Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes out of boot; practicing.

Dustin

I think so. He played all of 2010 at RG IIRC.

You maybe entirely right.....   but given that when he was healthy he was practicing mostly (entirely?) at center, then I think the chances of him being ready to step in right away at right guard are small.

I think he's got to get up to speed first....   I would think center first, then somewhere down the road at guard....

Or.....   I could be completely full of it and totally off base!     Just covering every contingency!      :thmup:

I would guess Holmes plays limited snaps, and we see More of Thomas Austin at center and some guard as well.  He has NFL experience, and I was able to see him close up in the Buffalo game.  He was calling out line signals and communicating well.  If he plays well at guard I would love him to replace McGlynn on the roster as a backup guard and backup center.  If not....he gone!  :)

I think Link is much better at LG than right (See Ballard's greatest 2012 runs).....but we will watch.  He is much better inside than at the RT position.

I want like most of us do...to get a steady diet of Iljalana against the Browns.  Can he do it?  This is also a big start for Thornton....can HE supplant McGlynn, or has he missed too many reps.  Time will tell.  So exciting to me!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts:  :yahoo: !!!!!

The talent level between McGlynn and the next man up should be modest, and he isn`t the future.

A shame our rooks have been hurt, but I could still see McGlynn not on the 53 man roster considering all the young hopefulls we have.

I feel it is a shame that McGlynn has the 'experience,' and continues to play so poorly.  I am rooting for the 'young hopefuls.'   :thmup:

I've seen the kid play. Worry about our guys being injured when they hit him, he's prepared.

Our guys being injured?

Didn't we strap Richardson last year? And mess his ribs up or something? That was with a weaker run defense than we've seen from this one so far

Our guys being injured?

Didn't we strap Richardson last year? And mess his ribs up or something? That was with a weaker run defense than we've seen from this one so far

He was actually injured coming into that game and played.  We did hit him hard enough that Cleveland did not play him much at all.

I want to see Landry hit someone too, but for a Hulk he seems prone to injury....I am not sold on Landry until I see him 'attempt to gel' in this secondary, and not get burnt deep as he has in the past.  If they run by ya......ya can't hit em....

He was actually injured coming into that game and played. We did hit him hard enough that Cleveland did not play him much at all.

I want to see Landry hit someone too, but for a Hulk he seems prone to injury....I am not sold on Landry until I see him 'attempt to gel' in this secondary, and not get burnt deep as he has in the past. If they run by ya......ya can't hit em....

I don't see Landry as injury prone. I don't know where the knee injury he has now came from but he played all 16 games last season & I'm confident he'll play 18 games this season (see what I did there)

I don't see Landry as injury prone. I don't know where the knee injury he has now came from but he played all 16 games last season & I'm confident he'll play 18 games this season (see what I did there)

I guess I do because he has not been a healthy Colt.  To me, no matter what anyone else believes he should have been here working out with his new teammates and learning the Pagano/Manusky defense (Formerly known as Ravens.

I am actually more worried about him getting burnt than injured....I really have a need to analyze his play WITH his teammates...not in a gym building arms of steel.

I LOVED what you did there TK!!  :)

I guess I do because he has not been a healthy Colt. To me, no matter what anyone else believes he should have been here working out with his new teammates and learning the Pagano/Manusky defense (Formerly known as Ravens.

I am actually more worried about him getting burnt than injured....I really have a need to analyze his play WITH his teammates...not in a gym building arms of steel.

I LOVED what you did there TK!! :)

You'll see him gel with Bethea on Saturday. He's never really had a good safety partner or a good environment to play in. Here in Indianapolis, its a fresh start for him. He's around good character, leaders, & hard workers (most of the team anyway). I'm expecting good things from Mr. Landry this year

is Holmes a possible RG or just C?

Would make a better Left Guard then RG do to his mobility (well the mobility he had prior to being injured, we will see if he still has that) but Center will be his primary position Im sure

I see what you did. You think we will lose our second playoff game.