the 2nd rounder, without you guys, we would not have Dion Jordan), and we replaced him with an All-Pro CB and Dmitri Patterson, who had 2 picks last Sunday as well as a top 3 safety tandem in the league.

Luck is definitely ahead of Tannehill, you guys for sure have a GREAT QB in the making, he is well past the rookie learning curve, even last season. However, I fully expect the Tannehill and Luck match ups to perennially take place over the Brady - Peyton games. We'll see.

As far as I'm concerned the only position that Indy truly has over Miami at the moment, is Andrew Luck at QB. This does not mean that Tannehill won't outperform him going against an inferior defense either though. In fact, I do not see a reason why Miami wouldn't be favored for this game, despite the fact that it's a road game.

Not quite sure what to make of you. First you claim to not be a troll yet your user name suggests otherwise. If not a troll certainly a not so veiled attempt to incite the masses. Then your point is about the Colts tanking is just simply not accurate. Why win games in week 15 & 16 and then be in the last game of the season against the Jags if they are tanking? But pretending they did, can you blame them? Look at the freaking pay off.

Again let's play pretend and go with your theory that the only position the Colts are superior is at QB. Isn't that a good thing considering that it is only the most important position in all of sport? But then the belief that is the only place where the Colts don't have superior or at least comparable talent is pure folly.

Lastly, I spend time on other team's board and enjoy it when others come in this board. I have seen other stuff you have posted and there is some reasonable points made. I hope you stay for the week and manage not to get banned. Will be up for a decent debate.

I think you are making assumptions that shouldn't be made. WHY are we guaranteed to beat one of SF, Seattle, Cincinnati or Denver? Why are we guaranteed to beat our top division opponent?

I'm saying we could easily lose all those; and a couple of the ones we "shouldn't" like Miami, San Diego, St. Louis, KC.... I'll give you we should beat the Jaguars twice, but we didn't last year.

It's just a gut feeling really. I feel like we are going to be around .500 and have a tough time of it. I am glad we are 1-0 and with a chance at home to be 2-0 after this week but after last week there are no gimmies for this bunch and no week will be easy for us like it will be the Denvers, SF, Seattles of the league.

There are no guarantee's in the NFL which is why we could beat Denver, SF, Cincinatti, and Seattle. I also would not say Cincinatti is on the same level as those teams and I actually think the Colts are better than the Bengals. I'm sure a lot of people do. And I think it's a 50-50 game vs Seattle since it's in Indy. As for the lesser teams, yes there is some talented teams we have to face but as we've seen Luck and the Colts find ways to win. We'll have the better QB in almost all of those games and I'm hoping he can dictate the pace of each of them. 

What your not taking into account is that we're a better team this year than last year and it takes time to gel. They may not have looked like an 11-5 or 12-4 team week 1 but a lot of teams play down to their opponents on week 1. Example: Houston, Seattle, New England, etc. Yet good teams find ways to win. I expect as the season goes on to show the NFL we are for real. We have playmakers (Hilton, Wayne, DHB, Bradshaw, Allen, hopefully Fleener), A good secondary (Landry, Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler), Specialized run stoppers (RJF, Walden, Chapman), Experienced LB's or DE's (Angerer, Freeman, Redding, and a still upper echelon Mathis), and last but not least an elite punter and good kicker. Well actually, last but not least a super clutch franchise QB in Luck that has all the tools to be a great one. 

The O-line actually does have nice pieces (Cherilus, Thomas and Costanzo) but O-line's need to mesh and Mglynn should not be starting. Once it meshes and Thornton possibly replaces Mglynn, the O-line should be much improved. Another weakness is pass rush, which I believe is more about scheme than anything. Let's hope Manusky can find a way to improve in that area. 

I've kind of strayed away from my point, but anyway like I was saying we are not a 7-9 team. 7-9 teams are like the Titans or Browns or Rams. Not the Colts led by Andrew Luck.