Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Once again.

House

Luck makes plays when he needs to.

The lulls we go through midway in games needs to be addressed, but I couldn't be more impressed by the way he plays when we need him more.

Clutch pass to Reggie on that drive too. Those two have a great connection in such a short amount of time together.

I would also like to see what Luck could do with a decent OLine, but alas......

I will admit it was pretty incredible when he got swallowed by those tacklers, and just busts out for a first down haha.

The lulls we go through midway in games needs to be addressed, but I couldn't be more impressed by the way he plays when we need him more.

Clutch pass to Reggie on that drive too. Those two have a great connection in such a short amount of time together.

I will admit it was pretty incredible when he got swallowed by those tacklers, and just busts out for a first down haha.

But they really must fix that they play like that next week and Miami will beat them and if they don't the 49ers will.

But they really must fix that they play like that next week and Miami will beat them and if they don't the 49ers will.

I'm going to be at that game, so they better play better lol.

I think the offense got really out of rhythm because the D couldn't get the Raiders off the field consistently.

Luck is clutch. Have to be lucky that we have him. Always feel like he gives us a chance

I don't know what its going to take for McGlynn to get benched. I'm not one to root for injury for any player, but i found myself hoping McGlynn would come up gimpy today so the coaches would finally realize just how bad he sucks when thornton would come in and outplay him.

I Agree Balzer.. I am a huge fan of thornton he has a mean streak in him that our o-line needs.. idk why the coaching staff refuses to see it. Its almost like they want the oline to fail. I want thornton to start. Also is the rookie center holmes injured or are they just not starting him ?. I tjink he would be an upgrade over satele personally.

I don't know what its going to take for McGlynn to get benched. I'm not one to root for injury for any player, but i found myself hoping McGlynn would come up gimpy today so the coaches would finally realize just how bad he sucks when thornton would come in and outplay him.

If Thorton hadn't missed almost all of training camp I doubt MM would be starting.

He wasn't the only problem with the protection.  But he certainly was a big part of it.  I guess they have concerns with Thorton's inexperience.

The coaches are going to have to scheme with Wake coming to town next week.

Thornton played a lot today in the unbalanced line they were using.  Honestly while I don't think McGlynn was great today I thought the bigger issue was Castonzo.  He was getting mauled.  However I don't think Castonzo was 100% either. 

Thornton played a lot today in the unbalanced line they were using.  Honestly while I don't think McGlynn was great today I thought the bigger issue was Castonzo.  He was getting mauled.  However I don't think Castonzo was 100% either.

Castonzo has been a mediocre pass blocker thus far in his career. For some reason he gets a pass compared to the rest of the line. Hopefully he can pick it up.....big year for him.

Holmes was on the list of inactives today, so they must be being cautious about an injury.

Could be he was a healthy scratch too, you have that early in the season and since he's pretty much just the back up center and we could have slide McGlynn over there to get us through the game if something happened to Satele it's not impossible he was scratched.  He missed so much camp he's probably not really ready to be out there in game action yet. 

Castonzo has been a mediocre pass blocker thus far in his career. For some reason he gets a pass compared to the rest of the line. Hopefully he can pick it up.....big year for him.

Today being mediocre would have been an improvement.  He looked worse than he has in the past and even worse than he did in the pre-season that's why I think the injury had an impact on him at least today. 

Holmes was on the list of inactives today, so they must be being cautious about an injury.

well they can only hold a certain amount players in uni like 46 per game or something ain't it i'd say they would have wanted Link and reitz due to their multiple position ability. 

I'm Worried about him too was hoping he would have stepped up more . granted its just game one might need to get more time and rhythm. But we need to get the two rookies in they by week 4 i think if we can have Castonzo, Thomas, Holmes, Thornton, Cherlis playing and gelled by week 6 i'd be satisfied and then start discussing if the Line has gotten better cause as of now it still has some of the weak links of last year remaining . I think that that is the line the coaches want but i also think they don't want to throw the rookies in the deep end and want to progress them in over the season and that is why MM and Sat are still starting,    

Today being mediocre would have been an improvement.  He looked worse than he has in the past and even worse than he did in the pre-season that's why I think the injury had an impact on him at least today. 

I hope it was and has been an injury, otherwise......

Yes, we need to have Hilton on the field more..he's just too good to be sitting on the bench.

Agree. Heck, even Harbaugh realized he has to take it up a notch and not just run the Alex Smith style west coast offense to take his team to the next level. So he made some radical changes and soon it will pay off in the air as much as it has paid off on the ground too.

Quick change and more usage of POSSE personnel 3 WR, 1 TE (especially against the Dolphins who will be challenged in the secondary and considering TY lit them up last year), going no huddle to tire out their front 7 should all be changes incorporated. It is a good front 7 but to negate it, you have to pick on their secondary more with more speed, can't expect to run that much vs that Dolphins' front, IMO.

Luck had a great game but Hilton needs to be involved much more to open up the offense.

As a man with Hilton on my fantasy team, I agree 100% about Hilton

Luck had a good game but I'm not sure it's a great game.  I remember 2 instances where he saw pressure coming and was outside of the pocket and should have gotten rid of the ball but did not.  One of those times he stepped out of bounds about 3 yards behind the LOS.  The other one he just took the sack.

Agree. Heck, even Harbaugh realized he has to take it up a notch and not just run the Alex Smith style west coast offense to take his team to the next level. So he made some radical changes and soon it will pay off in the air as much as it has paid off on the ground too.

Quick change and more usage of POSSE personnel 3 WR, 1 TE (especially against the Dolphins who will be challenged in the secondary and considering TY lit them up last year), going no huddle to tire out their front 7 should all be changes incorporated. It is a good front 7 but to negate it, you have to pick on their secondary more with more speed, can't expect to run that much vs that Dolphins' front, IMO.

If Allen can't go this week than I love the idea of the 3 WR set.

TY and DHB can spread the field with their elite speed.. And Reggie's going to get his respect.

We need to establish the run early.. And keep Wake and Jordon off of Luck.

Even though Fleener has been disappointing.. He's still 6'6 with great speed.. SPREAD the field!!!

i totally agree but i also would like to see luck in the pistol running the read option if it works for these teams that dont have very good passers imagine what a polished passer like luck could do, im not saying excessive running like rg3, or pryor today but just enough to keep the d honest