Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

As mentioned in the this thread above, Whalen when thrown to has looked very impressive, has not dropped a pass yet that I recall, good at accelerating after the catch to, I spoke to Jeff Linkenbach, he mentioned practice in pads tomorrow, Andrew has overthrown a couple deep and medium range passes, Our running game looked good, I tried to get Hugh Thornton and Vick Ballards autograph but just missed

did you tell link what a fan favorite he is?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you tell link what a fan favorite he is?

They all know whats said about them, they aren't inpervious to comments said about them even if they act like they dont know, Truth is though if Hugh misses time, (he was in a walking boot today) then I would rather have Link fill his spot then for example a Mike Mcglynn. Link is actually pretty decent at Guard, Put him at RT and all heck breaks loose

They all know whats said about them, they aren't inpervious to comments said about them even if they act like they dont know, Truth is though if Hugh misses time, (he was in a walking boot today) then I would rather have Link fill his spot then for example a Mike Mcglynn. Link is actually pretty decent at Guard, Put him at RT and all heck breaks loose

gavin did you stay out in the sun too long

Well I did get sunburnt a little bit but I dont see how that affected how bad Mcglynn is at RG

and how is link any better. the guy proves time and time again hes not a full time starter. just good depth.

and how is link any better. the guy proves time and time again hes not a full time starter. just good depth.

I didn't say anything about him being a full time starter, I said he should start over Mcglynn at RG with Hugh possibly missing time(if not then this whole conversation is pointless), Mcglynn is just awful at RG, I think when you think of Linkenbach your thinking of him at RT, Which Link has no business being at

Yep, if he can't catch now.... I feel sorry for him when Landry will be able to knock the snot outta him coming across the middle

Hahaha...Mathis is great!

What really scares me is adrenalin(sp?) and Adongo occupying the same space after the pads come on. I TRULY, TRULY hope the coaches explain that this is NOT the time to lay out the guy with the different colored jersey on. That guy could train someone into PUP really quickly. I think he only has one gear.

Going to finally get to hear about Chap holding the middle spot down on D. Pumped!!

Is it me or does Luck always struggle in practice? I still wonder if he has the arm to be a true great .Just sayin.

65% completion petcentage, with 2 tds and 1 pick is struggling?

think of it this way. our defense is ballin

Also, remember, there IS a pass rush, they are just not hitting Luck, and we are playing against our own Defense, if anyone knows how to stop US, its OURSELVES.

2012 drop rate:

TY Hilton: 16.1%

DHB: 12.8%

That might be true but hilton seems to have improved on drops atleast in tc

TY did an interview where he said he was extremely disappointed in himself for all the drops last season because prior to that year, that had never been an issue for him. I believe he will turn it around.

And McGlynn has proven he can even play right guard?  The worst RG in the league last year.  Link is actually better at LG than right, but we cannot get worse than McGlynn unless Bob Lamey or Seth Olsen come in and suit up.

McGlynn is a 'superman' without the pads on....and a piece of glass in pads.  

So to summarise so far:

DHB still appears to buttery foods with his bare hands.

Luck should be cut immediately as his numbers are showing an obvious sophomore slump. 

Even though Fleener is looking like the player we thunked he was when drafted we should still trade him. 

By the laws of popular hype on this forum Adongo is the next coming of Ray Lewis.

Reggie is going to be deployed helicopters during games rather than lining up on the sideline. 

There will be open auditions for the RG position, current front runner is the kid from the Cam Newton play 60 adverts.

Jeff Linkenbach was overjoyed upon hearing he'd been nominated fans favorite player (in the pepole named Jeff Linkenbach sub category)

There may have been some sarcasm involved in the above.

On a more serious note, we're almost at preseason and I've got a worrying sense of hope for the coming season. Can't we go back to being down and out 32 ranked bums?

I haven't been seeing many pics of Dwayne Allen in camp. Anyone know more on his role in this new offense? If we are to be running the 2 TE set a lot, I would have thought he would be in on more 1st team reps.

His name is all over this thread. He's been looking good in training camp. There's no pics of him in here but if you scroll around this thread you'll see all the attention him and Fleener are getting

No bleeping way. Peyton had a rifle and was better at sqeezing the ball into tight spots. Luck may be able to throw it farther, but who cares about that? Peyton was more accurate and able to throw through smaller windows.

Yawn. Luck's arm is better than Manning's EVER was. Not even close. You've obviously never seen both in person. Don't start chirping about accuracy. Your argument was about Luck's arm strength.

@TribStarTJames: Whalen doing a nice job catching the football. Overall performance so far has been strong. Pagano referred to him as a "cerebral receiver."

@TribStarTJames: Pagano called Fleener a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Just needs to level out in his consistency.

@TribStarTJames: Colts morning practice finished. OLB Josh McNary was not at practice. Arrived last night. Having physical today. Could go this afternoon.

We think of Adongo and his having to learn the game and play with the big boys! (Not to mention how to put of a helmet :))

Josh McNary serving the country....I am sure he is in fantastic shape, but there is no way he is in football shape.  I hope he gets his legs soon.....that is the WORST feeling after a couple of practices...especially when you THINK you are in shape.  

Good luck Josh!  We are rooting for ya!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!

@TribStarTJames: Whalen doing a nice job catching the football. Overall performance so far has been strong. Pagano referred to him as a "cerebral receiver."

@TribStarTJames: Pagano called Fleener a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Just needs to level out in his consistency.

Not just the 17....kid reminds me of one Austin Collie....we need a 'hands' guy that simply runs great routes and annoys defenses.

Fleener....just a matter of time before the BIG game!  It WILL happen!!  :)