Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KBowenColts: Pagano on T.Y. Hilton: "That guy's a freak. I'd hate to be the guy on the opposite side of the ball (of Hilton). He just keeps growing..."

@KBowenColts: ...He's put so much time in, not only in the weight room...but in the classroom. Really impressed with his start and where he's going."

Not sure. Hope he wows the crowd. We're deep at LB.

If nothing else, McNary should get a HUGE ovation when he steps on the field.  To put off football in order to finish service commitments is priceless to me....I hope so to ALL Colt fans everywhere!!!  :)

Yawn. Luck's arm is better than Manning's EVER was. Not even close. You've obviously never seen both in person. Don't start chirping about accuracy. Your argument was about Luck's arm strength.

Accuracy is a part of arm strength. And Manning threw the intermediate stuff harder and more accurate. Its to the point where Peyton's arm is underrated. I dont get it. And Manning threw a better deep ball. I just dont see Luck having the arm talent of Manning in his prime. More like Eli than Peyton. And Im sure Eli can throw farther than Peyton too, but tge ability to fit it in tight spaces is where Peyton was king.

So has there been any news on that huge WR we signed from the CFL?

If you're referring to Jeremy Kelley, here you go

@andrewmishler: I like what I've seen from Jeremy Kelley so far. Big TE-like frame, but runs smoothly and catches the ball well. Consistent.

I was listening to the radio today and Lamey came on and did his update from Colts camp and two things caught my ear:

1, Andrew Luck's completion percentage is way up over this time last year.

2.  He was the third person I've heard in two days talk about how good Fleener has looked in camp and all three did it without being asked about Fleener just kinda throwing it out there.

I was listening to the radio today and Lamey came on and did his update from Colts camp and two things caught my ear:

1, Andrew Luck's completion percentage is way up over this time last year.

2.  He was the third person I've heard in two days talk about how good Fleener has looked in camp and all three did it without being asked about Fleener just kinda throwing it out there.

What station are you listening to 1070 ???

That one I heard on 1070, I also heard Jack Trudeau on WNDE yesterday talk about Fleener along with Conrad Brenner yesterday on 1070 as well. 

Are there any stations you know of that are covering mostly colts training camp ... I'm not from Indy that's why I'm asking

Are there any stations you know of that are covering mostly colts training camp ... I'm not from Indy that's why I'm asking

1070 is covering them a lot because they are the flagship station for the Colts to the point Conrad is camping with the Colts IE he has an RV up there and everything.  WNDE is a smaller Indianapolis station but Trudeau is kinda their Colts guy. 

@andrewmishler I'd keep an eye on Fleener for the next month. Star of Colts camp. Caught team-high seven passes yesterday. Pags talking him up.

I thought if anyone would benefit the most from Pep coming in it would be Fleener.  I am sure just being a second year player and healthy is helping him as well. 

I thought if anyone would benefit the most from Pep coming in it would be Fleener. I am sure just being a second year player and healthy is helping him as well.

It's not just Coby Fleener, Griff Whalen has been doing well also. Catching everything that's been thrown to him

It's not just Coby Fleener, Griff Whalen has been doing well also. Catching everything that's been thrown to him

I didn't say it was just Fleener, I just Fleener would benefit from it the most, I am sure any player who played under Pep at all at Stanford has a little bit of a leg up on the rest of the team right now.  I think Fleener will benefit the most from it not just because he used to play at Stanford but from what I know about Pep's offense it should suite Fleener a lot more than Arians did so he has two things in his favor which is why I think he will benefit the most from the change. 

I didn't say it was just Fleener, I just Fleener would benefit from it the most, I am sure any player who played under Pep at all at Stanford has a little bit of a leg up on the rest of the team right now.  I think Fleener will benefit the most from it not just because he used to play at Stanford but from what I know about Pep's offense it should suite Fleener a lot more than Arians did so he has two things in his favor which is why I think he will benefit the most from the change. 

Yup. Whalen looked good in preseason last year under Arians' offense. He's benefiting just from being healthy. Fleener is now getting an opportunity to showcase his athleticism, which is his single greatest attribute.

I thought if anyone would benefit the most from Pep coming in it would be Fleener.  I am sure just being a second year player and healthy is helping him 

as well. 

They both are looking great

If nothing else, McNary should get a HUGE ovation when he steps on the field.  To put off football in order to finish service commitments is priceless to me....I hope so to ALL Colt fans everywhere!!!   :)

McNary and Adongo are almost guarenteed to make the PS.  Maybe Kelly too.  Lets face it, none of those guys have a snowballs chance to make the team.  But they all have a lot of potential.  I hope they keep them.

Maybe it's time to start another camp thread - and probably a new one daily?

As a mod, it's your call.

No!!!! Keep it all in one. Do you know we could break a forum record if we use the SAME thread for the next month & some days?!

That could be like 1000 pages with like 50,000 replies

Starting a new thread for camp updates, as the old one is getting unwieldy. Will start a new one every day. Here's the link to the previous thread: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/19225-official-training-camp-thread/

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/362268437948538880

#colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw expects to miss a couple of weeks. Asked him if he needed to play in preseason game. "Not really.''